Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 09:07 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Traffic was heavy, shocked for a Saturday. My appointment was for 10:15. I am still on line. There are thousands of people here.

It is well-organized though.

My sister has worsened. She was moved to icu and intubated yesterday.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:13 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Traffic was heavy, shocked for a Saturday. My appointment was for 10:15. I am still on line. There are thousands of people here.

It is well-organized though.

My sister has worsened. She was moved to icu and intubated yesterday.
I am so sorry about your sister. Many recover after being intubated. Hope she’s on the mend soon.

I went on a Wednesday so it was virtually empty. Hope you get in and out soon.

Old 03-27-2021, 01:52 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times
I'm not getting the vaccine.

Old 03-27-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I am so sorry about your sister. Many recover after being intubated. Hope she’s on the mend soon.

I went on a Wednesday so it was virtually empty. Hope you get in and out soon.
I was there about an hour and fifteen minutes from arrival to departure. Many of the people on the line with me seemed to be there for shot No. 2. It was very well organized and efficient, and I told that to the EMS guy in the "recovery" room afterward, and he laughed and said, "It is NOW. Wasn't at first."

Thanks for your hopes for my sister. It is very much a waiting game right now. She is younger than I am and generally very strong, but her lungs are badly infected with the COVID pneumonia.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:11 PM

Also, today I learned that it is pronounced "Glawster".

Old 03-27-2021, 07:52 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
People who grew up in New England, knew that .

Old 03-27-2021, 11:13 PM

People who grew up in Bergen County had no idea such a place existed in NJ, let alone how to say it.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:14 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
People who grew up in New England, knew that .
+1
I didn't grow up in New England, but I was aware of that pronunciation. Just watching the old TV commercials for frozen fish products from "The Gloucester Fisherman" was instructive.

Quote:
People who grew up in Bergen County had no idea such a place existed in NJ, let alone how to say it.
I used to work with a woman who insisted that it is pronounced as "Glow-Chester". However, that wasn't too surprising in light of the fact that she mispronounced so many words. She used to talk about her daughter's "pizz-or-ah-sis". To everyone else, that was Psoriasis.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:18 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
I was there about an hour and fifteen minutes from arrival to departure. Many of the people on the line with me seemed to be there for shot No. 2. It was very well organized and efficient, and I told that to the EMS guy in the "recovery" room afterward, and he laughed and said, "It is NOW. Wasn't at first."

Thanks for your hopes for my sister. It is very much a waiting game right now. She is younger than I am and generally very strong, but her lungs are badly infected with the COVID pneumonia.

Here I thought traffic wouldn't be bad because it was the weekend. I'm surprised you got out of there that quick for the place being packed.

So sorry to hear about your sister. Do you know what kind of treatment they've given her? I've read about all these amazing things they can do these days that cure it pretty fast. Pretty sure you said she's at one of the best hospitals up there, the old St Barnabus. Robert Wood is a great hospital. I wonder if she would be better there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
I didn't grow up in New England, but I was aware of that pronunciation. Just watching the old TV commercials for frozen fish products from "The Gloucester Fisherman" was instructive.

I used to work with a woman who insisted that it is pronounced as "Glow-Chester". However, that wasn't too surprising in light of the fact that she mispronounced so many words. She used to talk about her daughter's "pizz-or-ah-sis". To everyone else, that was Psoriasis.

My big peeve is people who mispronounce mine and mien. I have one friend that does it and one day I'm going to call her out on it but I doubt she'll change at 65.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Here I thought traffic wouldn't be bad because it was the weekend. I'm surprised you got out of there that quick for the place being packed.

So sorry to hear about your sister. Do you know what kind of treatment they've given her? I've read about all these amazing things they can do these days that cure it pretty fast. Pretty sure you said she's at one of the best hospitals up there, the old St Barnabus. Robert Wood is a great hospital. I wonder if she would be better there?

<snip>
She is in Newton in Sussex County. What are you talking about moving her to another hospital? I doubt any medical professional would think it is a good idea to truck a patient on a ventilator to another hospital, let alone one 50 miles away.

Treatment besides the forced oxygen is steroids, antibiotics, blood thinners given through a shunt in her neck. She is also on a feeding tube to give her nutrients. Maybe other drugs. I don't know. We only know what her husband tells us the doctors tell him, and he is home sick with COVID himself, so we don't want to bug him too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey