Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,175 times

Advertisements

Farmington is Cool! I'm 24 yr old too... and live in an apartment on Butler Ave. but the apartments I live in dont allow animals....But farmington is growing and the atmosphere is alive....Good Choice for a southwest town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamint2 View Post
Farmington is Cool! I'm 24 yr old too... and live in an apartment on Butler Ave. but the apartments I live in dont allow animals....But farmington is growing and the atmosphere is alive....Good Choice for a southwest town!

I use to live in an apartment off of Butler- cool

Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Hi wkooper ~ Welcome to the City-Data NM forum and congratulations on your upcoming move to New Mexico. I hope you will be one of the ones that love living here.

Best of luck on getting all your questions answered here at the forum!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 AM

261 posts, read 936,372 times
We have a shortage of apartment stock in Farmington. Although there are some new apartments, for the most part they are older and well worn. Homes are relatively expensive.

Like most of the Southwest, we're not here to entertain people. But if you want to put out a little effort, the scope of outdoor activities is unmatched here year round. Farmington is a little over an hour from the Colorado mountains, which will mean hiking, camping, skiing, white water kyaking and rafting, etc. Farmington itself boasts plenty of bike trails for mountain biking. If you're into motor sport, there are lots of motorcycle, sandrail and rock crawling opportunities. You can windsurf, fish, sail, or motorboat here. Lots of horse people here. We do have a symphony season, and a good performing arts community. Not large, but not second-rate either.

It's politically and socially pretty conservative. Quite a gap between the haves and the have-nots, which is probably more apparent in a smaller community than it is in a larger one. There are definitely racial tensions, but for the most part it's pretty much confined to the activists and politicos.

We have more than our share of ganstas, stupid criminals and junkies in my opinion, but there are also plenty of nice folks here to mitigate the nuisance.

Overall, not a bad place to start out.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,821 times
Default Take me back to UT

I moved to Farmington 2 years ago fr Logan UT which is very close to where you are coming from. We moved here to be closer to family. I am not trying to be a downer but I miss Logan everyday. The scenery was nicer, the people were nicer, the crime was nonexistant. It was a HUGE culture shock and I grew up in NM. I would tell you to try to come and visit before you make such a move. I have grown to like this area but if I had the chance I would go back!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelsalas View Post
I moved to Farmington 2 years ago fr Logan UT which is very close to where you are coming from. We moved here to be closer to family. I am not trying to be a downer but I miss Logan everyday. The scenery was nicer, the people were nicer, the crime was nonexistant. It was a HUGE culture shock and I grew up in NM. I would tell you to try to come and visit before you make such a move. I have grown to like this area but if I had the chance I would go back!!!

That is so crazy cause when I moved from Portales to Farmington I thought it was a hugh culture shock, they are like 2 different worlds.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM

7 posts, read 21,519 times
Lots of interesting info here, thanks so much

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM

7 posts, read 21,519 times
I would be interested in info as well on rentals in the Aztec area, especially rural,
where there is some acreage and the opportunity to put in a raised bed garden,
and/or have some chickens and maybe dairy goat in the property. We would also
need to have pet friendly landlords, as we have 2 cats and a dog. Thanks so much!

Is this something that is totally out of the question in the Aztec area, or is it a
dream come true new life & home for me?

I can be emailed directly at Aztec_NM_Bound at yahoo.com

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I think you could just order anything electronic from the web. I really like the responses to this thread. My idea of appropriate exercise after a day in the desert is to sit on a comfortable chair watching the setting sun with a cold bottle of Dos Equis (sp) in my hand.
Why would anyone want to leave the heat, humidity, hurricanes and humanity of South Florida to move to a dry, desolate, deserted place like Farmington?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM

3 posts, read 12,582 times
Question hi once more

Our move got put off for a little while

does anyone know anyone hiring in the oil pach?I need a job bad. I have lots of skills driveing, maintence,HVAC, ect

If you would email me @ mike71469@gmail.com I can send a resume

I have 2 small kids and just want to give them a good life

we are in tucson now I could be up there in 2 weeks to start work

thanks alot

mike davis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico