Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM

103 posts, read 119,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
yes my friend now you know my anger !! and why ?? im searching for help. and off course to that lady she dint get to read and understand what i was talking about!
Yea I completely understand you. I personally don't mind moving in next month but I want to know what's going on. I want to sign my lease already. You call these ppl and they never know anything....I hope the new management is better :-/

Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 AM

507 posts, read 690,144 times
..so you mean to tell me..you never had a cell-phone,car note..not even a gas..or cable bill in your name?..what!..you been renting rooms all your life!.credit-means building up as them things i listed..come on..are you a foreigner?..do you have a credit-card sir?..and you work for the city??/who you trynna-kid here on forum!?..nor less them at knickerbocker-im telling it real1..and im not sugar-coating anything!..and co-sign!?..I woud'nt co-sign my own mama!..im having problems collecting money from people who still owes me going back 20yrs!..like i said..when you come..you better come-CORRECT!..im not doubting they will..and im not doubting they aint..it just seem kinda odd..and strange at first sight..yeah we all gotton approved letters..but getting through the other obticles..is something else,and another story..at lease im a ******* living in my new apartment..and not on my sisters couch..or renting a-room..or even in a shelter.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 AM

801 posts, read 1,108,048 times
no deli 167st. you missunderstand all the message as well. yes i have bills on my name but as a backround credit check my problem is i dont have a big history. plus i dont own a penny thats my advatange of not owning nothing to nobody.everybodys issue is different. in my case for somebody to give me a cosign was hard to get . but since im RESPOSIBLE!! i earn and got the cosign.im happy for you at least you have youre apt. im not foreign what i mean when i say im new in this, this is my first time ever applying for this type of housing. im from PUERTO RICO.and our process is different.let me tell you something.1;at the begining of my forum i posted that the aproval by mouth was that the lady never told me that the city had to approve my aplication.2; i ask about how the process go after you see the apt and put out a deposit.3; since im emotionally excited to move im having all this issues !! and this is in one application only. that might happend for all next interviews.see im really looking for details as well.cuz if theres something wrong at that place ,trust and believe that i will search for same person that has been doing the screening.but now to many conclutions and no solutions.and since you look like (you know anything) i suggest you to learn how to read and pay atention to the forum,cuz im not here to debate !!!.and for the people that owns 20 yrs ago put down a warrant search to bring them up to justice!!! at least you will get youre rent money back...........

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaldez213 View Post
Yea I completely understand you. I personally don't mind moving in next month but I want to know what's going on. I want to sign my lease already. You call these ppl and they never know anything....I hope the new management is better :-/
see the fact that the building is never ready,the leases are set for certain people with( FAMILY) the city approval ,the closing out managment ,all this things makes look bad that building.eventually the workers also. TUESDAY morning i will not move from that office until they have me with my lease an thats a promise!!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 AM

16 posts, read 22,409 times
@hotblue78 just call these number 718-585-4195, 212-488-5007,718-585-1063 hope this helps.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 AM

317 posts, read 579,523 times
Deli be nice! Lol!.... Hotblue..... I understood exactly what and where you are coming from. I read and understand things wonderfully. What I just dont like is that not one person going through this process with them has had a positive experience. Everyone is having the same exact issues. The flip flopping is beyond exhausting. It would be nice for a change if someone came on this forum to say that they were approved, picked an apt, signed their lease and have their keys. That would be so encouraging to those going through this process. But instead you have people that picked apts and left a deposit, people that were approved but haven't viewed any apts, people that left deposits on apts they have never even seen. Oh and let's not forget about those that can't even get a damn call back! All in all hotblue I really wish all the best and just keep the forum posted because I'm sure at sine point the people at BBTB will eventually get it right.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacncer7783 View Post
@hotblue78 just call these number 718-585-4195, 212-488-5007,718-585-1063 hope this helps.
thanks !!! who are they???

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Deli be nice! Lol!.... Hotblue..... I understood exactly what and where you are coming from. I read and understand things wonderfully. What I just dont like is that not one person going through this process with them has had a positive experience. Everyone is having the same exact issues. The flip flopping is beyond exhausting. It would be nice for a change if someone came on this forum to say that they were approved, picked an apt, signed their lease and have their keys. That would be so encouraging to those going through this process. But instead you have people that picked apts and left a deposit, people that were approved but haven't viewed any apts, people that left deposits on apts they have never even seen. Oh and let's not forget about those that can't even get a damn call back! All in all hotblue I really wish all the best and just keep the forum posted because I'm sure at sine point the people at BBTB will eventually get it right.
thanks!! youre a ANGELGUARD. i understand that but i dont want nobody to think that im jumping from the sky to that building.thers a lot emotions and feelings behind this place and its like the end of the world.i just cross the river before i get over there! lol.. i dont have to tell my life but in this type forum i will say it. i was homeless for 4 years dealing by self out in the winter with no where to go,i been in almost all shelters in the city . i been there and today i live in a sharing apt brand new and work as a doorman in the city. do you believe in changes?? this is to clear the minds of some people that likes to judge and step on everybodies feet. well anything i will keep post. thanks

Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 PM

507 posts, read 690,144 times
..well in essense to finally see where you're coming from..im in no mood to hit no ones nerves here..but if you were dealing with the shelter system..try to deal/go to coalition of the homeless and get a referral..they're on fulton street in lower manhattan..i think 129 fulton st..or apply for nycha..some of the people moving into these hpd-newer housing programs are from the shelters..a lower margin though-and if they can accept welfare/section8..or S.S.I-but they tend to assist working class people..because they'll make more money going that route!..but as far as creditgoes..yes you gotta start somewhere..apply for a credit card..something like capitol one-establish some credit still..you have a job/work..so spending a few dollars isnt all that bad..even if you get a metro-card every week..its a start..yes im sorry for that crack up..its not really my character-this is'nt facebook!..still i been denied from BBTB..and it was'nt because of my income..but a bulls@%t cell-phone bill..and i was'nt told to get a co-signer..and you was!?..and I have/had credit!..so when i heard/saw that you implied that1..I said WHAT!!..hell no!..they better re-check their s%@t!..or ill come back there and open a can of whoop-ass!..yes we all went down that road-I was even getting headaces..and biting my nails down to the skin..sometimes bleeding my fingers..not to mention the sleepless nights..and dreaming of sticking the keys in my new door. the forum..being here really taught me how to prepare and deal with patience and having faith..dont ever give up your faith!..and to pass on the love to someone else in need.
I can't believe im on the 60th page here..and i started in febuary..i filled out well over 30-applications and dealt with the interviews..so it kinda works your nerves..getting copies of your financial statements..check stubs..there are alot of newer buildings coming up in the bronx..you will snag 1..thats all you need!..and it'll be before years end..keep your faith..right stephanie?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 PM

16 posts, read 22,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
thanks !!! who are they???
those are the numbers to the Knickerbocker management and Bruckner by the bridge offices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery