Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 AM

131 posts, read 338,378 times

Advertisements

Just thinking of some of you guys that we haven't heard from in a while. Just wondering where you are along in the process and how it is going for you. Thaddeus Maximus, Spaha, RickR86, and anyone else who I may have missed that has been called and started the process already. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM

29 posts, read 69,114 times
I have a log # in the 600's, so I hope to hear from someone soon. Can anyone tell me how they were contacted for the interview? I am on pins and needles and a little paranoid that I will miss however they try to contact me. I only was contacted by mail to drop of my financials in June. Is it just a letter for the follow up, or do they call/email you as well?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg8215 View Post
I have a log # in the 600's, so I hope to hear from someone soon. Can anyone tell me how they were contacted for the interview? I am on pins and needles and a little paranoid that I will miss however they try to contact me. I only was contacted by mail to drop of my financials in June. Is it just a letter for the follow up, or do they call/email you as well?
Hi mg8215,

I am also anxiously waiting, and hoping they still have a one bedroom for $260,000 left. At last count though it didn't look good, but anything is possible. I'm assuming they will contact us the same way they did before.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM

184 posts, read 334,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
Hi mg8215,

I am also anxiously waiting, and hoping they still have a one bedroom for $260,000 left. At last count though it didn't look good, but anything is possible. I'm assuming they will contact us the same way they did before.
Soon2b...i think it does look good for you on the one bedroom @ your price since you are in the 600 group. I hoped they would have called you by now so I could get my papers in order....at least put me out of my misery...lol

Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM

did anyone get pre-approved or just pre-qualified for a mortgage prior to submitting your paperwork? I was pre-qualified last week and wondering if I should go they extra step and get pre-approved at this time.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM

I just got prequalification letter, If the pre-approval expires before they call you, then you would have to apply again, which is not good for your credit.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 PM

12 posts, read 19,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
That's great info Bobby...what is interesting is that Bank of America (I think) was at the info seminar but they aren't offered as an option. A friend who is Weichert says BofA is doing great work in mortgages in NYC.

Does anyone recall this and have contact info ?
1) I never recieved any notification about an info seminar, so I feel a little blind in the process......anyway, a quick update on the idea of using a bank other then Chase or Citibank. While I may be able to find a lender that offers better rates, unfortunately they will not lock the rate past 30-45 days. Since closing isn't until Spring, you would need to renogiate the mortgage again, and it may be higher in the Spring. So it seems much safer to go with a SONAMA mortgage and lock yourself in at 3-3.5% (based on your income), guaranteed for 240 days.

2) While conferring with Dave forbes at Chase, he asked for a check for the SONYMA commitment fee, (1% of the loan amount). I didnt see this fee in the closing cost estimate......is this refundable? Any other unlisted fees I should be aware of?

BOBBY

Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 PM

12 posts, read 19,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
did anyone get pre-approved or just pre-qualified for a mortgage prior to submitting your paperwork? I was pre-qualified last week and wondering if I should go they extra step and get pre-approved at this time.
I obtained a pre-qualification from my local Chase branch as asked by the La Celia sales staff. The mortage broker checked our income levels, assets and credit history prior to giving us a pre-qualification letter.

BOBBY

Last edited by FP10029; 11-25-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP10029 View Post
1) I never recieved any notification about an info seminar, so I feel a little blind in the process......anyway, a quick update on the idea of using a bank other then Chase or Citibank. While I may be able to find a lender that offers better rates, unfortunately they will not lock the rate past 30-45 days. Since closing isn't until Spring, you would need to renogiate the mortgage again, and it may be higher in the Spring. So it seems much safer to go with a SONAMA mortgage and lock yourself in at 3-3.5% (based on your income), guaranteed for 240 days.

2) While conferring with Dave forbes at Chase, he asked for a check for the SONYMA commitment fee, (1% of the loan amount). I didnt see this fee in the closing cost estimate......is this refundable? Any other unlisted fees I should be aware of?

BOBBY
Bobby, ask Dave Forbes about the fee. when you lock into a rate for that long you usually pay some sort of fee and will have to pay it again after the lock in date expires to continue to receive that rate. Refundable? doubtful but ask Dave.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM

47 posts, read 84,128 times
Hello All, Just wanted to post some more info. What an informative thread. My log number was #74. I was offered a 2 bedroom just before Sandy hit. This is what I know... no more storage units are left. I was told the only 2 bedrooms left were in the higher price bracket. For anyone NOT planning to stay in the building for 15 years, keep this in mind. When you sell, there is a flip tax that must be paid, even if you are unable to make a profit(within 5 years) also, you WILL have to pay back the money subsidized by the government agencies. For my apt that is over $80k, for the lower priced units, that will be much higher. It will be pro-rated per year that you live there, but even in year 14 you will have to pay some of the money back. It looks like we will all be neighbors for a very long time. Let us be nice to each other!

Our maintenance was a little over $700, but these are merely estimates. They could go up considerably if the building costs more than they thought to operate. I didn't realize this initially. Hopefully they over compensated and they actually end up being lower than we were quoted! The fee for the bike room(one bike per apt) is $10 per month. The proposed maintenance for each parking spot is $105 more per month.

Has anyone heard if there are fees to the workout room? So far I only have one amendment to the offering plan. Has anyone received any additional amendments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery