Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,581 times

Advertisements

IF CC wasn't running for re-election at the time it was running, I'd probably think little of it. But he was, and frankly like Guiliani and 9/11, Sandy is his primary claim to fame. I don't think anything will come of it though. Self-serving promotion is not illegal. NJ governors have appeared in touirsm ads B4 so it's not unprecedented. But I honestly don't know what went into the decision making and where the 2 mil might otherwise might gone. If it was earmarked for administrative stuff, then - - little will come of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:49 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Thank you for bringing logic and reason to the chaos. You are absolutely correct in your assessment.
The IG's office will look into it and see how the selection was made. There should be existing documentation of the process in a public procurement. Until they release some kind of report, everyone is just guessing.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you know that for a fact? Because it sounds like an RFP to me, not a bid. In a bid, the state would be dictating exactly what the campaign would entail and everyone would be bidding on the exact same scope of work. In an RFP, the vendors would propose what they are going to do. The RFP scenario is not always a lowest-price situation, which I explained upthread. If they picked firm A because it used Christie instead of Firm B's Bon Jovi, that's NOT a bid, because the state would have specified in the bid documents who would be used.
i imagine you're correct. because if it was the bid process, he clearly violated the law and we would know about that by now. i honestly don't care enough to pay attention to it, but i suspect it was the RFP process anyways. now...it can be discussed if it was worth the extra money. maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. and we can judge him on that. anyways....

Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 PM

396 posts, read 708,313 times
It is so interesting to me that the new hot thread is about the red herring longer school year that has not a snowball in hell chance of ever seeing the light of day.......

......but my my, how it bumped Bridgegate off the map conversationally.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,667,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
It is so interesting to me that the new hot thread is about the red herring longer school year that has not a snowball in hell chance of ever seeing the light of day.......

......but my my, how it bumped Bridgegate off the map conversationally.
Changing the topic from something as silly as "bridgegate" is not a tough thing to do. I say that with no disrespect to the people on here that have strong feelings about it.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,108 times
Bringing this thread back on topic, FWIW, I found this hilarious! And man, Fallon is amazingly talented!!!

Bruce Springsteen & Jimmy Fallon: "Gov. Christie Traffic Jam" ("Born To Run" Parody) - YouTube

Last edited by pvs; 01-15-2014 at 08:19 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingThat View Post
how huge is this guy? 500 lbs? the bridge emails didn't hurt his chances at a national run, his addiction to food did. The days of electing morbidly obese people is over. They could hide Barry smoking his cigs, but you can't hide a half ton of lard in a suit.
Guess you haven't seen him lately.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Guess you haven't seen him lately.
Was 450 now he's 350. Slow progress at least. His kids are big too. Genes can be strong.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:57 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Bringing this thread back on topic, FWIW, I found this hilarious! And man, Fallon is amazingly talented!!!

Bruce Springsteen & Jimmy Fallon: "Gov. Christie Traffic Jam" ("Born To Run" Parody) - YouTube
Hilarious! Very well done

Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Who was it the other day that knocked CC not taking the lowest bid...Pallone?

Pallone's comment was clearly misleading. Since when is the lowest bid the only criteria for selection of a contractor.

Dems are showing their ignorance or their unmitigated confidence in the stupidity of the electorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey