Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM

3 posts, read 13,848 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I know it can be loud if you live too close to the Freehold Raceway. What area is considered too close? For example, the area between Ivanhoe, Union Hill & Pension Rd seems like it might be a bit too close. What about if you're south of Union Hill? Or south of Pinebrook Rd?

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,438 times
Do you mean Raceway Park?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggar View Post
Hi Everyone,

I know it can be loud if you live too close to the Freehold Raceway. What area is considered too close? For example, the area between Ivanhoe, Union Hill & Pension Rd seems like it might be a bit too close. What about if you're south of Union Hill? Or south of Pinebrook Rd?

Thx
I assume you mean Raceway Park. Union hill is only really bad during those 3 races a year.
The Area off Gordons Corner and Tennent road really does not hear it. I lived there for 13 years and there was no noise.
Raceway Park -http://www.racewaypark.com/

Diane G

Old 03-20-2009, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 13,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
Do you mean Raceway Park?

Yes, I meant Raceway Park. For example, I have seen some houses online in the area between Union Hill Rd and Pinebrook Rd and also between Pension and Pease rd. Was wondering if that section would be too close to the raceway

Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 130,525 times
The races are so few and far between...it really is a non-issue. Not a consideration in househunting in my opinion

Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,438 times
I live off of Pension Rd. Apparently there have already been races going on at raceway park, according to the schedule I downloaded. Haven't heard a thing. My guess is that it'll only get bad around the time of Summernationals and Supernationals - back when I used to be able to hear the races when I lived in Old Bridge.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
As already said, there's not too many areas where you'll hear anything, and what you would here would be minimal and infrequent. My uncle used to live on Texas Road right near the intersection of the road that runs Raceway Park (was it Pension Road?)- you could walk through the woods behind his house to the track- and even that close, you couldn't hear anything other than when the Top Fuel cars were in town (once or twice a year). Since that time there's been so much development that I'd think you wouldn't even hear the top fuel cars from his house.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 3,756,477 times
I used to live on the other side of town behind the Wawa on Route 9 on the Marlboro border Tracy Drive actually and we heard the races on Saturday night if the wind was blowing the right way. The area is great if you can afford it schools are great just a nice area in general. I wouldn't let the drag strip put you off at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: