Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...I've been there more than once and I thought the people were friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Hmmm...I've been there more than once and I thought the people were friendly.
When I lived up north I had to travel to Vegas alot... and when you meet more than just a few.. thats when you will see...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM

811 posts, read 2,941,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
When I lived up north I had to travel to Vegas alot... and when you meet more than just a few.. thats when you will see...
You don't know what you are talking about!! Unbeleivable....someone using Espanola as a measuring stick. Please; Espanola is the Heroin capital of New Mexico with nothing there but a main street. Las Vegas has way more culture and historic significance then Espanola ever will. I'm not saying it's the best small city in the state, not even close, but don't dog Las Vegas and say it's a bad place with unfriendly people.
Also show me where it's losing more people than any other New Mexico town....provide a link!!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
You don't know what you are talking about!! Unbeleivable....someone using Espanola as a measuring stick. Please; Espanola is the Heroin capital of New Mexico with nothing there but a main street. Las Vegas has way more culture and historic significance then Espanola ever will. I'm not saying it's the best small city in the state, not even close, but don't dog Las Vegas and say it's a bad place with unfriendly people.
Also show me where it's losing more people than any other New Mexico town....provide a link!!

Yea, I'am using Espanola as an example becuase they are often compared.. How do you not know this?

Las Vegas was also known for its heroin problems before you talk buddy, look it up. It also has more gang activity in its public school system.

Culture and historic significance? You are crazy, how do you think Espanola was founded? by the Railroads, same pattern as Las Vegas. You need to do some reaserch before you come on here thinking you know everything. Espanola once too had a historic downtown, and we have the fiesta's and more hispanic population. So you wanna talk about culture.. yea, you have no clue. I'm a norteno buddy, born and raised. I know alot more than you do about Northern New Mexico. I also studied even more about it in college. I have a masters degree and I'm an Urban planner so watch it.

Las Vegas also has more scandals..as you have recently heard about..

and well any smart person, before saying "provide a link" would look at the Census populations.. it is also true to those at the San Miguel courthouse that infact the city is losing more than it ever has..

http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/...2008-04-35.csv

Dont bring Espanola down to much, you have never lived there. So who are you to judge. I have lived in both Las Vegas and Espanola,..believe me, Espanola wins on this one.

Plus we have Mainstreet "district", which is Paseo de Onate and Riverside Drive. Both considered "Main Streets" in espanola.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yea, I'am using Espanola as an example becuase they are often compared.. How do you not know this?

Las Vegas was also known for its heroin problems before you talk buddy, look it up. It also has more gang activity in its public school system.

Culture and historic significance? You are crazy, how do you think Espanola was founded? by the Railroads, same pattern as Las Vegas. You need to do some reaserch before you come on here thinking you know everything. Espanola once too had a historic downtown, and we have the fiesta's and more hispanic population. So you wanna talk about culture.. yea, you have no clue. I'm a norteno buddy, born and raised. I know alot more than you do about Northern New Mexico. I also studied even more about it in college. I have a masters degree and I'm an Urban planner so watch it.

Las Vegas also has more scandals..as you have recently heard about..

and well any smart person, before saying "provide a link" would look at the Census populations.. it is also true to those at the San Miguel courthouse that infact the city is losing more than it ever has..

http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/...2008-04-35.csv

Dont bring Espanola down to much, you have never lived there. So who are you to judge. I have lived in both Las Vegas and Espanola,..believe me, Espanola wins on this one.

Plus we have Mainstreet "district", which is Paseo de Onate and Riverside Drive. Both considered "Main Streets" in espanola.
First of all your studying in college and masters degree, DON'T impress me in the LEAST!!
"Las Vegas was also known for its heroin problems before you talk buddy"
Key word here "WAS" however Espanola "STILL" has a bad heroin problem to the point where the police officers carry narcan, with them to inject the overdose cases & bring them back to life.
As for the Railroad, do some research yourself mr masters degree LOL!
Las Vegas was founded in 1835 by a group of settlers that recieved a grant from the Mexican government. It later prospered as a stop along the Santa Fe trail during the Mexican-American war in 1846. Where Stephen W. Kearny delivered an address at the Plaza of Las Vegas claiming New Mexico for the United States.
The Railroad arrived in Las Vegas in 1880 which created a boomtown. It was was one of the largest cities in the southwest.
Right now Las Vegas has over 900 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, with some amazing architecture!
How many does Espanola have?
Also you bring up a point YOU provide the link...smart one!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:13 PM

206 posts, read 535,299 times
Better watch-it, BUDDY, he's an Urban planner with a MASTERS DEGREE, whooooee... Whats a Norteno ??? Are they like ms13, or La Emme ???

Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
Better watch-it, BUDDY, he's an Urban planner with a MASTERS DEGREE, whooooee... Whats a Norteno ??? Are they like ms13, or La Emme ???

a Norteno is someone from the North, in this case Northern New Mexico.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
First of all your studying in college and masters degree, DON'T impress me in the LEAST!!
"Las Vegas was also known for its heroin problems before you talk buddy"
Key word here "WAS" however Espanola "STILL" has a bad heroin problem to the point where the police officers carry narcan, with them to inject the overdose cases & bring them back to life.
As for the Railroad, do some research yourself mr masters degree LOL!
Las Vegas was founded in 1835 by a group of settlers that recieved a grant from the Mexican government. It later prospered as a stop along the Santa Fe trail during the Mexican-American war in 1846. Where Stephen W. Kearny delivered an address at the Plaza of Las Vegas claiming New Mexico for the United States.
The Railroad arrived in Las Vegas in 1880 which created a boomtown. It was was one of the largest cities in the southwest.
Right now Las Vegas has over 900 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, with some amazing architecture!
How many does Espanola have?
Also you bring up a point YOU provide the link...smart one!!!

Dont make your self sound even worse dude, serious.

Espanola was founded in 1598 by Juan de Onate, and was the First Capital city in america. Do your research! It was a "boomtown" before Las Vegas was even thought of..

Las Vegas still has some of the worst drug problems in the state, you act like you dont know that.. I have family there I'm not stupid I know just as much about Las Vegas than you do.

You think you know so much about Espanola.. you make me laugh.
Get a life serious, I have no idea where you get all this stuff from..

Espanola is not the one losing people..plus learn what (per-capita) means it will get you far in life.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Why in Hell are all you people so obsessed with crime? In my experience if you leave them alone they will leave you alone. I simply do not consider crime to be more than an indirect indicator of relative poverty. You worry about Las Vegas, NM. What about Las Vegas, NV where the criminals really do run the place?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Dont make your self sound even worse dude, serious.

Espanola was founded in 1598 by Juan de Onate, and was the First Capital city in america. Do your research! It was a "boomtown" before Las Vegas was even thought of..

Las Vegas still has some of the worst drug problems in the state, you act like you dont know that.. I have family there I'm not stupid I know just as much about Las Vegas than you do.

You think you know so much about Espanola.. you make me laugh.
Get a life serious, I have no idea where you get all this stuff from..

Espanola is not the one losing people..plus learn what (per-capita) means it will get you far in life.
Nice choice of words from someone that supposedly has a masters! Your true colors shine. through just by your responses. Comprehension was obviously not your strong point in college was it? I never said I knew a lot about Espanola, I just stated that its the HEROIN capital of New Mexico. Also I could care less if it was a boomtown in 1598! This is like arguing with a little kid. I've tried to see things from your piont of view, however I can't stick my head far enough up my keester to do so! My opinion is Las Vegas has a lot more to offer & is a more attractive town than Espanola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico