Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 01:26 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalman1 View Post
So your waiting for an email from these 3 places you registered at whenever it comes to have you automatically scheduled? There are numerous sites that are periodically opening up new appointments that can be grabbed by anyone qualified at specific times, such as this one at Atlantic City that opens up new appointments several times a week listed here:

https://www.atlanticare.org/patients...on-information

It is a race on who can click and schedule quickly enough at such places but is the way many of us have managed to secure appointments by being proactive.
I don't live anywhere near Atlantic City. Seems like those in South Jersey have had more luck. Meh. I don't have time to spend all day foraging for appointments. As I've said ad nauseum, I'm in no hurry.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:32 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You know why so many old people are getting covid? Because they need younger people to assist them. So instead of focusing on vaccinating elderly people. They should vaccinate the workers 1st to prevent them from infecting all these elderly people. We are vaccinating the wrong people 1st, the workers such as delivery people, nurses, door man, or security guard they are the virus spreaders. By not vaccinating elderly people, the optics becomes bad that we aren't caring for the elderly. But it's the right thing to do for society by vaccinating the people who are more likely to spread the disease than those that are less active.
All health care workers are in the first group along with the elderly, not behind them. I believe all nursing home workers were also in the first group regardless of position. Same with hospitals. If the elderly are vaccinated it doesn't matter so.much if the delivery guy is. All deliveries seem to be no contact now anyway whether food or UPS, etc.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I don't live anywhere near Atlantic City. Seems like those in South Jersey have had more luck. Meh. I don't have time to spend all day foraging for appointments. As I've said ad nauseum, I'm in no hurry.
It doesn't surprise me that it might be easier down here as there are less people down here. My appt was at Rowan SJ mega site while most of my family who all live near me, and my fiance are using or did use AC Convention Center. Its not as big a deal to travel to whichever one has openings down here at least in the winter.

I was indeed very proactive, in fact when I was concerned about getting my second shot after the original Rowan debacle came out, I wss on the horn to the county Health Dept, my Congressman and anyone else I could think of. I would liken the whole thing to trying to get concert tix to a very popular show, it takes persistence.

Although a lot were able to get shots via walk up lines before the snow and subsequent need to reschedule thousands of peop!e stopped that at most of the sites at least temporarily. That would have been an option had I not been able to get an appointment. There are no shows all the time, in fact I was one myself at Moorestown Mall as I found when I tried to cancel that appointment that there is no way to do so.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:10 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Family in New York is reporting to me that all sorts of scummy people are simply lying to get the vaccine, and are not being vetted at all. People claiming to be morbidly obese on the application, then showing up at 140 lbs and nobody saying anything. They are not turned away. They simply get the vaccine. Lying pays. Once again, you people trust the State to administer health care, instead of the free market. And you wander about in an incredulous stupor that it doesn’t work. And then you’ll elect some AOC or Kamala Harris who will institute single payer or some other public health care corruption. I am ashamed that I live in a country where the typical citizen can’t think their way out of a paper bag and will give away all our liberties to get free dentures or adult diapers that never arrive. Disgracia!

Old 02-18-2021, 04:48 PM

332 posts, read 174,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Family in New York is reporting to me that all sorts of scummy people are simply lying to get the vaccine, and are not being vetted at all.
are you expecting the vaccinators to also be judge and jury.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:18 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
are you expecting the vaccinators to also be judge and jury.
Yes. If you’re going to have rules, they need enforcement. With guns and jail sentences.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Family in New York is reporting to me that all sorts of scummy people are simply lying to get the vaccine, and are not being vetted at all. People claiming to be morbidly obese on the application, then showing up at 140 lbs and nobody saying anything. They are not turned away. They simply get the vaccine. Lying pays. Once again, you people trust the State to administer health care, instead of the free market. And you wander about in an incredulous stupor that it doesn’t work. And then you’ll elect some AOC or Kamala Harris who will institute single payer or some other public health care corruption. I am ashamed that I live in a country where the typical citizen can’t think their way out of a paper bag and will give away all our liberties to get free dentures or adult diapers that never arrive. Disgracia!
It would take forever to vet everyone. I can't speak for NY, but for NJ there isn't any box asking what you weigh. There is a list of high risk conditions such as heart disease, COPD, nicotine addiction, liver disease, Diabetes, etc. You check a box next to what you have. There are similar questions for vocation. How do you prove if you're a smoker or not? How do you prove if you're a private caregiver to an elderly person?

At the mega sites, it is National Guard running the show. They are doing about 3,000 daily each at each mega site. There were several hundred people in front of me when I went for my second shot. I can't even imagine the chaos if the guardsmen had to vet everyone, check whether doctor's letters were real or not, etc. Despite the number of people ahead of me we were kept moving and it didn't take long to get all those people done. Vetting would probably halve the number that is currently being done. If the goal is to jab as many arms as possible in the shortest time frame, then we are on the right track for that.

The private sites are much worse. They say CVS and the other private pharmacies giving them are going back and forth between filling prescriptions and giving shots, and that people are there for hours. Yet they do a tiny fraction of what the mega sites are doing. Pharmacy techs are supposed to vet medical conditions and add to that time? They'd end up doing a couple of dozen a day at most. I can just see the arguments now. My mom's ALF as well as every other ALF and nursing home in NJ was a month late in giving the shots because CVS was a month late in getting the consent forms out to them. So no, private business is not the end all be all answer. They aren't doing anywhere near the volume of the state sites.

What do you mean the diapers don't arrive? My mom gets them monthly through Medicaid. I'm not aware of free dentures.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-18-2021 at 05:49 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 05:43 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
What on earth constitutes a "scummy person?" Needs a bath? At the end of the day, we want everyone to get vaccinated and as ocnjgirl stated, there's no way to both vet people and jab people efficiently. Today's stats are pretty good, bad weather notwithstanding. Tonight's email.

"At the start of the day, a total of 1,524,402 vaccines had been administered in New Jersey, including 1,086,763 first doses and 436,988 of the final shot in the two-dose regimen for both approved vaccines.
The total number of doses reported by the state was up more than 53,000 over the previous day, when nearly 60,000 doses were administered."

People need to take a break and go look at the pictures of Mars. Beam me up, Scottie.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:45 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,842,197 times
Quote:
Yes. If you’re going to have rules, they need enforcement. With guns and jail sentences.
The whole thing is nonsense, really.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
That's insane, sounds like something Russia would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey