Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
When it clicks off, you still have more room in your tank. You're using what you're paying for.
Actually your not. They did a study that the gas you 'top' off your tank with gets burned off so quickly; it is wasted $$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Actually your not. They did a study that the gas you 'top' off your tank with gets burned off so quickly; it is wasted $$
Actually, it only effects cars that have emission systems that re-burn vapors, due to decreased potential for expansion.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I am just in favor of freedom of choice, the same way as when there is self serve in a supermarket. You want full service, you go to a line with a cashier. It's your choice.
but the reality has become that self serve stations don't save any consumer money and when you can find a full serve station they usually charge a 30-50 cent a gallon surcharge for service. NJ has cheap gas and they pump it for you, you can't beat it

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Actually, it only effects cars that have emission systems that re-burn vapors, due to decreased potential for expansion.

Details, details!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
Is it legal for a gas station attendant to round up your gas purchase? Like once the gas stops pumping and its full. I tell him to fill the tank so that means when it stops pumping,its full.I dont give him permission to charge me for more gas.I dont want more gas.With gas being the price it is these days.
awwwwwwww jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz....of all the ......... There are far more important things to worry about then this.....no matter how much gas he puts in, you are using it.....if it ain't going on the ground it aint wasted..............

Old 04-30-2008, 11:31 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
bullcracky.......your engine does NOT change it's MPG selectively depending .... the fuel pickup does not move around.......

Old 04-30-2008, 11:34 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
bullcracky.......youre engine does NOT change it's MPG selectively depending .... the fuel pickup does not move around.......
For emission systems that re-burn, it does effect your mpg, due to decreased expansion of the gas more vapor is used in the re-burn than before, which effectively reduces by a hair. If you have one of those emission systems. If.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I have a solution: PUMP YOUR OWN! Get rid of the NJ full serve anachronism law.
First, I apologize for ranting off topic, but some of the replies got me thinking...

I wish they would let out of stater's pump their own gas. Believe it or not, many people do have a working knowledge of the highly technical fuel delivery systems at the local filling station. But Nooooooo (Belushi voice), NJ forces me to have some pump jockey (more often than not) slam that nozzle into my vehicle (half the time hitting the paint job) and then whisking it out afterward leaving a nice spray of raw fuel on the car as well. I always stop in Delaware to top off the tank before I reach NJ. Then if I have to fill up in NJ, I ask my friends to tell me which gas stations turn a blind eye to pump your own customers. They'll get my business.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:03 PM

109 posts, read 345,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
First, I apologize for ranting off topic, but some of the replies got me thinking...

I wish they would let out of stater's pump their own gas. Believe it or not, many people do have a working knowledge of the highly technical fuel delivery systems at the local filling station. But Nooooooo (Belushi voice), NJ forces me to have some pump jockey (more often than not) slam that nozzle into my vehicle (half the time hitting the paint job) and then whisking it out afterward leaving a nice spray of raw fuel on the car as well. I always stop in Delaware to top off the tank before I reach NJ. Then if I have to fill up in NJ, I ask my friends to tell me which gas stations turn a blind eye to pump your own customers. They'll get my business.
forget it, people would revolt :lol:

Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
bullcracky.......your engine does NOT change it's MPG selectively depending .... the fuel pickup does not move around.......

What CuCullin said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: