Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:24 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Does New Jersey still disallow owning a gun with a bayonet lug? That always made me laugh when I had a gun built to meet New Jersey specs. Kept trying to picture a rash of drive-by bayonetings, LOL
It could happen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26959628
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Aren’t AR-15’s illegal in NJ?

I went through the application process for a handgun permit and was approved. I got a call from the police department saying they would be sending the permit by mail. That was 3 weeks ago and I still have not received anything.
of course not. there are limits like capacity and certain features but you can buy AR15's in NJ (and you should!)

Old 06-04-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think only 30 rounds mags are. doubtful that anyone turned them in.
im not sure when 30 mags became illegal but it wasnt legal prior to the most recent reduction to 10. so many people have 15 round mags or maybe they threw them in the garbage or lost them in a boating accident.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:21 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im not sure when 30 mags became illegal but it wasnt legal prior to the most recent reduction to 10. so many people have 15 round mags or maybe they threw them in the garbage or lost them in a boating accident.
You can drive over to PA to get 25rd mags all day. I have 2 10 round mags that I taped up and takes me less than 2 secs to swap. So having the 10 round limit doesn't mean much except a nuisance. If a criminal wants to kill people, having an 50 round extended mag is easier to get as well as other deadlier weapons. We keep seeing mass shooters get high powered guns in states with very strict gun control. In a gun battle only an idiot would try to spray bullets and waste all that ammo.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
just get a barret

Old 06-04-2020, 12:15 PM

522 posts, read 992,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All because the people had no guns and no weapons to fight off the government.
Seriously ? You think you & a band of ppl with their rifles will be able to fight off the American Army & Air Force with their tanks, fighter planes & nuclear weapons?

Old 06-04-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Seriously ? You think you & a band of ppl with their rifles will be able to fight off the American Army & Air Force with their tanks, fighter planes & nuclear weapons?
just talk to vietnamese farmers and the taliban. the US military is pathetic. they are only good at losing and murdering innocent people.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:18 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
just talk to vietnamese farmers and the taliban. the US military is pathetic. they are only good at losing and murdering innocent people.

the nation was not united in vietnam. Plus, the US did not invade north vietnam and the US had few allies.

Bush 2 messed up on afghanistan. Dropped the ball and went into iraq. The goal was to get Osama. People also forget that the military is not there to nation build but to fight. Its been that way since reconstruction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/07/n...y-taliban.html

Also, Captain, I think you are wrong that the US military is pathetic. The security the military provides gives us access to trade and wealth. If there was no US military, you're joke of "a libertarian lifestyle" would crushed under the boot of the People's liberation army or Putin's Cossaks. Just look at Hong Kong.

Also, Trump is wrong to use active duty troops against protestors and tear gassing peaceful ones just for a third world photo op.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
the nation was not united in vietnam. Plus, the US did not invade north vietnam and the US had few allies.

Bush 2 messed up on afghanistan. Dropped the ball and went into iraq. The goal was to get Osama. People also forget that the military is not there to nation build but to fight. Its been that way since reconstruction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/07/n...y-taliban.html

Also, Captain, I think you are wrong that the US military is pathetic. The security the military provides gives us access to trade and wealth. If there was no US military, you're joke of "a libertarian lifestyle" would crushed under the boot of the People's liberation army or Putin's Cossaks. Just look at Hong Kong.

Also, Trump is wrong to use active duty troops against protestors and tear gassing peaceful ones just for a third world photo op.
i really dont care what the excuses are. the military is part of the government so its convenient to blame the government but its all one thing. the taliban will end up ruling afghanistan once again, the government established by the US in iraq has failed to maintain the peace and will likely fail to govern the north for the long term, the US failed in syria, it just is nothing good for anybody when the US military gets involved.

i think its great to have a strong military to protect the nation. the problem is that the US military has traveled around the world destroying countries and mass murdering innocent people. history will look back at the present day US as very similar to other genocidal regimes of russia, china, nazi germany, etc.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:31 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Why would the military use planes and weapons on their own people and land. Doesn't make any sense, the army also have family here. A nuke today would make the land uninhabitable for 500 years+

There are less than 2 million active and non-active servicemen in the US military. It's not enough to fight off 330 million citizens. And there are said 50million+ registered gun owners in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: