Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,421,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I agree. But the problem still isn't here, it's where they're coming from. It's not the US's job to fix those other countries, though we attempt to anyway, in some ways.

As long as life in their home countries is sh*tty, they're going to want to leave. Where will they come? A prosperous country like the US, which has the idea of the "American Dream," something way overrated and often unattainable.
OK then, so there's no immigration problem for the US to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:43 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
no, because the voting doesn't even deserve a response.

identity theft issue with healthcare exist, just like identity theft issues exist with everything. i already posted links to a story about a bust of an ID theft ring that was specifically for illegals from asia and elsewhere. but you're implying with your posts that somehow there's a way for illegals to legally get obamacare and other programs. no program is immune from fraud, whether those perpetuating the fraud are citizens or not isn't really a relevant detail IMO.
im not saying that. im saying that the enforcement isnt there so illegals can get these services. the lack of enforcement is intentional.

its illegal to cross the border but millions seem to be able to do that. your logic is ridiculous when you look at reality.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
what is "immediate deportation"? so, if a cop sees you, and just decides your illegal, he can put you on a plane out? or is he required to arrest you, detain you, and actually prove you're illegal? you know, our whole system of justice?

1. I know some states have permitted undocumented people to get a drivers license. i don't think NJ is one of them, so I haven't really cared too much about that 'issue'. i wouldn't support any measure in NJ to do that though.
2. because this is a democracatic republic, and he's not a dictator. Why hasn't congress done that?
3. No, he can do various measures via executive order, and then we can listen to people moan about how he's taking power into his own hands. But no, he's definitely not doing all HE can do reduce illegal immigration.
you dont need to be processed, scheduled for a hearing in the future and then be given the opportunity to flee and not show up for that hearing in order to verify legal status. the government has records of who has legal status in this country, the people need to prove it or be removed. they need to do it locally and without letting them go anywhere.

2. these are the answers that show how deceptive you are. yes, obama needs congress to change the laws. but you know that if he wishes to pass a law he doesnt just sit down and hope congress writes something up. he got PPACA passed didnt he? he has to present his wishes and have his party legislators write up legislation. so when i ask if obama is doing something, it means is he trying to get his party to pass laws that will work. the answer is no.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:21 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,050,389 times
Thanks everyone I made a report through ICE and will keep you updated if anything happens. I'm 100% certain that these individuals are illegal, and have been trafficking drugs in Morristown, NJ. I will also be keeping an eye out for contractors hiring illegals too and reporting these criminals.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,638,034 times
Default keeping an eye out for contractors hiring illegals too and reporting these criminals.

How would you know if a guy cutting the grass in the neighborhood is an illegal criminal? Do they wear handcuffs and signs?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
How would you know if a guy cutting the grass in the neighborhood is an illegal criminal? Do they wear handcuffs and signs?
Potentially so when they say, "I no spiiik innnnnnnnglishhh".

Criminal type = a next door neighbor legal citizen can potentially be so.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you dont need to be processed, scheduled for a hearing in the future and then be given the opportunity to flee and not show up for that hearing in order to verify legal status. the government has records of who has legal status in this country, the people need to prove it or be removed. they need to do it locally and without letting them go anywhere.

2. these are the answers that show how deceptive you are. yes, obama needs congress to change the laws. but you know that if he wishes to pass a law he doesnt just sit down and hope congress writes something up. he got PPACA passed didnt he? he has to present his wishes and have his party legislators write up legislation. so when i ask if obama is doing something, it means is he trying to get his party to pass laws that will work. the answer is no.
you're being obtuse, either intentionally or not. when PPACA was passed, Congress was different than it is now. The Senate, I believe, passed an immigration bill. The House knows Obama's wishes, but they haven't passed one yet. Yes, Obama is trying to not only get his party to pass something, but both.

I'm not being deceptive Captian.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
you're being obtuse, either intentionally or not. when PPACA was passed, Congress was different than it is now. The Senate, I believe, passed an immigration bill. The House knows Obama's wishes, but they haven't passed one yet. Yes, Obama is trying to not only get his party to pass something, but both.

I'm not being deceptive Captian.
what are his wishes that would actually reduce the flow of people from the southern border? more money to house these illegals and speed up processing? that does nothing to stem the flow. obama wants amnesty, a lot of republicans and democrats want amnesty. so why are we pretending as if he is doing all he cant to prevent something that he wants to happen? the dems can kiss the senate goodbye if republicans play the illegal invasion card.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 07-29-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what are his wishes that would actually reduce the flow of people from the southern border? more money to house these illegals and speed up processing? that does nothing to stem the flow. obama wants amnesty, a lot of republicans and democrats want amnesty. so why are we pretending as if he is doing all he cant to prevent something that he wants to happen? the dems can kiss the senate goodbye if republicans play the illegal invasion card.
"amnesty".

how does Obama want "amnesty"?

He wants illegal immigrants to enter the country? Really? This is where the conversation is just bat$hit crazy and not really worth continuing.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
"amnesty".

how does Obama want "amnesty"?

He wants illegal immigrants to enter the country? Really? This is where the conversation is just bat$hit crazy and not really worth continuing.
amnesty means legal status in america. ill have to do some googling for obama specifics but even rubio said that the senate bill gives immediate legal status to illegals that are here. im pretty sure he has spoken about "dreamers" and gave many of them legal status.

you would have to be very dumb to believe that offering up legal status wouldnt drive illegals here. im not sure what you think is crazy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey