Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 08:02 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The flip side of that is something I first observed in the 2009 pandemic. One week, people were getting into fist fights over who could get the vaccine, and there was even a shipment that was stolen. It was only three weeks later people had lost interest and they couldn't give the stuff way.

A similar thing is happening today. In Dec-Feb, while the infection rate was high, no one had to tell anyone with any intelligence, it was important to be careful and the vaccine would be important. Then the number of cases began to drop, and people began to get complacent. Rhetoric began to ramp up, especially coming from those who want to keep us scared, but most intelligent people know that the danger is way less than it was two months ago, and they aren't buying it.

So the next step is to dangle a bunch of carrots and also to apply the stick, to push people to get the vaccine. The mere fact they are trying so hard tells me, they know the danger level is going away, and they don't want to lose the control they have had over people's lives.

It isn't simple. There are three kinds of immunity: natural immunity, T-Killer-Cells, and antibodies.

Natural immunity is something I have been observing and discussing, since last spring, but those "in charge" seem to forbid talking about it. Recently, they have been discussing that half of us have natural immunity, but my most recent estimate is that it is just over 75%.

T-Killer-Cells is something of a nick name but if you look up those words, you will find a lot of discussion about them.

Antibodies are things that attach to the virus to disable it. This is the only part of the system we can measure, so that is what makes all the news. We know the others are there, but since we can't measure them, no one wants to talk about them.

(BTW, as a country, the US is about 74% of the way to herd immunity.)

Now it's about getting all the vaccine that was made into arms because they can't waste it

Old 05-27-2021, 08:20 AM

9,007 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Now it's about getting all the vaccine that was made into arms because they can't waste it
I would send it overseas. It isn't really a bad vaccine, and there are places that need it a lot more than we do.

Old 05-28-2021, 02:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
went to the menlo park mall today. no mask requirements in mall common areas or department stores. most stores required masks. something like 10% of people were walking around without masks.

Old 05-28-2021, 02:42 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
I'm off to ShopRite. I'll let youse guys know if people are masking there or not.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:34 PM

the disney store was pretty hardcore with mask compliance. when they told my wife to put on her mask, she tried putting on her bs thin mask and they lady told her it had to be two layered. i dont think she has ever been called out on her bs mask before.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:30 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the disney store was pretty hardcore with mask compliance. when they told my wife to put on her mask, she tried putting on her bs thin mask and they lady told her it had to be two layered. i dont think she has ever been called out on her bs mask before.
Hardcore? It's a store whose main target is children under 12. Not a newsflash.

That kind of BS by parents will land you on News4.

Last edited by Idlewile; 05-28-2021 at 06:49 PM..

Old 05-28-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post

What kind of BS? Im also not sure what point you are trying to make by mentioning that's it's a store for kids.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:37 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm off to ShopRite. I'll let youse guys know if people are masking there or not.
I forgot to follow up.

Everyone was wearing masks.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:11 AM

9,007 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post

The BS is not knowing children are more likely to be killed in a car accident than by Covid.

Buckle them in, and ditch the masks.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:15 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
What kind of BS? Im also not sure what point you are trying to make by mentioning that's it's a store for kids.
Under 12 group is the only age group that cannot be vaccinated and Disney's $130 billion business model is focused solely on this group and it's entertainment and well-being.

Shoppers record exchanges like you describe all the time where parents try not to comply and then they show up on social media/traditional media.

"In addition, individual businesses can decide if they want to keep indoor mask requirements in place and workplaces can also keep mask mandates. Conversely, Murphy said it would be prohibited for any business to require people remove masks before entering."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey