Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 09:38 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

I just made a thread in the Philly section, will quote it here for anyone local that's looking for the vaccine. Rowan has their own sign up site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Rowan Medicine has their own vaccine sign up site, they sent me the link through their patient portal but it looks like it's the for public too. You have to be over 18, have not had any vaccine in the last 14 days and in the 1A category. They're vaccinating Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. Here is the website. I've been seeing posts on other sites that people are having major issues with the NJ vaccine site so figured I'd post for people looking to register somewhere.

I'm reading that people should not take Tylenol or Motrin before getting the vaccine and wait until you see if you need it before taking it. Some people take it before because most vaccines have side effects.

ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS IN CATEGORY 1A

- Any person who works in a health care setting who has the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials, law enforcement and fire personnel
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Persons aged 18 to 64 years old, who have at least one of the following chronic medical conditions that poses high-risk for severe COVID-19:
Cancer
Chronic kidney disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Down syndrome
Heart conditions (including heart failure, coronary artery disease, and cardiomyopathy)
Obesity (BMI greater than 30)
Sickle cell disease
Type-2 diabetes
Smoking
Immunocompromised due to organ transplant (talk to your doctor)
Pregnancy (talk to your doctor)

Old 02-05-2021, 12:29 PM

332 posts, read 174,065 times
2 days with no vaccines this week yet the state is reporting highs in vaccines. This is a little hard to believe now. Politics or truth or false reporting or is this real?

“They are not only growing, but the rate of growth is picking up steam,” Murphy said. “In the past week, the number of initial doses has increased by more than 135,400. That’s a 22% increase.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:10 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Yeah, well, it's CNN. They're selling fear. I ate in an indoor restaurant today despite being unvaccinated, and I fully expect to survive the experience. I've also traveled, never wear a mask except when required, and gone into NYC on NJ Transit. But then I've also jumped out of an airplane...
Have you jumped out of an airplane more than once?

Old 02-05-2021, 01:10 PM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Yeah, well, it's CNN. They're selling fear. I ate in an indoor restaurant today despite being unvaccinated, and I fully expect to survive the experience. I've also traveled, never wear a mask except when required, and gone into NYC on NJ Transit. But then I've also jumped out of an airplane...
It’s not just CNN and the article is not selling fear. It’s a question and answer piece with experts. The advice from the beginning has been that you still need to wear a mask and take precautions even after vaccination because we still don’t know if vaccinated people can be carriers. There is nothing in that article that should make anyone feel afraid.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:27 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because they don’t know yet if you can still be a carrier. So we really need more people protected by the vaccine before we can really relax.
+1

This helps to explain it for those who are slow learners:
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/...-i-do-now.html

Old 02-05-2021, 08:32 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Have you jumped out of an airplane more than once?
Not yet.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:34 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
“They are not only growing, but the rate of growth is picking up steam,” Murphy said. “In the past week, the number of initial doses has increased by more than 135,400. That’s a 22% increase.
They did vaccine on Sunday in Essex County at least. Also it may be the reporting is delayed and the gap won't show up until next week's numbers.

Old 02-06-2021, 08:08 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Our new infection numbers and hospitalizations are really starting to drop. The vaccine appears to be getting into gear. Very good news. Can’t wait to get rid of these nasty masks.
I saw yesterday that NJ dropped the 10 a.m. closing rule and upped indoor dining capacity a bit to 35%. That's a positive sign. Hoping the trend continues.

I see the courts are still closed. I'm doing a tax appeal on my late mother's house, and it looked like the Bergen County Board of Taxation would only accept hard copies with an original signature, which is not really possible for me to do right now. I went on the website to check further, and it turns out they are ONLY accepting online applications, so that worked out.

The website said the offices are only open to essential workers. I'm guessing this situation is statewide.

Anyway, hope those numbers keep going down.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I saw yesterday that NJ dropped the 10 a.m. closing rule and upped indoor dining capacity a bit to 35%. That's a positive sign. Hoping the trend continues.

I see the courts are still closed. I'm doing a tax appeal on my late mother's house, and it looked like the Bergen County Board of Taxation would only accept hard copies with an original signature, which is not really possible for me to do right now. I went on the website to check further, and it turns out they are ONLY accepting online applications, so that worked out.

The website said the offices are only open to essential workers. I'm guessing this situation is statewide.

Anyway, hope those numbers keep going down.
i thought that the 10pm rule was already dropped. we have been out to dinner a few times past 10pm lately and people werent kicked out.

this is going to be a pretty busy weekend for us. lots of superspreader events.

Old 02-06-2021, 03:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
just had my daughters superspreader birthday event. lets hope that nobody gets ronafied soon after this party.

its interesting to see how happy people are when they get together now, especially the kids. they have been locked down with limited opportunity to have fun with each other. some unusual levels of gratitude were shown by some of the kids. its nice to see them having so much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey