Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 AM

20 posts, read 40,037 times

Advertisements

I will use this forum to provide a brief update on the sales activity at La Celia. I will not respond to questions here, as this is not the proper way to communicate. PLEASE DO NOT ASK. In addition, since I will not respond to questions; I will not respond when I read inaccurate information. I am not the blog police.

Sales are now moving briskly. We have 40 sales including Cb#11 and other preferences. We anticipate reaching Non-preference applicants by the middle of October (only #1-#600 have sent docs). Upon conclusion of the first round of non-preference appointments, we will schedule appointments in groups of 100. We don't want to over book.

Apartment availability: There are many Studios, 1 Bedrooms, and 2 Bedrooms.

Studio: Floors 2-7 Priced from $140,000 to $190,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 2-6 Priced at $ 260,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 7-11 Priced at $ 290,000
2 Bedrooms: Floors 4-8 Priced at $373,000
Parking Spaces: Priced at $19,000 ( approx. 20 of 40 sold)
Balcony and Terraces: All sold
Square footage and monthly maintenance will be discussed at the interviews.

I hope this was helpful.

Mike Reed, Selling Agent

This post is not an offer to sell. An offering plan has been filed with the Attorney General of the State of New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 AM

131 posts, read 338,643 times
Well, Shut the front door ! right from the source.

Thanks, the information is much appreciated.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 PM

338 posts, read 679,334 times
Thanks, Mike, much appreciated.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM

25,440 posts, read 37,289,554 times
Thank you, Mike.
Nice and straightforward.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM

139 posts, read 190,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCelia Sales View Post
I will use this forum to provide a brief update on the sales activity at La Celia. I will not respond to questions here, as this is not the proper way to communicate. PLEASE DO NOT ASK.

Mike Reed, Selling Agent
Mike, are we to reach you at the posted sales office numbers if we would like to discuss any aspect of the application? Or has the number changed?

Good to see someone organized and up to speed with the social web as a channel to communicate.

We as a group of future owners would appreciate regular updates.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM

184 posts, read 334,730 times
Great update Mike. Thank you.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM

15 posts, read 27,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCelia Sales View Post
I will use this forum to provide a brief update on the sales activity at La Celia. I will not respond to questions here, as this is not the proper way to communicate. PLEASE DO NOT ASK. In addition, since I will not respond to questions; I will not respond when I read inaccurate information. I am not the blog police.

Sales are now moving briskly. We have 40 sales including Cb#11 and other preferences. We anticipate reaching Non-preference applicants by the middle of October (only #1-#600 have sent docs). Upon conclusion of the first round of non-preference appointments, we will schedule appointments in groups of 100. We don't want to over book.

Apartment availability: There are many Studios, 1 Bedrooms, and 2 Bedrooms.

Studio: Floors 2-7 Priced from $140,000 to $190,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 2-6 Priced at $ 260,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 7-11 Priced at $ 290,000
2 Bedrooms: Floors 4-8 Priced at $373,000
Parking Spaces: Priced at $19,000 ( approx. 20 of 40 sold)
Balcony and Terraces: All sold
Square footage and monthly maintenance will be discussed at the interviews.

I hope this was helpful.

Mike Reed, Selling Agent

This post is not an offer to sell. An offering plan has been filed with the Attorney General of the State of New York.

"Crickets" Michael Reed has silenced the board with his extensive information? Thanks again Michael and hurry up can call my number 2600'ssssss

Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM

139 posts, read 190,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bespoke View Post
"Crickets" Michael Reed has silenced the board with his extensive information? Thanks again Michael and hurry up can call my number 2600'ssssss
Mike has silenced the questions on availability and who will be called when.

I would like to know why the closing costs worksheet given at the interview differs by about 5K from what my lawyer calculated.

That is NOT discussed at interviews and the info given is either misleading or the Offering Plan is misleading-one of the two. That is why many people get sticker shock.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:52 PM

71 posts, read 118,808 times
What I would like to know is what happens to those apartments that are "SOLD" if someone hits a wall at closing time. Does that apt go back into.the pool or is it offered to the next lot #?

Whatever happens, if they have "SOLD" 40 apts, they only need to sell 21 more to get the cert of occ....so its probably safe to say that people will be moving in by March 2013.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 AM

184 posts, read 334,730 times
yeah more questions!!! lol I was saying the same thing to myself...Mike silenced the group but in a good way.

108th Street...you said your lawyer calculated this but what are they using? Have they contacted your mortgage company/bank and used a complete listing fee schedule from them or is he using a general fee structure? If you are using Chase you will be on the high end of the closing cost. Your lawyer may be using a high end fee breakdown and at closing you'd find you only need to come in with less. If he/she is using your mortgage/banks fees then it's probably spot on.

hopedtobeblessed...your assessment sounds right....March is a good bet...I was thinking just by targeting the first time homebuyers/studios that pushes it close to the magic number... You also asked about "back in the pool or next on log" I do recall them stating that there was a waiting list on specific apartments (they were offered a different unit) so I'd imagine that they'd offer it to the person on that wait list unless of course they already closed on their unit. However, since they had to be in escrow after 10 days of an offering plan and have 5 months to find financing I think it may be highly doubtful that this could happen (hit the wall at closing..are you a runner?). You never know though...I'm basing this on what was posted since the offering plans went out around Sept 1st (or week before) and what people posted as what the requirements were...if your unit isn't available now then don't give up...the fat lady hasn't sung!!!

Did everyone see that the FED stated yesterday that the interest rates would stay at an all time low until 2015??? So do not lock yourself into anything if you did not get a great quote on an interest rate....let your finances stay clean for a few months and you may get a much better rate down the road!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery