Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,532,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Your such an expert with Snakes Steve its only a few words maybe you can be an expert with the Spanish Dictionary. pintada kid at webtv.net
#1, Im not an expert with snakes. #2, why should I have to learn Spanish considering Im of Scottish/Norwegian/Irish ancestry? I wouldnt type here in Gaelic and expect you to bust out a Gaelic dictionary (if such a thing exists) just so you could understand what I was saying now would I? Read the TOS.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,044,307 times
The way I interpret the TOS is that English is the only language to be used in posting threads, comments, replies, etc.

But this is NEW MEXICO, for heaven's sake - the language here is loaded with Spanish names and phrases and words. How are we to completely edit the Spanish out of the New Mexico forum?

I have no objection to use of Spanish phrases here, as long as whole entire posts are not written in Spanish.

Pintada Kid: Please give the English translation for the phrase you have been using, so we all know the meaning. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
The way I interpret the TOS is that English is the only language to be used in posting threads, comments, replies, etc.

But this is NEW MEXICO, for heaven's sake - the language here is loaded with Spanish names and phrases and words. How are we to completely edit the Spanish out of the New Mexico forum?
Thats understandable. Throwing in a entire sentence in Spanish, during a heated debate, is questionable.

Comprende?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 AM

Si.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
AQUI VIENE UNO DESOS QUE SABE MAS Y ENTIENDE MENOS....... >>>>TRANSLATION..... Here comes one of those who knows more and understands less
Lovely. I figured it was an insult of some sort. Hey, at least you came out and said it.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
To you Steve O anything i want to write is an Insult or misinformation or a lie. The way i figure the way you spend your time trying to Disprove what i have to say i didnt think 8 or 10 words to translate would be much work for you. The Saying is not an insult to any person its just a saying to prove that anyone that studies and learns and becomes an expert still has lots of learning to do in the real World not just from books. It came from a Man who was Very Intelligent the fact that when he was a kid without parents he decided to work hard for 50 cents a day from sunup to sundown to survive and didnt get to go to School but decided to spend his time in the Mountains with animals for months or years at a time gives one a perspective from how they saw life from a different view and the saying can be misinterpeted by any lawyer today a dozen ways. Steve O you should spend your time adding information to the Group instead of trying to find fault in other peoples posts....... My life is spent on trying to help people and give them advice and i try to do at least one good deed a day or more to help others or volunteer my time for a good cause and ive been doing this most of my life. Im not a bad person and have a Very Good police record and Very Good driving record and have saved close to a Dozen people in my lifetime and i understand human nature and about the internet and know how to cancel out Evil People who try to destroy other people and groups. One of my favorite sayings is >>> ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING. pintada kid at webtv.net
FYI, I DO help people, and I enjoy doing so. Do you really not expect me to get upset when you tell BIG TIME misinformation regarding snakes? Thats something Im very passionate about, and I called you out on it. Then when other people mistakingly say that I basically shouldnt post because Im not a New Mexican (even though I know far more about snakes than they), you agree and then side with them and then insult me by stating I "know more and understand less". Really, if you expect me and others to simply sit back while you spread lies about snakes and then insult my intelligence, youve got another thing coming.

Until you can provide some FACTUAL information regarding snakes, then I sincerely hope you remove yourself from this thread. Most people are scared to death of snakes as it is, we dont need you or any others telling people that racers, etc, will sneak around and get you from behind, or that when you cut open gravid rattlesnakes, that baby rattlers will come out and bite them. Its nonsensical, terror-tactics that people like you spread that give people even more things to be scared about, and its WRONG. If you truly loved animals (snakes included), youd state otherwise. Youre making snakes out to be some kind of human-hunting, horror movie material.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

47 posts, read 130,943 times
Default Nuff Said

Ya'll are beating a dead, dead horse.....no emoticons for dead snakes...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I guess Steve o must have tried the Rattlers in the Rain because he forgot to mention about that
Indeed. Branson, MO, September 2006. Pygmy rattlesnake rattled at us, clear as day, in a heavy downpour. Uh-oh... there goes your theory.

What now?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM

What now??

Well......let's see .... how about we close up this thread?

I really think everyone has said just about everything there is to say.

Thanks for an .... interesting .... discussion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: