Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hit! You mean runover!!!!!! I must admit though..they sure are cute but not very practical for a family with kids. One step up from a Smart car in my opinion. Did you see the news last night...sales on scooters and mopeds are soaring! Damn I should have bought their stock!

That Smart car is scary..saw one on 46 the other day
May do well over in Europe as most drive small cars, scooters but heck that thing would scare the hell out of me driving on any interstate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
May do well over in Europe as most drive small cars, scooters but heck that thing would scare the hell out of me driving on any interstate
I saw a crash test where they tested the Smart car by ramming it head-on into a concrete barrier at about 45 mph. They also did the same test with a Ford Fiesta or something along those lines. The Smart car definitely held up better in the crash (the Fiesta got utterly destroyed), but as the commentator on the video said "the Smart car definitely survived the crash better than the Fiesta, but the same can't be said of the occupants. I guess if you're willing to consider 'different degrees of dead' they fared better, but in my view, they're still dead either way".

Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
My partner and I are seriously considering buying two of these...how cool!!

Can-Am Spyder roadster: three wheeled motorcycle

Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
My partner and I are seriously considering buying two of these...how cool!!

Can-Am Spyder roadster: three wheeled motorcycle

Cute but a Harley it's not! What's the $$ tag on one of them?
Motorcycles etc scare me as well..used to love them but nobody LOOKS for them on the road...not to bad when riding with a group....

Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Cute but a Harley it's not! What's the $$ tag on one of them?
Motorcycles etc scare me as well..used to love them but nobody LOOKS for them on the road...not to bad when riding with a group....

Still trying to find out "how much"..there's a place in Ledgewood that sells them..I'm stopping in today to see what they run. I like this as it's similiar to a car..more stability than a regular motorcycle. I'll let you know what they cost when I find out : )

Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Here I was getting all excited and hoping to see some mini skirts ....but anyhow, obviously mini's are great for either single or retired people. Families do not need to apply.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Here I was getting all excited and hoping to see some mini skirts ....but anyhow, obviously mini's are great for either single or retired people. Families do not need to apply.
Back in my childhood years (less than 20 years ago, as I was born in 81), my parents shared a single car - a station wagon.

Why is it now that in order to have a family car it must be an SUV, minivan, or large sedan?

I don't get it.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Back in my childhood years (less than 20 years ago, as I was born in 81), my parents shared a single car - a station wagon.

Why is it now that in order to have a family car it must be an SUV, minivan, or large sedan?

I don't get it.

Well, I'll dare to say back in those days, Mom & Dad didn't drive us around like if they were our chauffeurs*sp. Also I remember my parents had only one car too, an old subaru and we were a family of 6 and there was no child seats or anything to the likes (I'm talking back in the 70's now) so we were just piled on in the back seat (me been the youngest was no fun) But also Dad was the only one that worked and everything Mom need it was within a walk distance, now everything is miles & miles away.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post

I don't get it.
Did your Mom work or was she stay at home?
Many families today have both parents working and somebody having to shuttle these kids to after school sports with equipment....a mini cooper is not a car for a family of four

Old 07-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well, I'll dare to say back in those days, Mom & Dad didn't drive us around like if they were our chauffeurs*sp. Also I remember my parents had only one car too, an old subaru and we were a family of 6 and there was no child seats or anything to the likes (I'm talking back in the 70's now) so we were just piled on in the back seat (me been the youngest was no fun) But also Dad was the only one that worked and everything Mom need it was within a walk distance, now everything is miles & miles away.
Good point..those child seats take up a lot of space....what's the age/weight requirement where they no longer have to be in a child seat??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey