Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 02:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
States Rights and reducing the power of the Federal Government are a cornerstone of conservative thinking, until there is an issue that needs fixing, then States Rights do not matter.
the concept of "states rights" is absolutely idiotic and you are correct in that it is generally used only when convenient for conservatives.

individual rights is the only thing that matter. my rights are the same no matter where on earth i am. its just a matter if government respects our rights or not.

when it comes to gun rights, the government has no right to regulate firearms. they are the biggest threat there is and people should be able to own weapons sufficient to defeat the government's military in battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 03:06 PM

275 posts, read 214,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
A lot of folks were just desperate to get anything but you can't just buy a gun the same day without going through a background check. This guy next to me had an envelope with cash probably a thousand dollars. He has no clue what to buy but I guess with the riots happening he probably wanted to protect his business or home. But Friday was definitely a very busy day compared to Fridays in the past at this gun store.
Good! They wanted gun control.......they got it! If looters come into their homes, they can always put their hands together to form the heart shape and chant "We love you" while handing out a jar of good 'ol KY jelly.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:31 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I thought technically you can only do this if you're going to a range.
I'm not sure of any exclusions, but you can take your NJ gun to PA to shoot at a range, hunt, have it repaired, and probably quite a few other things. PA seems primarily concerned with legal ownership.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:52 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgochamp View Post
Thanks for the replies. I messed up on my original reply. I meant if someone lives in PA, can they drive into NJ with their gun?
Yes, as long as you are in compliance with their laws.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:58 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
The supreme court was supposed to hear and rule on gun laws this year that would impose a federal gun law across all 50 states instead of so many state imposed restrictions such as open carry, transporting, and bans on certain guns. Right now if you are a gun owner in certain states transporting your gun you had better read up on the gun laws of each state or risk being arrested if you were pulled over. I read there was a mother of 2 from PA, driving through NJ and was pulled over for traffic issue but was arrested for having a legal PA handgun in the glove compartment. Perfectly legal in PA but not in NJ. I think Gov. Christie pardoned her already after being in jail for a month or so. It's just ridiculous that states with strict gun laws have cities that have the most gun violence. Those laws did nothing to deter illegal firearms.

I would leave open carry up to the state. They do need to standardize transporting along federal lines. A gun owner should be read up on different state laws. A gun is no joke. Some people are just too lax about them. The gun was built for one purpose and that is to kill. A gun owner should extremely restrained and level headed.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:26 AM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Went to the nearby gunstore on Friday 5/29 and it was a long line to get in. I probably waited 25mins to get in and pick up my ammunition and new handgun. I was surprised to see novices that I never seen before show up and couldn't buy a handgun because they were sold out and ended up picking up an AR-15 instead. A lot of folks were just desperate to get anything but you can't just buy a gun the same day without going through a background check. This guy next to me had an envelope with cash probably a thousand dollars. He has no clue what to buy but I guess with the riots happening he probably wanted to protect his business or home. But Friday was definitely a very busy day compared to Fridays in the past at this gun store.

Last edited by Threestep2; 06-07-2020 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: .........

Old 06-07-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I would leave open carry up to the state. They do need to standardize transporting along federal lines. A gun owner should be read up on different state laws. A gun is no joke. Some people are just too lax about them. The gun was built for one purpose and that is to kill. A gun owner should extremely restrained and level headed.
because tyranny is totally cool when its the state and not the federal government

Old 06-08-2020, 06:45 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
If Murphy or towns cater to the police defunding trend. I want open carry and NJ gun laws completely repealed. If the police no longer serves the public, who's gonna protect the people from criminals. I can't wait for Minnesota to completely disband the Police and do the experiment for all of us. I'll be happy to support it and demand my property taxes drop by 25%.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:19 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
because tyranny is totally cool when its the state and not the federal government

no. its mostly about population density

If you're going to talk about tyranny:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/more-a...ng-to-use-guns

I'm pretty sure the GOP will start talking about gun control now. THey won't stand for black version of white militias. It happened during the black panther era and I think the 80s with reagan.

Quote:
If Murphy or towns cater to the police defunding trend. I want open carry and NJ gun laws completely repealed. If the police no longer serves the public, who's gonna protect the people from criminals. I can't wait for Minnesota to completely disband the Police and do the experiment for all of us. I'll be happy to support it and demand my property taxes drop by 25%.

Police are not there to protect you:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/489/189

Old 06-09-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
no. its mostly about population density

If you're going to talk about tyranny:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/more-a...ng-to-use-guns

I'm pretty sure the GOP will start talking about gun control now. THey won't stand for black version of white militias. It happened during the black panther era and I think the 80s with reagan.
i go to more libertarian places online and i only see cheering for blacks getting more guns. i figure in this case a rising tide lifts all boats. the more people who have guns, the more people will support the 2nd amendment for everybody. that also leads to people being able to defend themselves and each other and not needing a bunch of nazi brownshirts "just doing their jobs."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: