Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Ghoulinatski and Spitzoid,,, now there are two world class BUMS.

First thing Ghoulinatski does after finishing up being Mayor of NYC is gang up with foreign money investors so he can sell off USA highways and bridges so that foreigners own them and they can charge whatever tolls they want with no repercussions or control from us regular slaves of the USA.

Spitzoid, I could right through that sleaze as he started getting his name in the news every day going after anybody he could. Used his power of corruption to victimize everyday people just to get his name in the news then runs for Guv. We see how that turned out.

Both bums that would sell anyone down the river.
But Christie followed their path to fame & higher office by indicting everyone. Fishman has kept a low profile in comparison. It seems like he's methodically building a case and not just putting his mug on tv like other prosecutors have in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
So the dozens of convictions big, bad prosecutor Christie got against pols was absolutely amazing streak of luck or it's what prosecutors around here (Giuliani, Spitzer) do to make names for themselves?
how many of those politicians could you name before their "convictions"? you couldnt name them before and im sure they wont be too harshly punished. once their name passes from the news and no eyes are watching, punishments are very minor.

what timeframe would you put on your expectation of action here? just want to know when i should come back and bump this thread and point out that nothing significant has happened legally.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
how many of those politicians could you name before their "convictions"? you couldnt name them before and im sure they wont be too harshly punished. once their name passes from the news and no eyes are watching, punishments are very minor.

what timeframe would you put on your expectation of action here? just want to know when i should come back and bump this thread and point out that nothing significant has happened legally.
Well i'm not Kreskin, Captn. But if the indictments come out there will be plenty of action here. You won't have to worry about monitoring anything. CC's a divisive character and ppl don't hold back about him.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Well i'm not Kreskin, Captn. But if the indictments come out there will be plenty of action here. You won't have to worry about monitoring anything. CC's a divisive character and ppl don't hold back about him.
i think you are dreaming based on your personal partisanship. politicians are protected by each other. thats why they are the ones to investigate each other. we have to deal with the police, they deal with their colleagues (that are doing the same kinds of corrupt stuff that they are doing).

Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 PM

88,610 posts, read 84,857,016 times
They will get him on misusing Port Authority funds for state projects.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:16 PM

19,134 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you mean Samson, or CC?

In defense of CC...If he was "gifted" with funds from the PA, why would he not use those monies?
On the other hand, there is the question of whether Samson was legally able to divert PA funds in that manner.

I guess that the only cliffhanger in this convoluted case is...Which characters are going to sing in order to gain immunity, and which ones are going to prison?

Old 06-20-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Wait. I thought he "re-used" the money slated for the Hudson tunnel (still very much needed btw) and used it for the state transportation fund?

Old 06-20-2014, 07:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Default Stop the presses! Size 56...told ya

Quote:
The numbskulls on here assumed that since it's been a few months & nothing has come out that all is over. Fact is - we don't know yet. If Samson really is going to sing to save his ass, several people could be in orange jumpsuits. Even a size 56 with a flag lapel pin on it.
Samson??

Stop the presses! A couple of people, EBWick & another poster, have already started with the fat jokes. Guess this confirms that GWB-gate is ovah!

EB, assuming these are educated people doing the investigation, how many months should it take to gather the facts over whether a few "traffic cones" (thanks to another poster for that) were placed strategically to close certain lanes out of "political revenge" or not? What, are they reading emails going all the way back to the 1980's to gather evidence? I wonder how much tax money are these people being paid to figure out if a true crime has been committed and how much time were they given to have an answer?

On another note, by the time of the next Pres election, why would the rest of the country care that one day two lanes, out of 6-8 lane tollway, were closed going into/out of NYC but the lanes are usually packed, crowded or closed for one reason or another most of the time anyway? Talk about a waste of money. If the investigators haven't reached a conclusive answer by now then in the words of the late great Johnnie Cochran "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Default This if anything

Quote:
From the article that I read, I'd say if anything it would be this.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Samson??

Stop the presses! A couple of people, EBWick & another poster, have already started with the fat jokes. Guess this confirms that GWB-gate is ovah!

EB, assuming these are educated people doing the investigation, how many months should it take to gather the facts over whether a few "traffic cones" (thanks to another poster for that) were placed strategically to close certain lanes out of "political revenge" or not? What, are they reading emails going all the way back to the 1980's to gather evidence? I wonder how much tax money are these people being paid to figure out if a true crime has been committed and how much time were they given to have an answer?

On another note, by the time of the next Pres election, why would the rest of the country care that one day two lanes, out of 6-8 lane tollway, were closed going into/out of NYC but the lanes are usually packed, crowded or closed for one reason or another most of the time anyway? Talk about a waste of money. If the investigators haven't reached a conclusive answer by now then in the words of the late great Johnnie Cochran "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!"
If you were in traffic for hours or your mom couldn't get to the hospital due to man-made tieups, you'd still think it was a funny prank, right. Lots of people view it as an abuse of power. Then when the PA nut was cracked open, we got to see the workings of a crooked agency led by a fake "general"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey