Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 07:08 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It's sick that some people seem happy about any of this. Is Democrat vs Republican really that worth it? It's just an affiliation. There are dirty people on both (all, really, because they're not the only affiliations) sides. The issue I see is unequal representation of that in the media, and that isn't always the case - only usually.

Example: de Blasio is accused of holding back plows to the Upper East Side for a full day and it makes the news, but no one's publicly crucifying him other than the immediate residents. It's merely a question: did this happen? Can we prove this happened, and who did it, and why? There's no proof he did it, just like there's still no proof Christie was directly involved, but no one's even bothering to look into it in de Blasio's case. This has baffled me since yesterday. The questions raised are as legitimate as Bridgegate IMO.

I've seen many people say that de Blasio is waging a class war and that he's angry at the wealthy who didn't vote for him and that's why they believe he did this on purpose. Either way, the city's response to that snowstorm was awful - I'd know, I'm in Staten Island every day and Tuesday was hell. They were somehow not at all prepared and de Blasio SHOULD be under fire for that at the least.
BENGHAZI!!!

If his team is guilty...and they are, a bipartisan truthteller wouldn't stonewall, pretend he forgot old friends like Wildstein ("who's he? Never heard of the guy"), defend "General" Samson at all costs and act like he's a hands-off leader. Fatman's burnt a lot of people in his rise to power. He's getting whatever he rightly deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
But liberals get away with sex scandals , money scams , all sorts of corruption , lies all day long ...

Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
But liberals get away with sex scandals , money scams , all sorts of corruption , lies all day long ...
Both sides do it, but could you be more specific like this?

Republican husband & wife team of greed...

Former Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell and his wife Maureen are set to appear before a federal judge on charges that they engaged in conspiracy and fraud, trading on his office to provide assistance to a businessman in exchange for luxury gifts and loans.

Or this Republican pundit...

(CNN) – Conservative commentator and author Dinesh D'Souza has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of making illegal contributions to a U.S. Senate campaign.

D'Souza allegedly made and arranged $20,000 in campaign donations to an unnamed campaign in 2012 and then reimbursed those who were directed to make contributions, according to the charges handed up in New York City.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Wow,and I liked CC.

I still do like him compared to the other Republicans though.

If he loses,it will be another Democrat victory for the White House.

I refuse to vote for Ted Cruz and the other conservatives and Tea partiers.

I'm really not sure why some are suing because the bridge was closed???
Some people really have time on their hands gosh.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wow,and I liked CC.

I still do like him compared to the other Republicans though.

If he loses,it will be another Democrat victory for the White House.

I refuse to vote for Ted Cruz and the other conservatives and Tea partiers.

I'm really not sure why some are suing because the bridge was closed???
Some people really have time on their hands gosh.
One of the persons suing had their business fined over $100k because they were late to a call due to the closure.

I would certainly sue for that too.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:16 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Both sides do it, but could you be more specific like this?

Republican husband & wife team of greed...

Former Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell and his wife Maureen are set to appear before a federal judge on charges that they engaged in conspiracy and fraud, trading on his office to provide assistance to a businessman in exchange for luxury gifts and loans.

Or this Republican pundit...

(CNN) – Conservative commentator and author Dinesh D'Souza has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of making illegal contributions to a U.S. Senate campaign.

D'Souza allegedly made and arranged $20,000 in campaign donations to an unnamed campaign in 2012 and then reimbursed those who were directed to make contributions, according to the charges handed up in New York City.

Cool stories ! I don't need to point out specifics , if you don't know then your just a sheep. Just look up the history, I never said Republicans were better so I dunno why your so defensive , typical action from a liberal I guess huh ?

Point is , no side is equally better but rather then parading around trying to demonize 1 party how about waking up and fixing both parties. Just an idea.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:59 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,925 times
I don't think a politician being crooked or being involved with a scandal has anything to do with being a Republican or a Democrat.

They're just crooked. Period.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I don't think a politician being crooked or being involved with a scandal has anything to do with being a Republican or a Democrat.

They're just crooked. Period.
Certain "scandals" dog Republicans more because Republicans are the fake moralists hating on gays then getting caught in airport bathrooms cruising for guys. Newt Gingrich flipping out about Lewinsky while cheating on both of his ex-wives. Constantly lying about "voter fraud" - it hardly ever happens - just to make it more difficult for minorities & poor people to vote.

And that tool Huckleberry basically called women sluts the other day. Stay classy!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:35 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,928 times
Getting away from partisan-speak, I'm just happy the PA isn't using their funds to pay Wildstein's defense costs.

AP News : Ex-NY/NJ port exec to pay own bills in bridge flap

I SURE DO HOPE they feel/find the same way for Baroni (and maybe Sampson, if it comes to that).

I can't believe the nerve of those two to even consider asking for such a thing.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Ah, but the lawyers always come out ahead in these things.

Christie has hired Gibson, Dunn as an adviser for the bridge closing issue, but Gibson, Dunn also represents the Port Authority in the AAA lawsuit against the PA for the toll increases. Some see this as a conflict of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey