Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 02:49 PM

11 posts, read 9,870 times

Advertisements

What is the highest someone has paid for Lancaster?
The three units available now are 584K and 629K ..Is it worth paying this high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 05:21 AM

189 posts, read 460,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhome View Post
Easiest way to figure this out is to review the public Lancaster sales figures. See here as an example:
Bergen County real estate sales: Week of Aug. 7 - Real Estate Home - NorthJersey.com

If I were you and considering a Lancaster, you should also feature/price-compare with the New York models at Wright Place.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 AM

12 posts, read 22,372 times
Default Hardwood Floor Contractors

Hi,

The wife and I decided against going through pulte for the floors (wanted hardwood as opposed to engineered). Our closing date will be on Sept 15th and wanted to immediately put in the flooring. I was wondering if anyone else in the forum chose to go outside pulte, and if so did you use a local contractor you would recommend to both purchase materials and install the floors?

Adrian

Old 08-23-2016, 04:51 AM

189 posts, read 460,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_NYC View Post
Hi,

The wife and I decided against going through pulte for the floors (wanted hardwood as opposed to engineered). Our closing date will be on Sept 15th and wanted to immediately put in the flooring. I was wondering if anyone else in the forum chose to go outside pulte, and if so did you use a local contractor you would recommend to both purchase materials and install the floors?

Adrian
Smart choice. I wish we went with real hardwood as opposed to engineered. PM'ed you our contact@Advanced Flooring, the company that Pulte uses for their flooring.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:54 AM

7 posts, read 10,260 times
We decided to go down the same path. But there is an issue with installing hard wood on these floors. There is a layer of concrete beneath the carpet and hard woods can only be installed on wooden sub-floor as they can only be nailed down. So we ended up installing engineered wood on ours. There is a workaround to install install hard wood over concrete (Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete | The Family Handyman), but I don't think it's worth the effort. Your call!!

But there is a benefit on getting it installed from outside and not Pulte. You get a lot of variety for the same price. We did our research and finally decided on Floor Expo on Rt. 46 in Fairfield. They were way better than I expected, both in terms of variety of stuff they have and service they provide. The owner, Eric, is awesome.

Last edited by SimonRx; 08-23-2016 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 09:16 AM

12 posts, read 22,372 times
I'm assuming the concrete problem is only on the ground floor rather than the upper floors. I know during our framing walk through the upper floors had wood subfloors. If that's the case we'd probably just engineered on the lower level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRx View Post
We decided to go down the same path. But there is an issue with installing hard wood on these floors. There is a layer of concrete beneath the carpet and hard woods can only be installed on wooden sub-floor as they can only be nailed down. So we ended up installing engineered wood on ours. There is a workaround to install install hard wood over concrete (Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete | The Family Handyman), but I don't think it's worth the effort. Your call!!

But there is a benefit on getting it installed from outside and not Pulte. You get a lot of variety for the same price. We did our research and finally decided on Floor Expo on Rt. 46 in Fairfield. They were way better than I expected, both in terms of variety of stuff they have and service they provide. The owner, Eric, is awesome.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:58 PM

32 posts, read 57,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhome View Post
We moved in August of 2015 and paid around $610 for a Lancaster...you'll be a lot closer to the train so I'd say it's worth it but you need to do your research before moving here to make sure you know about the community, etc. It's a great commute if you or your wife work in the city, plus I just recently started a work from home group for our entrepreneur community!

Old 08-25-2016, 11:26 PM

8 posts, read 14,054 times
You need to get your priorities in order!!!!!

Richly built????? If you mean particle board ( the type lowes or home depote sells for 9 dollars for a 4x8 sheet ) and then either cheap cement board siding, plastic siding or brick veneer ( yes, they don't even put up whole bricks!!!! They use a brick veneer that probably saves them a penny a brick. )

If this is what you are talking about and would rather have these things so you look outside for the first 5 years and think you are living in a high class ( or how you put it "richly built") and the reason I say 5 years, wait until the sun turns all the plastic windows a yellow color of the plastic trim 40 feet up in the air yellow or the brick veneer starts to separate than move somewhere else. How can you put your family's lives in jeperady so you can say you live in a new community? The answer is there is no 30 minute community that is built correct and will not burn down if a small little fire starts.... put your family's lives first! Buy a house not a condo/town house that is built right and who cares if it is an hour drive from nyc!!!! If you are complaining about driving an extra 30 minutes to keep your family safe then you really should have your wife, her parents, your parents and anybody else in your family who should be shocked that you are putting your commute first instead of your family's safety! !!!!!!

Have a safe day....

Old 08-26-2016, 11:45 PM

378 posts, read 587,063 times
Mr. Westmountischeaplybuilt, save your energy. The buyers of these places really don't give a sh*t if their home is cheaply built, or if the schools are crap. They think they are so smart and rich when in fact most of them know little to nothing about the ways of the world and are just corporate lackeys. Just look at the posts on this thread to corroborate that.

Best I can tell most of the buyers are Asian, which explains the fact that financial considerations are first priority above all else (such as good schools, proximity to amenities, Walk Scores, quality of life, safety, etc.).

Old 08-27-2016, 10:31 AM

8 posts, read 14,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR07 View Post
"give up another 30mins of your commute 1 way".

sweetie, i guess your understanding of time is a little off. so according to you, pulte didnt use the correct firewalls in the community, and because of that people are supposed to add 1hr each day to their commute? perhaps your hourly rate is $8 but most people who live here make $50-100/hr and value their time more.
Know, what I don't understand is how can you put "time" infront of your or anyone else's lives?????

You should read a article in the bergen record today on the front page lower right hand side. Titled " INFERNO CASTS SHADOW OVER REBUILDING IN EDGEWATER "

it says in the 1st paragraph exactly what I am saying here " A proposal to rebuild......includes the use of masonry (that means concrete and not cheap sheet rock!!!!) And an enhanced fire suppression system designed to prevent A CATASTROPHE LIKE THE BLAZE THAT DESTROYED THE STRUCTURE IN JANUARY"

Go ahead and save yoused a few minutes a day by buying one of these cheaply ( let me quote the article one more time) ".......2nd paragraph near the end of it...... delevelopers favor the lightweight building method BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP,FAST TO PUT UP.....BUT FIREFIGHTERS AND SAFETY ADVOCATES ARE AGAINST THE LIGHTWEIGHT METHOD"

NEED I SAY MORE? HEY, IT'S ONLY YOUR LIFE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

I have solid concrete between my neighbors, yes I spent a little more for it but they are out there and you can request it if you purchase before the unit is built and just pay the difference in price.

Have a nice day and I hope you or your neighborhood doesn't burn down just like Avalon in Edgewater did in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey