Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,572 times

Advertisements

i guess its not fair its against human rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
The police are not politicians... In the town i grew up in, its mostly guys i went to HS with.

YouTube - Back to the Future - Fight

Old 06-09-2009, 05:45 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
Quote:

And believe me jack, there is no bigger supporter of freedom then me
Apparently, you're not.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:31 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
The guy got what he deserved
How so?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:36 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Similar situation happened to me last year that a mentally challenged guy was driving a car, blew through a police checkpoint, they followed him for a few miles. He then struck a police officer with his car and drove down the WRONG side of the highway. Police opened fire, the driver continued to drive and hit me in my vehicle with 2 passengers, at which time he had already been shot a few times.

The family of course sued, and he was "harmless" and mentally ill. It was a ****ty situation and things become controversial when mental issues arise.

I also agree with whoever said on hte first page 90% of cops are power trippy, from my own experience and from other peoples.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Quote:
I have no problem with this... this was hardly a "beating"....

I dont care if you have a mental disorder or not. If you are mouthing off to a cop and they pop you one, that is just the way it goes

LOLOL! I love the tough guy attitude. God help you if you ever got in a bad situation you would be the type to cry. I can tell by your post that you are just trying to be a tough guy. The great thing about is talking like one doesnt make you one. Cops need to do their job not the courts. Stop acting hard because your not.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
he was "harmless" and mentally ill
And yet he almost killed a few people. The only problem I see is that they didn't stop him long before he managed to get that far. NJ needs higher powered handguns.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 AM

744 posts, read 1,406,280 times
Quote:
And believe me jack, there is no bigger supporter of freedom then me
Except for the bit about it being OK for the police to beat up people they don't like because that's just the way it goes.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:05 AM

744 posts, read 1,406,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Similar situation happened to me last year that a mentally challenged guy was driving a car, blew through a police checkpoint, they followed him for a few miles. He then struck a police officer with his car and drove down the WRONG side of the highway. Police opened fire, the driver continued to drive and hit me in my vehicle with 2 passengers, at which time he had already been shot a few times.

The family of course sued, and he was "harmless" and mentally ill. It was a ****ty situation and things become controversial when mental issues arise.

I also agree with whoever said on hte first page 90% of cops are power trippy, from my own experience and from other peoples.
How is that a similar situation?

"mouthing off" isn't quite in the same league as "refusing to stop a motor vehicle, running down a police officer, breaking numerous traffic laws, and crashing".

Of course the family sued - this is the USA - if they won then we have idiots for a judge/jury (assuming there aren't some other factors at play you don't know about - though I can't think of any that could possibly matter) but it's got nothing to do with a police beatdown on someone they didn't like.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
There was no reason for the police to even stop unless there's a law in Passaic that you have to have your sweatshirt zipped up. If they were smart they would have just made the turn and drove on but for some reason they decided to pick on a helpless man and find a reason to beat him. Hope you're proud of yourself officer Rios.

all cops are worthless.

anyway, im sure they stopped for a reason. they were probably called because they guy was harrassing and/or threatening people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: