Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,978,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you think they just pulled up to a random guy on a corner to beat him up because he looked strange? im sure they got a call, they seemed to go right at him as if they knew they were there for him.

im not one to defend cops (and im not defending this incident) but i dont think the guy was just minding his own business standing there with his shirt unbuttoned.
Watch the video again.....pictures don't lie. Yes....maybe he looked strange.......he was MENTALLY ILL with his shirt unbuttoned !!! In your town is a beating with billy club part of the typical police interview to determine if someone needs help ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM

744 posts, read 1,406,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Just curious. What's the difference between suspended with pay and vacation?
The bad mark on your record, and the investigation. So not much.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
90% of cops are power trippy.
Power corrups........Absolute power corrups absolutely.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM

744 posts, read 1,406,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Watch the video again.....pictures don't lie. Yes....maybe he looked strange.......he was MENTALLY ILL with his shirt unbuttoned !!! In your town is a beating with billy club part of the typical police interview to determine if someone needs help ?
Beating anyone who doesn't respond with "yes sir, how long would you like me to suck it" to every request made by a cop is standard procedure everywhere, so yes it would be.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
Beating anyone who doesn't respond with "yes sir, how long would you like me to suck it" to every request made by a cop is standard procedure everywhere, so yes it would be.

Well....clearly thats wrong and why these two idiots have been relieved of duty. The first idiot for doing the actual beating and his idiot partner for not doing something to stop it.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
the video starts and the cop car pulls over right next to the guy. maybe im missing something but im not sure why you think they didnt drive up to him for a reason. i guess its possible they were going to make a right turn, saw him and decided to give him a beat down but i think they were called to deal with him.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the video starts and the cop car pulls over right next to the guy. maybe im missing something but im not sure why you think they didnt drive up to him for a reason. i guess its possible they were going to make a right turn, saw him and decided to give him a beat down but i think they were called to deal with him.

OK....lets look at this from your perspective......we'll assume they were called to "deal" with him ......... what did he do to be "dealt" with in that manner other than have his shirt half unbuttoned ? With all the crime on our streets do we really need fashion police patrolling to check for people that don't have their shirts adequately buttoned ???

Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
OK....lets look at this from your perspective......we'll assume they were called to "deal" with him ......... what did he do to be "dealt" with in that manner other than have his shirt half unbuttoned ? With all the crime on our streets do we really need fashion police patrolling to check for people that don't have their shirts adequately buttoned ???
why are you focused so much on his shirt being unbuttoned? im sure that had nothing to do with it.

also, i am not defending what the cops did. i hate cops and i rarely defend their actions. however, i hate criminals and generally people that disturb my peace also. the cop had no right to give the beat down and the guy didnt deserve one (from a cop anyway), all im saying is they were probably called to deal with this guy for a reason. by assuming they just pulled up and saw his shirt unbuttons so they decided to beat him down is deliberately making the guy more innocent than he probably is.

ill say it again though, i hate all cops. sometimes their abuse of the system does work out to my advantage though.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
most rapists and murderers have emotional/mental disorders that is why they do it.
trust me being smashed in the face by a mentally ill person on the trolley platform feels the same as a sane one.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
most rapists and murderers have emotional/mental disorders that is why they do it.
trust me being smashed in the face by a mentally ill person on the trolley platform feels the same as a sane one.
exactly, i couldnt care less if a guy is mentally insane if he is harrassing/threatening/attacking innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: