Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 10:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Mitt seems to be hanging around. And his hair's still picture perfect. He'd make an ideal Veep. Christie/Mitt 2016!

But realistically you need a latino on the ticket.
that's a guaranteed losing ticket. I wouldn't vote for it. I have committed not to vote for another candidate that isn't a real conservative regardless of the results.

I don't really see why you need a latino. they haven't legalized all the illegals yet. I actually think that anti-illegal immigration strategy could be huge for a candidate. just not to properly push the message about jobs and how letting millions more workers into America when so many American citizens are out of work. I would think that could be a great strategy for a democrat in a primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 10:32 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
well, the last 2 elections the republicans didn't seem to care much about how the southern conservative's feel.
I question how viable a candidate Mr. Brat will actually be in the general election for Congress in that district. He describes himself as a "Calvinist Christian Warrior", and if you do a bit of research on the core beliefs of that group, you find the following:

...the elimination of public schools, the denial of full citizenship to non-Christians, and the death penalty for adultery, performing or having an abortion, blasphemy, homosexuality, heresy, and persistent rebelliousness against one's parents...

Even in the south, I'm not sure that these types of beliefs will fly with the general public.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I question how viable a candidate Mr. Brat will actually be in the general election for Congress in that district. He describes himself as a "Calvinist Christian Warrior", and if you do a bit of research on the core beliefs of that group, you find the following:

...the elimination of public schools, the denial of full citizenship to non-Christians, and the death penalty for adultery, performing or having an abortion, blasphemy, homosexuality, heresy, and persistent rebelliousness against one's parents...

Even in the south, I'm not sure that these types of beliefs will fly with the general public.

he certainly wont do well if his opposition is successfully able to define his beliefs. I just googled the whole Calvinist Christian warrior thing and all I see if leftist web sites trying to paint him as a nut. It doesn't seem so simple to independently research that Calvinist thing.

it doesn't matter if he wins or loses as far as the primary is concerned. winning seats isn't important if you are just going to send another corrupt R or D to Washington. I have no interest in giving the senate to the republicans just so their leaders can hand out bigger offices to their friends and send more money to their cronies.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:05 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Quote:
that's a guaranteed losing ticket. I wouldn't vote for it. I have committed not to vote for another candidate that isn't a real conservative regardless of the results.

I don't really see why you need a latino. they haven't legalized all the illegals yet. I actually think that anti-illegal immigration strategy could be huge for a candidate. just not to properly push the message about jobs and how letting millions more workers into America when so many American citizens are out of work. I would think that could be a great strategy for a democrat in a primary.
Well Ronnie already did that almost 30 yrs ago!

Latinos will overtake blacks as the largest minority group if they haven't already. Pols ignore that fact at their own peril. Let's face facts. A party full of pasty Southern white guys has no future in 21st century America,

Old 06-17-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well Ronnie already did that almost 30 yrs ago!

Latinos will overtake blacks as the largest minority group if they haven't already. Pols ignore that fact at their own peril. Let's face facts. A party full of pasty Southern white guys has no future in 21st century America,
you only wish to fill America with illegals to be legalized because you care more about "winning" than you care about the future of the country. you will betray your fellow democrats because you think they are too stupid to see through you. you think they are so dumb that they will vote for your victory and bring in replacement cheap labor to put them out of work.

anyway, amnesty is a losing issue for the republicans for sure (and you know that). the only reason you spit out the nonsense above is because you want the republicans to kill themselves faster by supporting amnesty.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
you only wish to fill America with illegals to be legalized because you care more about "winning" than you care about the future of the country. you will betray your fellow democrats because you think they are too stupid to see through you. you think they are so dumb that they will vote for your victory and bring in replacement cheap labor to put them out of work.

anyway, amnesty is a losing issue for the republicans for sure (and you know that). the only reason you spit out the nonsense above is because you want the republicans to kill themselves faster by supporting amnesty.
So the CaptainNJs came over on the Mayflower I see.

Just pointing out facts, you simpleton. Your corporate faction on the one hand LOVES cheap illegal labor but every election cycle the RNC has to don overalls, hop in the Ford pickup & fire up the base about our porous borders that they do absolutely nothing about. Cantor tried straddling that 3rd rail and got his privates torched in the primary by a Teabagger nobody who spent $10. OH THE HUMILIATION!

Last edited by EBWick; 06-17-2014 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 PM

11,349 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:

Just pointing out facts, you simpleton. Your corporate faction on the one hand LOVES cheap illegal labor but every election cycle the RNC has to don overalls, hop in the Ford pickup & fire up the base about our porous borders that they do absolutely nothing about. Cantor tried straddling that 3rd rail and got his privates torched in the primary by a Teabagger nobody who spent $10. OH THE HUMILIATION!
Back to reality. They still have nothing on Christie and that just sticks in your throat...BAHAHAHAHA.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:

you are being dishonest. you want the illegals because you know they will help the democrats will win elections. pretending as if you believe its good for republicans or America to pander to them is you lying.

funny how you mention that you are in alignment with the chamber of commerce on this issue (and you are attacking their reasoning but you still side with them). they have their reasons (cheap labor) and you have yours (democrat victories). but at least they stand to benefit from their anti-American position, you would have cheap labor drive up unemployment and down wages simply so more D's can sit in their palace in DC.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:37 AM

Q - who's deported more illegals, Bush or Obama?

Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Q - who's deported more illegals, Bush or Obama?
bush. did you miss the memo that pointed out that Obama's numbers were lies? you are clearly behind on things. one rule you can go with to be safe is that if the info comes from the Obama admin, its a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey