Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 01:56 PM

494 posts, read 370,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAshley View Post
What day did you go?
https://patersontimes.com/2021/01/16...o-close-again/

You most likely can still pass the virus onto others.
I went the the 1st week of Jan

a very small line 10 a.m. on a weekday.

line, vaccine shot, and 15 mins waiting on the side post vaccination all took 45 mins.

I think they may be holding doses back because many of us are getting ready for our 2nd dose same location soon.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:23 AM

332 posts, read 174,092 times
The vaccine rollout is still a complete failure by the MURPHY regime. 1/3 of the doses have been used yet it is still the blame game. Why did Murphy not call for the NJ National Guard. He is in charge and just goes from site to site taking photoshoots. It is easy to blame the Federal Government while Murphy is forever slow. A month after getting initial vaccines, Murphy has made barnstorming campaign stops while NJ ranks last in the Northeast and near the bottom of all states on actual vaccines going into peoples arms. Now Murphy just plays the blame game and says NJ needs more more. Meanwhile for every 3 vaccines NJ receives, 2 are just sitting there. More years with Murphy will keep setting this state backwards.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If anyone is near South Jersey, they are supposed to open a new mega site at the Atlantic City convention Center this coming Friday, so it’s probably easier to get into that one because they haven’t taken any appointments yet. But if you saw my last post, I can confirm that if you register on the state website, they do email you with a link to make an appointment.
Great another productive photoshoot for Murphy.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I registered for the vaccine on the NJ site and got the basic answer that some day in the distant future I will be eligible. Thinking next year. Maybe. We'll see, I guess.

I realize there are people who need it more than I do.
See, you know these factors they determine who should or shouldn't is completely stupid. Because sure you are protecting the weak and vulnerable but they're not flattening the curve because the ones that are spreading covid will likely be the last people who will be eligible to get the vaccine.

This is a strategic failure in planning. If I were giving the vaccine out, I would setup a mobile station somewhere like in Newport and Newark Penn Station and get people who go to work there and pull people in and ask them to get vaccinated because those who commute daily are most at risk for spreading.

If you don't stop the spreaders, you can't stop covid. The virus travels faster and spreads quicker than you can vaccinate under the current guidelines.

This is where government still won't listen to science. Any college intern can run a viral model and determine who should be getting the vaccine 1st in order to flatten the curve and it's not your grandparents. We keep trying to save the weak while the virus keeps killing people because the spreaders aren't being vaccinated or following protocols.

How many times, I walk at a store I see lots of folks with a 1/2 worn mask on the chin. Walking around seeing people sporting scarfs instead of masks. These are the folks that are your spreaders.

Last edited by vision33r; 01-19-2021 at 06:59 AM..

Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 AM

612 posts, read 1,011,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
The vaccine rollout is still a complete failure by the MURPHY regime. 1/3 of the doses have been used yet it is still the blame game. Why did Murphy not call for the NJ National Guard. He is in charge and just goes from site to site taking photoshoots. It is easy to blame the Federal Government while Murphy is forever slow. A month after getting initial vaccines, Murphy has made barnstorming campaign stops while NJ ranks last in the Northeast and near the bottom of all states on actual vaccines going into peoples arms. Now Murphy just plays the blame game and says NJ needs more more. Meanwhile for every 3 vaccines NJ receives, 2 are just sitting there. More years with Murphy will keep setting this state backwards.
The federal government delivered. They even gave the states well advanced notice to have distribution sites and plans in place by the end of November. At the time of this message, most states just ignored this. Our state only put a website to register up two weeks ago. This should have been done in October. And I looked at their form, it would have taken me a few hours to program, and that's not even my job.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
The federal government delivered. They even gave the states well advanced notice to have distribution sites and plans in place by the end of November. At the time of this message, most states just ignored this. Our state only put a website to register up two weeks ago. This should have been done in October. And I looked at their form, it would have taken me a few hours to program, and that's not even my job.
Good post. Yes it is another complete failure by Murphy.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:15 AM

98 posts, read 175,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I went the the 1st week of Jan

a very small line 10 a.m. on a weekday.

line, vaccine shot, and 15 mins waiting on the side post vaccination all took 45 mins.

I think they may be holding doses back because many of us are getting ready for our 2nd dose same location soon.
Now that Paterson's walkins are more publicized with yesterday's NJ.com article, I wonder how much worse the line might become now and if even standing in line at 5am when it opens at 9:30 would be enough.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:15 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Here's the latest on where we are right now.

https://www.njspotlight.com/2021/01/...up-new-jersey/

Old 01-19-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Here's the latest on where we are right now.

https://www.njspotlight.com/2021/01/...up-new-jersey/
Dumb article blaming the feds. The issue is the states are not using over 60 percent of what they have. Why should states get more if they just let them sit.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:44 AM

98 posts, read 175,256 times
I get very upset reading articles from different states (not just NJ) about how doses are being thrown away if extra ones become availables due to no shows/other reasons. I read an article yesterday that cant find now but about a hospital in Minnesota that unilaterally decided to give leftover doses to families of hospital employees and got backlash for it due to which now the management of the hospital thinks its again better to discard those.

We should all take Israel's lead where under such a scenario leftover doses that would go to waste is given to any random person who happens to be in the area such as a janitor, a pizza delivery person, a person who brought their elderly parents for vaccine, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey