Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 AM

21 posts, read 164,889 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the information. I'm not very familiar with ABQ we thought about moving somewhere around there to be closer to my parents in Lake Havasu City, AZ but haven't been too serious with those thoughts yet just looking around. I don't miss I-5 in San Diego, that traffic makes ya nutz.

I do know everywhere you will always have updates to traffic patterns and nobody wants that as well with the retailers that come but kind of hard to defeat with population growth. lol

I appreciate you time and assistance and if ya don't mind I'll gather a few questions for ya.

thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post

Rio del Oro is not landlocked. There is access from Belen ,over the river, as well as from Los Lunas on the Manzano Expressway. The bridge is another discussion altogether. There is only one exit in Los Lunas and 3 in Belen. With all the development and increase in population in the area, Main St. in Los Lunas gets really clogged up. In order to alleviate this problem, the county would like to build another exit as well as another bridge over the Rio Grande that will allow a smoother flow for traffic. If you are familiar with Albuquerque, this is the same thing that happened with the Montano Bridge Project. It took over 30 years for that to happen but it did. People did not want a bridge going through their neighborhood. Valencia County residents (some, not all) believe the development of the bridge and exit for Los Lunas will take away farm land and lands that have been held for many years without development.The roads and bridges are needed so others will be able to get to their homes without all the traffic problems. The same is true for the project of widening Hiway 47. It's called progress and if people want a larger tax base to feed the projects, they will need to concede that it is imperative that something happen and it will more than likely be the bridge in Tome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM

35 posts, read 237,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowrabbits View Post
Hi I have been looking for some type of fixer uppers near ABQ. I have seen several decrepit trailers offered on the Meadowlakes area. They don't seem to sell. Not sure how your area relates. Marie
Meadowlakes is THE bad area in Los Lunas. There are lots of other places that would be a better bet for buying fixer-uppers. My recommendation would be to find a reputable real estate agent through referrals and let them help you pick a good area.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 PM

21 posts, read 164,889 times
Default Kaforeman..........

To help out "rainbowrabbits"

Can you give your reasons why you say Meadowlakes is bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaforeman View Post
Meadowlakes is THE bad area in Los Lunas. There are lots of other places that would be a better bet for buying fixer-uppers. My recommendation would be to find a reputable real estate agent through referrals and let them help you pick a good area.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 10,657 times
Default projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post
Rio del Oro is south of Belen, toward the Manzano mountains. Land values can vary from $500 to $5000 per lot. Not much out there but there are new developments planned for the area. Here are some photos of the area.
what new developments are planned Thanks

Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 5,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoorhouse View Post
Twallace,

I bought some land there as well. I was doing some research a company name falcon ridge development merged and went public and was to develop over 200 acres...

I guess that is where we sit today. The company is still listed on the stock exchange but about worthless. I assume that is where the "plans" that most will see has came from. I do know they have a train that just started I think in the western part of the land. We have thought about moving from South Carolina for a while and my parents are in AZ so this seemed a good location, actually we were looking more at homes in the ALQ area.

(broken link)
Were you by chance contacted by a Southwest Land Associates regarding the selling of your property?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 10,657 times
Is it true you need 3/4 of a acre of land to build on with septic and well in this county. Also what does the Valley Improvement Association do with all the money they collect.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:13 PM

11 posts, read 70,333 times
I am also trying to research the Rio Del Oro subdivision. My grandparents bought 6 parcels there a very long time ago and now my grandmother needs to sell them to continue funding her retirement (she turns 95 next month!).

I was hoping to determine a fair market value for the lots (2 contiguous lots near the base of the mountains and 4 contiguous lots near the western side and freeway). I was also curious to know how long it takes for lots to sell in this area, as I noticed there were a lot of them for sale on the internet with values ranging from $5,000 per lot to $10,000 per lot.

I also heard that you needed 3/4 acre to build, but only 1/2 acre for septic/well. How far into the subdivision has the City/County brought the electric/gas utilities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated by my grandmother and our family.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 PM

11 posts, read 70,333 times
Question Rio Del Oro Subdivision - INFORMATION

I posted this question at the end of a long thread related to Rio Del Oro, but never heard a reply, so suspect the locals moved on to reading other threads and didn't see my post. Therefore, I am going to start a fresh one.

I am trying to research the Rio Del Oro subdivision. My grandparents bought 6 parcels there a very long time ago and now my grandmother needs to sell them to continue funding her retirement (she turns 95 next month!).

I was hoping to determine a fair market value for the lots (2 contiguous lots near the base of the mountains and 4 contiguous lots near the western side and freeway). I was also curious to know how long it takes for lots to sell in this area, as I noticed there were a lot of them for sale on the internet with values ranging from $5,000 per lot to $10,000 per lot.

I also heard that you needed 3/4 acre to build, but only 1/2 acre for septic/well. How far into the subdivision has the City/County brought the electric/gas utilities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated by my grandmother and our family. I will most likely need to put her lots up for sale in the next few weeks.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 AM

57 posts, read 319,251 times
I've asked a friend to run some numbers for you and do a little research to see if he can't find some answers for you.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM

39 posts, read 269,390 times
The lots in Rio del Oro are marketed from $1500 acre to $17,500 per acre depending on where they are located. Actual figures on lots sold vary from $800 to $4000, once again depending on where they are. Rio del Oro is a very large chunk of land located between Belen and Los Lunas, east toward the Manzano Mountains. There are some homes going up in the area but the roads are mostly undeveloped. Some lots have services9power and gas) and some don't. You need to have at least one acre to have a septic tank and the well has to be a certain distance away from the septic. You can drill wells, and it is cheaper do drill in Rio del Oro than it is in the East Mountains. Some parts are zoned for homes, some for manufactured homes, commercial, townhomes,etc. you need to contact V-I-A.org for more information. Lots tend to sit on the market a long time.....Prices will depend on which Unit they are located in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico