Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times

Advertisements

Hi gdude, dracul and JDTH and anyone else that pops on here.

You crack me up Drac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,253,452 times
I'm here. Just a little bit of a rough day. The foot is fine, just the injection site is still a little tender. Another couple days and I won't feel it at all.

I hope everyone is fine!!

Song, did you get any rain today? The radar looks pretty lit up over that way. We might actually get some if it doesn't evaporate before it hits the ground. Lots of moisture in the air today.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Sorry you're having a bad day. Like you said, in a couple of days, it will be better.
No rain today. Maybe tonight though. We need the rain but the storming part I will skip.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM

ACME License Maker

You can make your own license plates. Not real ones, but fun ones.
Attached Thumbnails
The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-jdth-nm-plate.jpg  

Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	NM fun license plate.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	45605

Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 AM

It's actually raining in the desert. About 3:30 this morning I just about got knocked out of bed by an extreme clap of thunder. Rolling thunder for about another half hour and then it started to rain. We don't get much rain here so I went out side at about 4:00 a.m. to sit on the front porch and watch it rain and for a few seconds I thought I was dead meat. A huge bolt of lightening hit just across the street at the church and sent me scrambling back inside. Too close for comfort!! It has been raining since. We really need it.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:48 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
It's actually raining in the desert. About 3:30 this morning I just about got knocked out of bed by an extreme clap of thunder. Rolling thunder for about another half hour and then it started to rain. We don't get much rain here so I went out side at about 4:00 a.m. to sit on the front porch and watch it rain and for a few seconds I thought I was dead meat. A huge bolt of lightening hit just across the street at the church and sent me scrambling back inside. Too close for comfort!! It has been raining since. We really need it.
Didn't New Mexico come in 2nd. for deaths attributed to lightning strikes? Like, we lead the nation with that statistic?

You otta be careful.
there hay?

So, how much is a New Mexico vanity plate anyways?
Attached Thumbnails
The *Official* New Mexico "Off-Topic" Chat Thread-bfun.jpg  

Last edited by Hombre57; 07-21-2009 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: lic plate

Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
I think I would have had a heart attack right there in the chair.
It's gloomy here today, a few sprinkles but no major rain. It's cool and not humid so I'm happy about that.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I think I would have had a heart attack right there in the chair.
It's gloomy here today, a few sprinkles but no major rain. It's cool and not humid so I'm happy about that.
It pretty much scared the living c#%p of of me? The whole area lit up and the thunder was immediate shook the entire house. I am surprised it didn't blow out any windows. I just went out to watch it rain. In this part of the country it can be an event some times. I bit off more than I could chew on that one.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 PM

Does anyone watch the cooking show 'Chopped' ?
It comes on Tuesday evenings. I like competition shows where people are eliminated and then there is a winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico