Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:07 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,817 times

Advertisements

Why does he need a boehemoth to get to work in?

Has he tried getting a Winnebego? At least he could cook his own food at lunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Why does he need a boehemoth to get to work in?

Has he tried getting a Winnebego? At least he could cook his own food at lunch!
Because when he goes to the Home depot whatever he buys he can cart home..do have to say we have saved on a lot of delivery charges..that has hauled washers, dryers, dishwashers, mattress sets home with no problem Or maybe he's just a redneck at heart lol

Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM

I can understand the delivery thing. Commuting?

Friends/relatives of mine have the whole "Work truck/Trip car" thing too. You get comfy with certain things....

As for RN? there is a pride thing, for sure. Same pride that makes peeps buy a sports car that can go 200mph even though they will probably never reach that speed (alive). But saying a Cherokee is too small to drive to work in... (unless he uses the truck at work to haul stuff).... eep.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
I can understand the delivery thing. Commuting?

Friends/relatives of mine have the whole "Work truck/Trip car" thing too. You get comfy with certain things....

As for RN? there is a pride thing, for sure. Same pride that makes peeps buy a sports car that can go 200mph even though they will probably never reach that speed (alive). But saying a Cherokee is too small to drive to work in... (unless he uses the truck at work to haul stuff).... eep.
he doesn't have a "commute" he is 10 miles from home to work in the opposite direction..he is going 15 North in the AM when 15 South is a virtual parking lot

In any case I do have time to research some cars/suv's before lease end

Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,387 times
I have had a MINI since 2003. Decent car but many little problems like plastic crackng, sun roof screens no longer working, glove comparment latch broken, etc... Nothing MAJOR yet. Run Flats sucked so switched to regular tires. 70k miles on it. I would NEVER buy another one but it was ok.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
he doesn't have a "commute" he is 10 miles from home to work in the opposite direction..he is going 15 North in the AM when 15 South is a virtual parking lot
Commuting IS driving. 2 minutes or 2 hours, doesn't matter!

He has a short, convenient commute....15 minutes is nice!

Quote:
In any case I do have time to research some cars/suv's before lease end
All depends on what you need it for. There are some nice sedans out there now, and a few sportier CUV's that get a better bit of milage than the older Cherokee's (and still haul butt).

You have the big car for your cargo needs, maybe you need something with a bit more passenger space? Efficiency and comfort for long drives? I am drooling over some of teh BMW's, but that dries up quick when I see the prices...

Toyota has some good ones, and Honda is getting less boxy (some are quite nice!).

Most of the American models are still too chunky/beefy for me. Like they are trying to prove their Machismo. The other more economical ones look like plastic boxes (what was Ford's Electric? The Car Show model was great looking, the one they have now looks like a Humidifier... )

I would LIKE to support our own manufacturing base, but I wish we made something truly worth supporting!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
I have had a MINI since 2003. Decent car but many little problems like plastic crackng, sun roof screens no longer working, glove comparment latch broken, etc... Nothing MAJOR yet. Run Flats sucked so switched to regular tires. 70k miles on it. I would NEVER buy another one but it was ok.
If you parked it in the sun I can see where many of teh things mentioned would be happeneing.

My '95 MX6 is in great condition considering the age, but many of the same model had problems with their plastic and rubber parts if they were parked outside...

Or are you just playing Devil's Advocate "Natas"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey