Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 05:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I would send it overseas. It isn't really a bad vaccine, and there are places that need it a lot more than we do.

Agree with sending it over seas but after NJ finishes using it. There are poor towns like Newark where people can't get rides to get vaccinated. Make a huge effort by going street by street if need be to get them the "one and done" J&J vaccine if they want a vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the disney store was pretty hardcore with mask compliance. when they told my wife to put on her mask, she tried putting on her bs thin mask and they lady told her it had to be two layered. i dont think she has ever been called out on her bs mask before.

Well that answers my question on whether you masked or not. I figured not lol

Heck, even I lowered my mask down in Depot and Lowes yesterday when no one was around because it was hot.

I wear a one ply mask made out of light weight T-shirt material. I've never been told it isn't a mask by CDC standards.

The Disney store is a kid store, of course they're going to keep masks because babies and kids up to age 16 haven't been vaccinated yet. Any business geared towards kids will be keeping the mask mandate, so make sure you always carry one when you go to kid places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I forgot to follow up.

Everyone was wearing masks.

Thanks, I figured they would keep masks on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Under 12 group is the only age group that cannot be vaccinated and Disney's $130 billion business model is focused solely on this group and it's entertainment and well-being.

Shoppers record exchanges like you describe all the time where parents try not to comply and then they show up on social media/traditional media.

"In addition, individual businesses can decide if they want to keep indoor mask requirements in place and workplaces can also keep mask mandates. Conversely, Murphy said it would be prohibited for any business to require people remove masks before entering."

I started replying to the thread then got side tracked. When I submitted my reply I saw you commented.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Under 12 group is the only age group that cannot be vaccinated and Disney's $130 billion business model is focused solely on this group and it's entertainment and well-being.

Shoppers record exchanges like you describe all the time where parents try not to comply and then they show up on social media/traditional media.

"In addition, individual businesses can decide if they want to keep indoor mask requirements in place and workplaces can also keep mask mandates. Conversely, Murphy said it would be prohibited for any business to require people remove masks before entering."
It was the Disney store. I still don't know why you are mentioning that Disney targets children. A lot of stores in the mall had mask restrictions and we complied with them.

It would have been a very uninteresting video. My wife complied with the store employees request.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:16 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Well that answers my question on whether you masked or not. I figured not lol

Heck, even I lowered my mask down in Depot and Lowes yesterday when no one was around because it was hot.

I wear a one ply mask made out of light weight T-shirt material. I've never been told it isn't a mask by CDC standards.

The Disney store is a kid store, of course they're going to keep masks because babies and kids up to age 16 haven't been vaccinated yet. Any business geared towards kids will be keeping the mask mandate, so make sure you always carry one when you go to kid places.

Thanks, I figured they would keep masks on.

I started replying to the thread then got side tracked. When I submitted my reply I saw you commented.
Disney lady would have caught you with your 1 ply mask.

I figure kids can wear masks like anyone else if they are concerned.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:18 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Disney lady would have caught you with your 1 ply mask.

I figure kids can wear masks like anyone else if they are concerned.

I would have left depending on why I was going there in the 1st place. If my 4 year old granddaughter was with me, I would have had to go into my pocketbook and pull my regular mask out that I keep on me just in case someone has issue with my one ply mask or if it breaks because the ear threads are getting thin. I have to cut out some more.

Old 05-29-2021, 10:28 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm off to ShopRite. I'll let youse guys know if people are masking there or not.
I have to go later on, is it the store policy that everyone has a mask on ? or are people still conditioned to put the mask on due to the govt. rules. Thanks

Old 07-06-2021, 08:37 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
For anyone who has changed their mind and decided to get it. No appointment necessary.

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2e6f8ca

Old 08-03-2021, 08:26 AM

Finally we have an app in NJ (Docket) that accesses your Covid vaccine records. Took about a minute to download and find my records. I know and get why this is controversial, but here we are. I'm also carrying my paper card, though.

https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaxrecords

Walgreen's, CVS, Walmart etc are also providing their own apps.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:50 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Finally we have an app in NJ (Docket) that accesses your Covid vaccine records. Took about a minute to download and find my records. I know and get why this is controversial, but here we are. I'm also carrying my paper card, though.

https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaxrecords

Walgreen's, CVS, Walmart etc are also providing their own apps.
It's like digital "papers."

Old 08-03-2021, 12:11 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Funny how CaptainNJ and PatrioticSuperman are never in the same room...

Old 08-03-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Funny how CaptainNJ and PatrioticSuperman are never in the same room...
The Captain was forced into "early retirement."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey