Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 AM

184 posts, read 334,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elev one View Post
How many days after initial walk through did you get your closing letter?
thats hard to answer since they pushed thru a bunch of "initial" walk thru appointments even without mortgage commitments. for many who started the process almost a year ago they did their walk thru towards the end. I did my walk thru 3 weeks ago and the underwriter called yesterday to ask for info and said she'd call again next week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM

feeling kind of luke warm (like your water situation) about Chase Mortgage. Seems like there is a breakdown in processing my mortgage with paperwork not being handed over from one dept to the next. Now I'm told the mortgage person is going on vacation. Hope my stuff does not sit on her desk until she returns.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM

139 posts, read 189,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
feeling kind of luke warm (like your water situation) about Chase Mortgage. Seems like there is a breakdown in processing my mortgage with paperwork not being handed over from one dept to the next. Now I'm told the mortgage person is going on vacation. Hope my stuff does not sit on her desk until she returns.
You are not alone - Chase processing is really horrible - it takes forever to gather docs, they give you incorrect info, etc. It has been quite frustrating. Dave Forbes was great but the moment things went into processing, forget about it...

They really need a strong Operations Team lead or a different system to track docs.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 PM

24 posts, read 44,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post

Marshland,

Chase has given me the run around as well...different stories from different ppl. I have had to push back my closing date because these ppl keep going back and forth with the mortgage. Apparently this is normal but is wasn't until i called the supervisor that I began to feel like they were treating my case as a priority. I suggest you do the same.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM

29 posts, read 69,079 times
I was having issues with Citi. Departments in the same bank didn't seem to communicate with one another. I bank with Citi but they still needed me to send them a copy of the cancelled down payment check to show that it was actually paid. I assumed that since it was a citi check from my citi checking account, they would have access to it but that was not the case. I have realized I know very little about this process. I dealt with a couple of very helpful people, and one key person who was unresponsive and slowed everything down to crawl. I ended up checking in with everyone I was dealing with weekly, if not more, to make sure they had whatever they needed and to facilitate whatever I could.

I am not quite done, my closing date isn't set yet, but my bank just approved the mortgage loan. It's been just about 4 months from when I submitted the mortgage application. There were no issues with my credit or income so maybe 4 months is just how long it takes to get a mortgage approval.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 AM

27 posts, read 39,027 times
My wife and I went with Dave Forbes at Chase, we started the process in the beginning of Oct and closed last week. The time table and estimated closing amount was what Dave Forbes told us. In between applying for the loan and closing it was hurry up and wait, mostly because of the building was not ready.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 AM

8 posts, read 12,539 times
New to the forum, but happily living in the building.

For those of you who are also already moved in--how have you been screwing things into the walls, finding studs, etc.? Are certain screws required?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:35 AM

49 posts, read 79,534 times
What I did for both my rooms was get a Tension Shower Curtain Rod and used that. No need to make holes or anything.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Swanson View Post
New to the forum, but happily living in the building.

For those of you who are also already moved in--how have you been screwing things into the walls, finding studs, etc.? Are certain screws required?

Thanks!
studs are 16inches on center, so if you tap along you will hear the hollow vs hard sound...I believe the studs are aluminum and not wood but I might be wrong. Go to home depot...regular drywall hooks will work, if its heavy you will need anchors/screws that are made for that particular weight...if its a big mirror then use 2 anchors/screws to distribute the weight.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 AM

39 posts, read 74,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
What I did for both my rooms was get a Tension Shower Curtain Rod and used that. No need to make holes or anything.
I agree plus I'm not a handy person. This is what I did for the bathroom. I'm not sure on what to do with the huge windows. Did you also use the tension rod for your windows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery