Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

And the safest city in the country isn't in Jersey either. It's in New York.

Why don't you tell us something we don't know.....we all know Camdens rep and it goes back & forth being the #1 bad azz city..who cares unless you live or work there..it's been in a steady downward spiral since the 60's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM

195 posts, read 492,060 times
How would you fix Camden?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Chin View Post
How would you fix Camden?
Bull doze it into a huge parking lot..camden will not be fixed in my life time

Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,919,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Hey, Brick is still pretty high up there
Brick is the 8th safest. Not bad. There is a criminal element from Lakewood moving into the Maple Leaf Park apartment complex that probably accounts for the most of the crime. Mostly section 8 leases.

It's funny, outside of that development, Brick has virtually no crime whatsoever. Same with Toms River and its version, Hope's Crossing Apartments.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Bull doze it into a huge parking lot..camden will not be fixed in my life time
How bout we just rebuilt the entire city from scratch?

Also, if what happened to New Orleans happened to Camden, nobody would care and I all I think they would do is fix the highways to Philly and just turn the city into a giant harbor.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,640,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Right...let's just ignore all the statstics and proven facts and instead let's rely upon biased annecdotal stories. Makes sense to me. /S

Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey An "OBVIOUS" assest ?? Really ??When it's almost impossible to find a local resident who can properly fill out a job application and pass a drug test just to become a parking lot attendent I have serious doubts about that kinda PC non-sense. Yes...I have first hand experince with exactly that situation.

Wake up.

I guess my sarcasm was not particularly potent

Old 11-23-2009, 02:08 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,758 times
yeah...you know that occurred to me very shortly AFTER hitting return....
sorry bout that

Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,661,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You are truly the most lame, biased poster on this forum. It's okay though.
At some point your posts have become reflective of your miserable state as a human being......................
Disliking you has started to give way to pity. You are obviously sad & in need of attention. I can invite you over to one of my mother's Sunday dinners if you would like. Maybe that will make your misguided self feel better about who you are on the inside.
You can play with my nephews & we can eat a good meal. Maybe that will snap you out of your misery.
Again.................. We feel for your miserable mind state. We understand blaming others is a way to ease your pain.
In time & with treatment you will feel better about who you are as a person.
No, not at all.

If there's anybody in here that needs help. IT'S YOU. You notice that you're the only person in here whining and complaining about me while everybody else either ignores me or responses to whatever they want to a and goes about their way. For real, if there's anybody that should be annoyed and irritated, IT SHOULD BE ME. Always following me around BEGGING for my attention. You sound like I hurt your feelings somewhere down the line. I even sent you a private message asking you if you had a problem and you said NO but yet every single time, I say something. You have to be the first one to have out the Kleenex crying.

I don't know you and as far as I'm concerned, I don't wanna get to know you either. Trust me, if I'm miserable, you sure as hell love being around me. Misery LOVES company. You should just stop altogether. You clearly are mental and need to take your meds.

And the other person that cosigns you seems to want my attention to. I didn't know that posting whatever bothered people. Don't kill yourself.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:02 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Notice that Newark is 29th. Reading people's comments in here, you'd think it would be 1 and higher than Baghdad, Johanesburg and Kabul.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:06 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Anyone else shocked Elizabeth is higher than Paterson and JC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey