Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 12:05 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...and both Silent Kim and our esteemed governor can try to lie about their supposed tax breaks for NJ residents, but the reality on their watch includes a 36% increase in NJ Transit fares (while essentially ignoring safety upgrades and maintenance), a 20% increase in state college tuitions, and the cessation of the Homestead Rebate program, all of which amounted to a substantial fiscal burden on the state's residents.

What was that old saying?
Wasn't it...Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining?
So you are good with Loud Murphy (a Mass-hole) who straight up tells us all that we're going to get taxed beyond what we already are & is proud of it? Who is Bernie Sanders-ish with his "free everything", and only to get votes? The typical lib pandering to the stupid is what you're good with? Apparently you have nothing to lose.

Had the libs not run businesses out of NJ, there would be no need to commute to NY or DE or PA or CT, and there would be no whining about commuting/transit fees.

Homestead rebate? A few hundred dollars doesn't make or break anyone. Unless, of course, it's going to get shot up an arm or between toes.

Please stop pissing on my leg and pretending the rain will stop when liberals take over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
It's clear Murphy will win. Hopefully he will not be the type of governor that will make us a "sanctuary state". Nobody wants to see that and it's definitely not where his focus should be. This state continues to have significant long term financial issues which need to be addressed.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:53 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Do you like, are you good with, NJ becoming a sanctuary state?

You said:

You do understand that this isn't about immigrants? This is about ILLEGAL immigrants and no matter their age or lack of criminal history while they live, illegally, in the US & what they cost the citizens (legal) in the US?

If a child id brought her illegally by their parents and has lived here without committing crimes, has gone to school, is working then I have no issue with them staying in NJ and I would like them to have a path to become a citizen.

I am not in favor of removing that illegal immigrant.

If sanctuary state means protecting all illegal immigrants no matter their behavior I am not in favor of that

Old 10-17-2017, 10:37 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I'm digging in.

No way is Murphy getting my vote.
Ditto, already voted for Kim via Mail in ballot.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Do you like, are you good with, NJ becoming a sanctuary state?

You said:

You do understand that this isn't about immigrants? This is about ILLEGAL immigrants and no matter their age or lack of criminal history while they live, illegally, in the US & what they cost the citizens (legal) in the US?

For example, many productive working people in New Jersey just received increases to their health insurance premiums of 35%. Where do you think this money is going? Could it be going to pay hospitals who are forced by law to treat whatever walks in?

Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
If a child id brought her illegally by their parents and has lived here without committing crimes, has gone to school, is working then I have no issue with them staying in NJ and I would like them to have a path to become a citizen.

I am not in favor of removing that illegal immigrant.

If sanctuary state means protecting all illegal immigrants no matter their behavior I am not in favor of that
I understand what you are saying, but...

They are illegal. They have no right to be in this county & we, the tax payers, shouldn't be footing the bill for them to remain here while on their "path" to get legal.

They need to do it the right way, as my grandparents did, my in-laws did, my friends parents/grandparents/great grandparents did. Get in line, back in your "home country" & wait.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
For example, many productive working people in New Jersey just received increases to their health insurance premiums of 35%. Where do you think this money is going? Could it be going to pay hospitals who are forced by law to treat whatever walks in?
Maybe, ya think?

But yes, let's vote Murphy in & make NJ a sanctuary state so illegals come here from surrounding states & can't find work or a place to live (legally) & flood our ERs & cost ALL of us more $$$$$.

Only "the rich" will pay for all of Murphy's BS. Right?

The amount of stupid in this state is sad.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 AM

551 posts, read 1,188,447 times
The problem here is the lesser of 2 evils cannot be easily figured out....it seems NJ.com has already called it murphy wins by landslide

Old 10-18-2017, 05:44 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but...

They are illegal. They have no right to be in this county & we, the tax payers, shouldn't be footing the bill for them to remain here while on their "path" to get legal.

They need to do it the right way, as my grandparents did, my in-laws did, my friends parents/grandparents/great grandparents did. Get in line, back in your "home country" & wait.
I think this is where we differ- I see the US as the home country of people who have lived here since they were infants.

I also do not hold them accountable for the actions of adults.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:42 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
The problem here is the lesser of 2 evils cannot be easily figured out....it seems NJ.com has already called it murphy wins by landslide
Kim has one last chance to redeem herself tonight but I have the feeling she will yet again offer hollow sounding generic promises without any real details.

Honestly I could vote for Kim and many other Republicans if they offered a real plan instead of the broken record "lower taxes" or "reduce regulations" sound clips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey