Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM

49 posts, read 79,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
My bathroom door also swings out. What other disability features do you have? I haven't though about that but now that you mention it I'm trying to remember.
My bathroom also swing out. I think all doors swing out but the rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 PM

47 posts, read 84,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
The only thing when you hire someone to do anything for your apartment they need to show insurance. So be careful, the super will ask for that. I'm not saying don't hire him or anything. I know when my uncle came to do my apartment he told me we need paper work..
Lou DeGuara has all of his NYC bonding/insurance up to date. He can provide our coop with all necessary paperwork. Thanks for bringing that up, we have to hire contractors who have insurance to protect all owners of the building! Don't just have a friend or family member come help you do something! You will be liable for all kinds of damages in the long run and may be forced out of the building for just that.

Good point!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 AM

184 posts, read 334,894 times
I just reviewed the Offering Plan and it clearly states you can decorate your apartment as you see fit. Tiling your backsplash, painting, wallpaper are cosmetic and do not require permission nor a licensed contractor. If you are re-tiling your bathroom or replacing fixtures (cabinets etc) then you need permission to remove & replace. With that being said, if you are hiring a contractor to do "any" work for you then you should make sure that they are licensed, bonded and insured. That is just common sense.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 PM

47 posts, read 84,240 times
Just had our final walkthrough today...the builders assured me the hot water situation is only because only 20 units have moved in so far. The system will offer up hot water within seconds once more folks have moved in.

Also, we are 100% SOLD. Yea!

Getting so excited to call East Harlem home...only a week away!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM

39 posts, read 74,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnick View Post
Has anyone who closed gotten their $100 deposit back for the offering plan? I forgot to ask about it...
Hi NYCNICK, In case you didn't get answer, this is the response I got from LaCelia's office"The Sponsor has informed us that they are writing out individual checks for buyers that didn't receive their refund during the closing and will deliver them to the building when they are ready."

Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM

23 posts, read 44,241 times
Someone should really follow up on the $100 refund. I can definitely see them not making that a priority.

Great to finally have people moved in!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM

139 posts, read 190,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Hi NYCNICK, In case you didn't get answer, this is the response I got from LaCelia's office"The Sponsor has informed us that they are writing out individual checks for buyers that didn't receive their refund during the closing and will deliver them to the building when they are ready."
I got mine at the closing together with the interest accrued on the down payment.

On another note, where can I find the cards for the laundry machines?

Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM

27 posts, read 39,136 times
Default Laundry Card

Laundry cards are in the binder along with the warranties.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 PM

26 posts, read 42,121 times
I'd love to have my mailbox key. Not sure why it plus the offering plan $100. Thanks Chanti924 for the info on the reund.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 PM

12 posts, read 18,015 times
Hi, I've been reading the thread since around page 50 or so and I just did a word search with no luck. Wondering if anyone has worked with atty Gibbs? He's on the La Celia list. I'm just looking for feedback on the experience and if there were any unexpected/additional fees? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery