Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I think you are all jealous of the GOTTI MEN. they are making money possing for all those magazines, videos, they are having fun, eating well, and going to the best places, and they are getting most of the women! We can put the lip gloss, the wax eyebrows, and fake tanning, and narcissism to the side, but all in all, those are VERY DESIRABLE MEN WHO SMELL GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! and MANY, MANY, women prefer a man to be that way. Look at all the controversy they have started. Many years' ago, a "GUIDO," label was given to Italian men, born in the countryside of Italy, who were more the peon-type, non-americanized, usually, the blue-collar-type, that works with brick, mortar, and metal, and overall is less educated. Not by any means a loser, because they have built the EastCoast, support their families well, and work hard for them, and are good people. It is good to see that this new 2008 label has been given to a more GQ type of man, that looks sophisticate, dresses well, and cares about his body and looks. I am tired of the peon-type-look. My only wish is that they should not curse so much. It detracts from their desireability to women in general.
Excessive use of profanity is just a weak mind trying to express itself. You want a guy with a weak mind? I should introduce you to all my ex-greaser roommates from college, I'm sure you'd have a ball with those guys, but the Gotti girls? Please, those effeminate ladies are a joke to all of us that come from Italian heritage, and make the tri-state look bad ( I travel a lot for my job and the remarks I get are downright scary when they find out I am from North Jersey).

I admire these guys for taking care of their bodies, but you have to understand that most of these meat heads are on roids, have trouble putting a coherent sentence together, and spend their weekends at places such as Seaside and Belmar trying to bang out the skankiest of the skanky chicks (you can dress them up all you want, but those girls are still nasty under those looks).

That was all fun back in the day, but when I see guys over the age of 27 still acting like that, well, it's just sad and pathetic. My shore days are in my rear view mirror. It's time I started to grow up, look for a wife that's not a typical guido lover, and start a family with her.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
That was all fun back in the day, but when I see guys over the age of 27 still acting like that, well, it's just sad and pathetic. My shore days are in my rear view mirror. It's time I started to grow up, look for a wife that's not a typical guido lover, and start a family with her.
Hey now, I'm 27, and still in my bar and shore days!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:54 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post
How ya doing, my friend? Guido is a stereotypical, sometimes derrogatory term for young Italian-Americans(can also be Albanians, Armenians, Greek, Portuguese, Brazilians etc) mostly in the Tri-State area that essentially have good self esteem, take care of their bodies, smell good, spend a lot of time in the gym, dress nicely and are VERY proud of their apperance. We also like to dance(DJ'ais in Belmar is the place to be) and drive a nice ride. Now you may ask, What is wrong with that? NOTHING! Unfortunately, we live in a society where most people have very low self esteem and envy people like us. So, if you want to come down to Belmar this weekend, give me a holler. The water is getting warmer, the girls are coming down, the shore is the place to be.

boy one minute you are saying that you aspire to be like them, now you are saying you are one of them and everyone wants to be like you---

Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I think you are all jealous of the GOTTI MEN. they are making money possing for all those magazines, videos, they are having fun, eating well, and going to the best places, and they are getting most of the women! We can put the lip gloss, the wax eyebrows, and fake tanning, and narcissism to the side, but all in all, those are VERY DESIRABLE MEN WHO SMELL GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! and MANY, MANY, women prefer a man to be that way. Look at all the controversy they have started. Many years' ago, a "GUIDO," label was given to Italian men, born in the countryside of Italy, who were more the peon-type, non-americanized, usually, the blue-collar-type, that works with brick, mortar, and metal, and overall is less educated. Not by any means a loser, because they have built the EastCoast, support their families well, and work hard for them, and are good people. It is good to see that this new 2008 label has been given to a more GQ type of man, that looks sophisticate, dresses well, and cares about his body and looks. I am tired of the peon-type-look. My only wish is that they should not curse so much. It detracts from their desireability to women in general.
i would take the country side hard worker blue color brick and mortar guy any day of the week---oh wait! i did!!
these guys have never lifted a brick in their lives--i personally am not attracted to this nonsense. i think that when guys are naturally in shape, and have natural looking tight muscles --now that is hot!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:04 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Hey now, I'm 27, and still in my bar and shore days!
I smell an intervention in the works

Old 04-24-2008, 11:12 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
I smell an intervention in the works
Well my new favorite bar is in town, and I do like my vacations on the beach in NC, I get to visit my cousin in Leland - thats bars and the shore right?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Pfft - when a man wears more makeup than I do (granted, I wear VERY little [save for special formal occasions]) - then I question who the female in the relationship really is

Old 04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
boy one minute you are saying that you aspire to be like them, now you are saying you are one of them and everyone wants to be like you---
Miracle cream! He threw some on the other night, and BAM (as guido man would say) - he's now infamous and men and women all over swoon over him.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Thumbs up I want to hug you & give you points !!!!!

Quote:
Excessive use of profanity is just a weak mind trying to express itself.

That was all fun back in the day, but when I see guys over the age of 27 still acting like that, well, it's just sad and pathetic. My shore days are in my rear view mirror. { Mine too. And that's just where I want to leave them. I don;t miss them & at times I think about some pretty stupid & dangerous situations I put myself in. } It's time I started to grow up, {KEY WORDS HERE} look for a wife that's not a typical guido lover, and start a family with her.
I could not have said it better myself HobokenGuy Points for you my friend!

IMO:Real Men are husbands & fathers that work for their families. Over time, in the rain and in the snow. Now that's attractive, in my eyes.
The rest of your post was just damn funny !!!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:05 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I keep looking at the title of this thread, and the phrase "fist pumpers" just reminds me of something else these Guidos probably have to do pretty often after a night of tryin' to pick up Guidettes- especially when you go to some of their favorite hangouts and it's like 5 guys to 1 girl.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey