Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM

33 posts, read 36,054 times

Advertisements

madisonG143 what's going on tomorrow???

Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM

365 posts, read 502,980 times
What's tomorrow??

Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM

62 posts, read 147,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
yeah pretty-mami..you went there and 1 person told you 1-thing..and another person told you something else?..why are they still advertising it in the newspaper then?..and if you go to the web-site..you can download the application too!..well here at la-terrazza they're still accepting applications
Exactly Right? I thought the exact same thing. But who knows the reason. I have my app for La Terraza ready to go, gonna mail it off in the am! Cant wait. Does anyone know of any other Affordable housing managements that are actually renting now besides Knickerbocker? If so please share

Old 08-23-2011, 04:30 AM

507 posts, read 690,144 times
Default yeah try..

ccmanagers.com

Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 AM

DANG!..i use to be here at forum everyday!..now that im in my new place/apartment im proberly on 2 times a week..but still i like to enlighting the new-comers to the hurdles and obsticles of gaining a dream apartment.I hope that with all of these new developements opening up all over the metropolitan area,that 1 can snag at lease-something!..I think when you see 1 being built-just walk to the main wall where they have the work orders posted and get the information for applications..mail just 1-application..because I filled out so many and was'nt keeping track and was dis-qualified for sending more than 1-application..so watch it on that!..and follow the guidelines..theres a new building on 161st courtlandt ave..and on 154st brook ave..it looks nice..even though its by that eyesore..still its brand spanking new..dont just focus on the bronx..they have apartments all over..staten island,brooklyn,manhattan..put it in-to get in.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 AM

8 posts, read 9,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimantics22 View Post
@mjavier8 I had Bonnie as my leasing agent- I work for NYPD and I asked her being that I work for the city- doesn't that increase my chances because I believe city workers are favored by 30 percent. She said she was not sure how that ties in with the process. I am also still waiting for a call back- Now that Bonnie isn't there any more, I'm a little disappointed because she was very helpful. I would like to know who's taking over her apps. Stay positive all
Bonnie was very helpful to me as well. Her replacement's name is Anna. She seems nice enough. I was told that my application still has not been submitted to the city. It has been almost two months since I started this process.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:39 AM

8 posts, read 9,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonG143 View Post
[SIZE=3]Thedawn, I notice you said you’ve been in your apartment for about 3 months. Be careful about how you break your lease.That stuff can follow you. [/SIZE]
That's the big dilemma. I moved into a fairly large one bedroom on Marble Hill. I love the location but the my contact in the management office is a d%c#. I still don't have kitchen cabinets or counter tops. I've burnt myself numerous times because I have to do all of the prep work on the stove top. I have holes in the floor of the bedroom and living room and this past week I CAUGHT TWO MICE! the bathroom has no mirror/medicine cabinet and the light fixture in my bedroom needs to be replaced. I really do like the apartment but when I ask for a break on the rent until everything is repaired and up to par I get hasselled. I want to look into legally breaking a lease if I get the BBTB apt. What is the hold up already anyway? I called Anna today to check on the status of my application and she said that it still has not been submitted to the city. smh

Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM

6 posts, read 6,882 times
hi everyone i really like this forum and all the shared information but madisonG143 that was cold thanks for letting us know whats going on we are all just dying to know...

Old 08-24-2011, 04:46 AM

Default the noise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMami View Post
Hello Everyone! I have just been reading all of your move in stories and experiences within this process and i am like ..soo anxious! I plan on applying to this development. I sent an app for 920 Westchester, but i am researching where else to apply. As far as income i meet it, just like the rest of you on here, and also im a full time city employee[ a new one tho so idk if that will matter???], sooo im going to be updating and checking to see you alls updates and sharing my story too if i get called. Im nervous and also anxious to see if my stars are aligned so that my luck strikes! Fingers,Toes,Arms,Legs,& Eyes are all CROSSED!
you really want to live by the subway??

Old 08-24-2011, 05:04 AM

thedawn-hey why are they witholding your application?..once the binder is done/finished they're to submit it pronto!..I think they're stalling you,please time is important on this..because whats the worse dilemma is for them to finally get back to you and tell you..you been placed on waiting list.
the apt in marble-hill has mice-huh?..well did you photograph them and told them to say-cheese?..well do what the romans do..bargin with them..withold that money..send-take pictures of all the damange as proof!..and if you gotta bounce outta that lease..hey its a whole lot of people looking for a place!..rent out a room if you must!..possibly a friend or family member..so the pressure wont be all on your shoulders-them people at BBTB..is picky and choosey,and will push your application to the rear..anything to push up their own..as i noticed the majority of workers there speak that mida-mida nonsense..so you figure??..im just saying,well im african american..and im not at least clueless on whats going on..inside or out!..i still dont understand why your documents have not been forwarded to the agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery