Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 09:48 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times

Advertisements

with regards to co-habitating, I don't think NJ is a "common-law" state...

regardless, you're correct in the sense that if she lives with you & then breaks up, she can take you to court over "shared expenses", or "became accustomed to a certain lifestyle", or some other nonsense.

as for how they dress, what all men must realize is that women aren't dressing to impress you, they're dressing to impress themselves & other women. They could care less what you or I think. When she tells you she loves you, remember this: women have a different sense of the truth. Their truth is based on the moment, and on their feelings only. Around here, they know nothing of integrity or true honesty. Not a thing. They live in a state of constant dishonesty -- with their constant attempt to look like someone else, be like someone else, etc. -- that they have no reality that can be defined. This is why women constantly say one thing and do something else entirely, and get angry when someone tries to hold them to their word.

Proof of this is in their lack of concern for being on time. They don't give a rat's ass about you or your time. The only thoughts running through their heads have to do with their own comfort. Long ago, this constant 'say one thing and do another' behavior used to be called "a woman’s right to change her mind." Now let's call it what it really is: you're full of **** and your word means nothing. A life of lies and deceit makes them like this.

NJ/NY women are only concerned with one thing -- Comfort. If something is difficult, they will spend endless amounts of time and money to avoid it. YOUR money. YOUR time. We, as men, don't mind doing things that are uncomfortable. We can adapt to situations these women will never accept. This is another reason why local women always claim "there are no good men". We can sit in the blazing sun and fix our cars, or sweat our asses off painting. We can do this over and over again without complaining and bitching. We can maintain our belongings, even when it means doing so compromises our TV time or social agenda. Not the women around here -- they will throw something out before they clean, fix, repair, or tune it up. They live for the disposable, instant gratification they have forced us men to create.

This feeds two things: their obsession to shop, and the avoidance of anything that compromises their comfort. By throwing out what you work endlessly to provide, they get to put on the lies, and go buy more disposable crap. There are some guys I know who are some of the fortunate few who have found a truly good woman, who doesn't live her life in a state of terminal self-centered-ness. I always tell them to be truly grateful. I guess I'm describing a southern girl, but they don't like Yankees. And mail-order brides are out of the question, so I'm probably going to remain single...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
with regards to co-habitating, I don't think NJ is a "common-law" state...

regardless, you're correct in the sense that if she lives with you & then breaks up, she can take you to court over "shared expenses", or "became accustomed to a certain lifestyle", or some other nonsense.

as for how they dress, what all men must realize is that women aren't dressing to impress you, they're dressing to impress themselves & other women. They could care less what you or I think. When she tells you she loves you, remember this: women have a different sense of the truth. Their truth is based on the moment, and on their feelings only. Around here, they know nothing of integrity or true honesty. Not a thing. They live in a state of constant dishonesty -- with their constant attempt to look like someone else, be like someone else, etc. -- that they have no reality that can be defined. This is why women constantly say one thing and do something else entirely, and get angry when someone tries to hold them to their word.

Proof of this is in their lack of concern for being on time. They don't give a rat's ass about you or your time. The only thoughts running through their heads have to do with their own comfort. Long ago, this constant 'say one thing and do another' behavior used to be called "a woman’s right to change her mind." Now let's call it what it really is: you're full of **** and your word means nothing. A life of lies and deceit makes them like this.

NJ/NY women are only concerned with one thing -- Comfort. If something is difficult, they will spend endless amounts of time and money to avoid it. YOUR money. YOUR time. We, as men, don't mind doing things that are uncomfortable. We can adapt to situations these women will never accept. This is another reason why local women always claim "there are no good men". We can sit in the blazing sun and fix our cars, or sweat our asses off painting. We can do this over and over again without complaining and bitching. We can maintain our belongings, even when it means doing so compromises our TV time or social agenda. Not the women around here -- they will throw something out before they clean, fix, repair, or tune it up. They live for the disposable, instant gratification they have forced us men to create.

This feeds two things: their obsession to shop, and the avoidance of anything that compromises their comfort. By throwing out what you work endlessly to provide, they get to put on the lies, and go buy more disposable crap. There are some guys I know who are some of the fortunate few who have found a truly good woman, who doesn't live her life in a state of terminal self-centered-ness. I always tell them to be truly grateful. I guess I'm describing a southern girl, but they don't like Yankees. And mail-order brides are out of the question, so I'm probably going to remain single...
A+++++++ POST!

Just one thing about the co-habitating - they can still yell RAPE and you know the rest.

There's Plenty of "angles" of what's wrong my friend.

I'm off to have some lunch then will go out for a walk in this great weather.

Till later on - njguy

Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
thanks man, this is a topic I've been immersed in for the last 20+ years, so I am talking from real life experience in NJ...

Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 AM

2,963 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
great post njguy

it seems that this board attracts the very small percentage of women who don't have the typical "NJ/NY female" traits, but the fact is that this area cultivates those types of personalities we guys can't stand.

all of the single women I meet these days say they don't want to 'waste time' because they're too busy 'living life to the fullest'... the translation being, they're too busy to put in the effort to be a good romantic partner themselves, because of preoccupation with living up to the so-called "standards" of success, as defined by insidious media messages and social competition... negative cultural forces that create these incredibly picky requirements in the first place. After all, humans are complex creatures and it's easy to find a million things to pick at, or compare one's current partner with someone 'better'... and sooner or later, over the course of a relationship, those attitudes will definitely become apparent.

It's been my unfortunate experience in romantic life to encounter individuals like this... they often talked about what a great love they had with someone meeting their stringent requirements (me in those instances). But I mostly found that they lacked the ability to truly love themselves and humankind in general - sadly, they can't forgive, nor compromise, nor show empathy - IMO the only requirements worth a damn to be a great lover and partner.
My friend, I'm sure there are plenty of good hearted down to earth Women in New Jersey.

Last edited by D-Towner; 03-07-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
JG183 - GREAT POST!

Heck, they don't even dress in a dress/skirt like a Woman should IMO never mind a Lady when that was normal everyday back in the day.

Today they want to wear the pants IMO. Today's version is no longer a wholesome one.

Where's the respect for most females bodies when so many expose too much of their body in the Summer months? In that case why not go naked and finish the job? It sends a wrong message then those same females screw the Man as well as attracting the wrong ones then cry and create drama which they asked and live for. Heck they sleep around so much that solely for the STD's threat alone will push me away and it's roughly something like 80% of the females sleeping with 30 - 35% of the Men I've read in articles - so what does that say?

So you are a suit and tie all the time type guy???

And who are the NJ women getting the STDs from???? Men

Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
WOW - they have been burned.

BUT - reading their responses they are going into each relationship with preconceived notions of what is going to happen and that all women are the same.

Judging by their remarks, they are bringing it on themselves.

And yes, I know all too well about divorce - I worked in child support enforcement for some time years ago before I worked in the prisons, so I also know about the poor men getting burned. I ate, breathed, and slept divorce for longer than I wanted to. Many times, the men do get burned, however, equally, many times they do not - MEANING that equally, the divorces are the mens' fault the same amount as they are the women's.

Honestly, out of all the inmates I dealt with in the prisons that were in on sex crimes, one was truly innocent. ONE out of how many over a ten year period??

You two guys have really got to stop thinking that all women are the same. Just like you guys aren't all the same either. THANK GOD!!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:49 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,838 times
Dude- stay away from bars and one night stands and you won't have much worry of STDs.

There are some bitter people out there, wow. If you drink for entertainment you already have one strike.
Bring on a little ethnic self loathing next- and we'll have a good ole city-data reunion shindig.

Example: I hate fill in the blank persons and I happen to be blank background too. I hate myself and my fill in the blankness but hopefully one day it will just vanish and everything will be fabulous.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
It's okay, it's all part of living in Femerica.
I just hear stories from the many people I've spoke to and the kicker is that many females still want to justify that Marriage IS the thing to do - no thanks.
Not all women are marriage minded- especially if they have been burned.

But I noticed the term Femerica on that post. Hmm, maybe time for some insight form the unpolitically correct. It's pretty insightful and many laughs.

YouTube - Bill Maher on Feminism

Old 03-07-2009, 12:56 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
This feeds two things: their obsession to shop, and the avoidance of anything that compromises their comfort. By throwing out what you work endlessly to provide, they get to put on the lies, and go buy more disposable crap. There are some guys I know who are some of the fortunate few who have found a truly good woman, who doesn't live her life in a state of terminal self-centered-ness. I always tell them to be truly grateful. I guess I'm describing a southern girl, but they don't like Yankees. And mail-order brides are out of the question,
Quote:
so I'm probably going to remain single..
One thing from Sopranos isn't so steriotypical, and that's how the wives on that show are butt-spoiled. Man my stepmother pays a guy to spring clean the house every month, has to own a fullsize lex, live in a big house, not work, etc and she pays for none of it so they quickly forget the value of a dollar so long as u are taking care of everything. They get this phobia or cancer which permenently criples them from being reasonable with money and worldly things that make them comfortable. Of course this only applies to a certain class of women but they dominate, maybe the new generation knows the value of money.

If u think ur gonna remain single, chances are u will, u have to change ur attitude, women need to feel very wanted and know ur about business (ironic i use that word). Do u want a woman or not? if so might as well adopt the conquer the world f*** off attitude as opposed to the ***sy attitude

Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM

2,963 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
One thing from Sopranos isn't so steriotypical, and that's how the wives on that show are butt-spoiled. Man my stepmother pays a guy to spring clean the house every month, has to own a fullsize lex, live in a big house, not work, etc and she pays for none of it so they quickly forget the value of a dollar so long as u are taking care of everything. They get this phobia or cancer which permenently criples them from being reasonable with money and worldly things that make them comfortable. Of course this only applies to a certain class of women but they dominate, maybe the new generation knows the value of money.

If u think ur gonna remain single, chances are u will, u have to change ur attitude, women need to feel very wanted and know ur about business (ironic i use that word). Do u want a woman or not? if so might as well adopt the conquer the world f*** off attitude as opposed to the ***sy attitude
Once again, the whole Sopranos thing was a joke...the show makes many references to real aspects of New Jersey. As far as the main characters are concerned, I'm sure most realize that they don't live the life that the overwhelming majority of people from New Jersey do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey