Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

103 posts, read 119,775 times

Advertisements

prettymami- I dont remember exactly when i applied because at the time i filled out many applications. but im guessing it was like 4-5 months ago. and like about 2 months ago i went to the interview and maybe 1 1/2 later sandra called me to tell me i got approved.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM

33 posts, read 36,070 times
Sandra told me yesterday that they will be calling me to sign the lease in a few days I hope she's not giving me the run around again, like when she told me I would be moving in on July 8.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM

19 posts, read 24,367 times
Default hvaldez

i even called again and she told me that 6 floor and up they were not ready but 6 floor and is ready to be moved in and i was like i had pick 6 floor 5 months ago and i asked her if i can go in and sign my lease, sandra was like im going to call u in 10 min. and she never did so i spoke to her manager ms. wills and she told me that she was gonna call me on monday. but my point is that one person is telling you one thing and another person is telling you another thing. im off from the 1st so im going righ to them.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 PM

103 posts, read 119,775 times
that sucks...I picked a high floor so i guess I have to keep on waiting- who knows how long...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM

19 posts, read 24,367 times
6 floor and down is ready

Old 08-24-2011, 01:40 PM

17 posts, read 23,142 times
I as well kept calling earlier today and no answer but i just called now and they kept me on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up. I am so fed up with all this nonsense. I believe they should have waited till the entire building is completed 100% to hold interviews and take deposits because this is so ridiculous!

I am waiting for response back by Friday. If I do not hear anything, I will go in next week and request my downpayment back.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 AM

62 posts, read 147,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty240 View Post
I am so fed up with all this nonsense. I believe they should have waited till the entire building is completed 100% to hold interviews and take deposits because this is so ridiculous!

I am waiting for response back by Friday. If I do not hear anything, I will go in next week and request my downpayment back.
I totally agree,from reading what you just wrote about it not even being finished, Thats wild. Like, I can see how someone could get so frustrated from waiting for an apartment that isnt even finished! They definitely should have waited until the whole building was completed. That way after you are approved you could actually walk thru and see the higher floors and lower floors just to have a better feel and choice of what you want. thats messed up.
How ,many floors is it supposed to be in TOTAL?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM

62 posts, read 147,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaldez213 View Post
prettymami- I dont remember exactly when i applied because at the time i filled out many applications. but im guessing it was like 4-5 months ago. and like about 2 months ago i went to the interview and maybe 1 1/2 later sandra called me to tell me i got approved.

At least you're IN !! [Congrats ofcourse!] Well since the building isnt even COMPLETE! Hopefully whenever it does get finished, this process will speed up & I get called hopefully and get approved and everybody lives happily ever after! haha. <<

Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,450,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMami View Post
I totally agree,from reading what you just wrote about it not even being finished, Thats wild. Like, I can see how someone could get so frustrated from waiting for an apartment that isnt even finished! They definitely should have waited until the whole building was completed. That way after you are approved you could actually walk thru and see the higher floors and lower floors just to have a better feel and choice of what you want. thats messed up.
How ,many floors is it supposed to be in TOTAL?
How are people even allowed to move in if the building isn't complete. Wouldn't they have to obtain a C.O.O from the city before hand?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
Hello, for the ppl that was able to get an apt, can you tell me how crucial the interview process was? and do use the persons credit as a big part of the selection process??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery