Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
6/3 Payment goes to PNM in ABQ, just got my bill,
Jane
O.K. thanks Jane !! As i'm getting close to heading on down within the next several weeks as i'm getting excited .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 05:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Cathy.....who's the electric provider for Alamogordo?? PNM or Texas- New Mexico power co.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!
PNM at this point provides both electric and gas....now the gas part will be spun off to someone else after the first of the year, pending approval.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
PNM at this point provides both electric and gas....now the gas part will be spun off to someone else after the first of the year, pending approval.
Just electric as it's an apartment for now....and thanks again to all who helped.

Another question and that is does anyone go to health food stores in Alamo?? I see GNC is still at the Mall. How's Natures Pantry on New York ave. if anyone goes there. I thought Songinthewind goes there????

I see Sunworld gym has moved to 9th street and a brand new health club is on Indian Wells.....

Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Just electric as it's an apartment for now....and thanks again to all who helped.

Another question and that is does anyone go to health food stores in Alamo?? I see GNC is still at the Mall. How's Natures Pantry on New York ave. if anyone goes there. I thought Songinthewind goes there????

I see Sunworld gym has moved to 9th street and a brand new health club is on Indian Wells.....
Nature's Pantry is GREAT. It is neat, clean and VERY well stocked!! I go occasionally, since I also tend to get a lot of my health stuff online.

I don't really care for GNC much...and only go when I need some protein powder or something like that, because that is about all they have there now. I am not crazy about White Sands Mall, and feel that it is really underutilized. There are so many empty spaces and such.

I have not been to the new health club on Indian Wells, but I understand that it is just totally awesome.....with a LOT of options. Since they don't offer indoor swimming, I didn't join. I have a Bowflex and a complete set of weights at home, so I don't train anywhere else.

I have been considering setting up a program at the PTC, but just haven't gotten around TUIT...LOL!! The swimming is great!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Thanks for that report Cathy as Natures Pantry sounds great !! I forgot to also mention earlier that FORMER city manager McCourt never repaired and opened the outdoor pool at Washington park also . As for the Mall being empty i'm hoping that as the new fighter wing comes in that things will pick back up again. The last time Holloman went to skeleton crew was in the early 90's right before the Stealths came in as it was in bad shape then but it picked back up once the F-117's came in.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that report Cathy as Natures Pantry sounds great !! I forgot to also mention earlier that FORMER city manager McCourt never repaired and opened the outdoor pool at Washington park also . As for the Mall being empty i'm hoping that as the new fighter wing comes in that things will pick back up again. The last time Holloman went to skeleton crew was in the early 90's right before the Stealths came in as it was in bad shape then but it picked back up once the F-117's came in.
I wonder why they didn't repair and open the pool again. Obsolete? Too expensive? Maybe the Family Rec Center made that pool unnecessary. I went by the FRC before I bought anythingn here, and it looks neat, other than the restricted hours for adult lap swimming. Once school starts, it gets better, though. Since it is a 50-yarder, I need to try it this winter. The PTC is just so easy and convenient. Even though there are just 4 lanes, the hours (6am to 5pm) make it so convenient! I have had to wait only one time, and that was about 10 minutes!

I will eventually park and go look at the Washington Park pool, which is closed and dry, as you know.

I hope the ramp up of Holloman and the new stealth fighters will rev the place up!!

I wonder who the new CM will be?

It seems that the former mayor, Don Caroll, was highly respected.

Yes? No? I don't know whether or not he was the mayor when you were here, though!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

I wonder who the new CM will be?

It seems that the former mayor, Don Caroll, was highly respected.

Yes? No? I don't know whether or not he was the mayor when you were here, though!
Right now the Asst CM is running the show as they'll have a national search i'm sure of.

I really liked Mayor Don Carrol. When i first moved to Alamo in 1985 he got started all the new housing areas at the Golf Course and across from the Mall as all those areas was just dirt back then. He tried to upgrade the infrustructire back then by replacing the old water/sewer lines and then repaving the streets but was constantly overided by the anti growth'ers on city council as they wanted taxes super low. He brought in Home Depot and Home Base stores and negotiated for the Cookie Factory at the old Presto plant there and expanded the golf course frm 9 to 18 holes.

He was stationed at Holloman thru out his airforce career and could have retired anywhere but he chose Alamo as he really loved the basin as i read in one of his interviews.

So far what i read about Mayor Brockett and this new city council sounds good as i believe they really mean business as for getting this city moving forward. I see the Mayor went to El Paso reciently to represent Alamo at a big military convention there to get more Army dollars flowing to Alamo which i thought was cool of him to do whether successful or not and i know he's met with Gov Richardson to let him know of Alamo's needs. Now get us another grocery store !!!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:07 AM

146 posts, read 440,563 times
..... sooooo.... 6/3, is it official that you're moving back to Alamo, if so, when?!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 AM

So far what i read about Mayor Brockett and this new city council sounds good as i believe they really mean business as for getting this city moving forward. I see the Mayor went to El Paso reciently to represent Alamo at a big military convention there to get more Army dollars flowing to Alamo which i thought was cool of him to do whether successful or not and i know he's met with Gov Richardson to let him know of Alamo's needs. Now get us another grocery store !!!

Sounds good to me, Harry!! Thanks for the history lesson!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBQuilts View Post
..... sooooo.... 6/3, is it official that you're moving back to Alamo, if so, when?!
Hi Cindy......

I'm trying for the end of the month but the 2 apts i'm interested in have no openings until sept so i have decisions to makes as to whether select another complex for 6 months lease or stay one more month up here until i can get in so we'll see what happens.

Can't wait to go trout fishing up in the mountains there and hanging out at the Western Bar and Cafe up in Cloudcroft .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico