Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Another question and that is does anyone go to health food stores in Alamo?? I see GNC is still at the Mall. How's Natures Pantry on New York ave. if anyone goes there. I thought Songinthewind goes there????

6/3, Natures Pantry is out on White Sands now near the Alamo Grill (Ramona's). Its much bigger and nicer.
Jane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,752 times
Thumbs down Rub it in !!!

Ok Chiligal and Sparkey,
Go ahead and rub it in! 8:30 pm here 93 degrees and not even breeze.

David

Old 07-19-2008, 03:54 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,642,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
6/3, Natures Pantry is out on White Sands now near the Alamo Grill (Ramona's). Its much bigger and nicer.
Jane
Thanks for that info Jane as i'll check it out when i'm there .

Old 07-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Congrats on the move 6/3.I know you have been itching for it. 98 here south of Big 'D'. Can't wait until we get up to Timberon permanetly. We will have to get together some time up there.
Hope to be back in September.

David
Thanks for the nice words Pipeweld.......

and 98 with humidity is very tough as i remember my Florida days although we did have the ocean to swim in the daytime but nights were still very sticky and sweaty on your skin and hair and lots of Mosquito's.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 PM

Hey Cathy !! Looks like the city is getting the ball rolling on getting things done and fixed up in Alamo. Again i really like the new council and also i see the acting city manager who is applying for permanent City Manager position is trying to impress the big wigs so to speak of.

Town hall focuses on capital projects - Alamogordo Daily News

Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Hey Cathy !! Looks like the city is getting the ball rolling on getting things done and fixed up in Alamo. Again i really like the new council and also i see the acting city manager who is applying for permanent City Manager position is trying to impress the big wigs so to speak of.

Town hall focuses on capital projects - Alamogordo Daily News
Yep, Harry, at least they are getting the ball rolling.

Fiesta Balloon Park?

Remember the so-called balloon festival last year? I walked out that morning to see several balloons go by the house, but the whole thing was largely a bust because of wind direction....all of the airspace over Holloman and WSMR that they are NOT supposed to enter.

So, it's a mystery to me why they would continue to try to promote a balloon festival and such. The same issue will come up every year. But the park will be neat with walking trails, et al.

Let's hear it for street repairs!!

It will be interesting to see who the new CM will be, whether the current temp or another.

BTW....I did go by the old Washington Park pool on my way home from swimming at the PTC. I parked, and got out and looked inside through the fence.

It's in very poor condition, small and probably not worth repairing. Even minor repairs for leaks and such are very expensive.

Have you seen the pool at the family rec center? It puts the old one to shame, and has outdoor during the summer and indoor during the winter.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,766 times
Cathy, even last year we had a lot of fun with the balloon fest. Wishwe could do it again this year, but will be out of town. But we have our names in for next year to help already.
Jane

Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
Yep Harry; Natures Pantry is a good place to buy a lot of things.
Try some of that Kombucha drink.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Yep Harry; Natures Pantry is a good place to buy a lot of things.
Try some of that Kombucha drink.
Kombucha sounds good!! It's a mushroom i think correct??

Old 07-26-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

BTW....I did go by the old Washington Park pool on my way home from swimming at the PTC. I parked, and got out and looked inside through the fence.

It's in very poor condition, small and probably not worth repairing. Even minor repairs for leaks and such are very expensive.

Have you seen the pool at the family rec center? It puts the old one to shame, and has outdoor during the summer and indoor during the winter.
I'm going to find out which city councilor represents that area and E-mail them and ask them are they going to fix it (Washington Pool) or tear it down. Yeap i've seen it and they put the roof cover over it in the winter time so people can still swim.

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 07-26-2008 at 02:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico