Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:42 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
you shouldn't get a gun. You need to do yoga or therapy.
and have someone drive the car for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 09:49 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Why are you buying a gun? I can't stand people who own guns. Stop putting communities and schools at risk! Save children's lives! I have no support for guns! Every time I check the news, he or she shot someone! Boohoo!
I've got a couple of guns at home, who says I can't own guns? I just happened to submitted new gun licenses recently before the protest began. I didn't buy them because of the protest, it just so happened I ordered guns online a week ago and was shipped to my nearby gunstore for pickup.

I do have a M&P15 rifle which is similar to AR15 good for scaring people if they dare to try to break my door down. Many boxes of rounds so if we do get into anarchy I'm ready to defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
What are NJ's gun laws?

I know about the concealed carry process, and I know that you can't open carry, but what about the homeowner who wants to keep his/her pistol at home, and for use at the range?
If you need a gun in NJ, the process is long but straightforward. Fill out the Firearms license form and go through the automated background checks. You will need to get fingerprinted and pay the fees like $50 or so I think. Then buy gun licenses for each handgun you want to buy and you can only buy 1 handgun a month which is pretty damn annoying. Reason why I bought another pistol because I had waited a month to pick it up.

As for people's comment about AR15 shooting through walls. Pretty much any firearm will do that other than shotgun rounds. I got a nice shotgun at home too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Can I ask what you got?
Picked up a Sig P365 RomeoZero with red dot sight, nice little pocket handgun. If I ever get a conceal permit, this is a good little gun to conceal and carry. Wifey likes it too.

Last edited by vision33r; 06-01-2020 at 10:03 AM..

Old 06-01-2020, 02:29 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous-boy View Post
+1. L.o.l.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:06 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Why are you buying a gun? I can't stand people who own guns. Stop putting communities and schools at risk! Save children's lives! I have no support for guns! Every time I check the news, he or she shot someone! Boohoo!
You can't stand me?

Old 06-01-2020, 05:12 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,655,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now Justice 81 View Post
You can definitely keep the gun in YOUR house, as long as it's your gun and it's in your residence, the pistol can be kept there, of course you'll need the permit card to purchase ammo for the pistol, no problem though. The messy issues come when and if you need to use that piece at home...
Thanks for the reply.

You need a permit to purchase ammo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you need a gun in NJ, the process is long but straightforward. Fill out the Firearms license form and go through the automated background checks. You will need to get fingerprinted and pay the fees like $50 or so I think. Then buy gun licenses for each handgun you want to buy and you can only buy 1 handgun a month which is pretty damn annoying. Reason why I bought another pistol because I had waited a month to pick it up.
Thanks for the reply

Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
You white people with guns are the ones allowing police brutality and/or the ones who get away with everything and why we colored people are the ones afraid of you guys. Owning guns is only encouraging more riots and looting.

*Chants "Black Lives Matter!" with my fellow protestors.*

Old 06-01-2020, 09:36 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Quote:
You white people with guns are the ones allowing police brutality and/or the ones who get away with everything and why we colored people are the ones afraid of you guys. Owning guns is only encouraging more riots and looting.

You white people? Racist! You're not even black.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:49 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:

At the gun store, it was actually pretty even black and white buyers. I've seen 2 different black women shopping for guns. It's necessary home protection if you live in black neighborhoods where home invasions are higher rates.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You white people? Racist! You're not even black.
I am Indian. We have been discriminated by police as Indians too (well not me since I was not born), because when my parents first moved into our neighborhood in 1993 when my mom married my dad, we did not receive an envelope to donate to our town fire department, and because we did not donate, the police knocked down our mailbox for no reason. No white person had their mailbox knocked down. My mom and dad were the first minorities in our town. These were obviously the days when the creation of suburban NJ became fully suburbanized (our development was new at that time and a farmer recently sold his land where our development is).

ALL LIVES MATTER!

Old 06-01-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
At the gun store, it was actually pretty even black and white buyers. I've seen 2 different black women shopping for guns. It's necessary home protection if you live in black neighborhoods where home invasions are higher rates.
Wow black women protecting themselves from their own people who are looters. Ye see, looters and these destructive rioters are "thugs" as Trump says (I agree with him on that) and thugs only make up a small amount of the population, so I guess these black women protecting themselves are rather peaceful blacks rather than the rioters who destroyed communities. Most of these rioters (of every ethnicity that rioted) were probably just regular high school jocks who originally displayed destructive behaviors back in high school. They are just repeating their childhood from whenever they got suspended or expelled from school and they feel that they can use the protesting as an excuse to act like they are in high school again (the rioters are young adults).

Last edited by moshywilly; 06-01-2020 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: