Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,831,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaGeo View Post
A buddy of mine sells Mercedes at the Mercedes dealership on Rt. 17. The average customer makes around $60k a year and lives in Bergen County. Their credit is "good enough" to be bought by a bank. The debt to income ratio is abdurd however.
So are you saying customers at Mercedes dealership in Clifton earns much more than that? I hope you are not serious.

Those Bergen towns you mentioned has average income of $100k+, don't think it's the case for Clifton. Your income might be Upper class in Clifton, but dime a dozen in those Bergen towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,989,039 times
Must be hard to find shirts that fit over that enormous chip on your shoulder!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:29 PM

989 posts, read 1,878,943 times
I'm not sold on how great all of the schools are in Northern Bergen County in order to justify the insane property taxes in those communities. There are good public school districts all over the USA, and I don't believe that residents in all of those communities around the country are being soaked with over the top property taxes like the folks in Bergen County.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,673,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
I'm not sold on how great all of the schools are in Northern Bergen County in order to justify the insane property taxes in those communities. There are good public school districts all over the USA, and I don't believe that residents in all of those communities around the country are being soaked with over the top property taxes like the folks in Bergen County.
Ummm....have you seen the taxes in Passaic county or better yet Essex county?...Bergen has it easy.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,919,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Many people leave Bergen County after their kids graduate high school to avoid the ridiculous taxes and congestion.

Years ago Bergen County was a nice county with lots of farms. What happened?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,238,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
People moved in.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM

382 posts, read 805,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
So are you saying customers at Mercedes dealership in Clifton earns much more than that? I hope you are not serious.

Those Bergen towns you mentioned has average income of $100k+, don't think it's the case for Clifton. Your income might be Upper class in Clifton, but dime a dozen in those Bergen towns.
You and most people are missing the point.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Many people leave Bergen County after their kids graduate high school to avoid the ridiculous taxes and congestion.

People from the city realized they could commute from there.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,082,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
People moved in.
Why would they do such a thing?

Just got BC's credit score back. All you BC grifters can forget about getting rtes 4 &17 paved ever again. What's gonna happen to the suspensions of your fancy Mercedes & Jags that you can barely make payments on?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM

7 posts, read 13,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Why would they do such a thing?

Just got BC's credit score back. All you BC grifters can forget about getting rtes 4 &17 paved ever again. What's gonna happen to the suspensions of your fancy Mercedes & Jags that you can barely make payments on?
Foreclose and move to Clifton apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey