Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 AM

39 posts, read 74,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP10029 View Post
Chanti924, thanks for the info. Did Dave offer 3.0% or did you have to negotiate that rate? How long did the process take?

I was waiting to hear back from Dave, I heard he was away after the storm so I started soliciting mortgages from other banks. I have to admit, no one quoted 3%. So perhaps I should give Chase a try again.

Thanks,

BOBBY
Steve & FP10029, I'm always negotiating but honestly I don't think it matters here. I believe, I got the 3% because I make less than $68,710 a year, first time buyer, and I didn't take the DPAL (Down Payment Assistance Loan), . The rate is higher if you take it. Also, Chase gave me a LMI discount off the closing costs which for me it came out to about $1,500. It's a discount for investing in a low to moderate income area. You have to call Dave in the evenings on his cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 AM

184 posts, read 334,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Steve & FP10029, I'm always negotiating but honestly I don't think it matters here. I believe, I got the 3% because I make less than $68,710 a year, first time buyer, and I didn't take the DPAL (Down Payment Assistance Loan), . The rate is higher if you take it. Also, Chase gave me a LMI discount off the closing costs which for me it came out to about $1,500. It's a discount for investing in a low to moderate income area. You have to call Dave in the evenings on his cell.
3.0% is awesome good for you...is this for a 30 year or 15 year fixed?

I'm gonna have to write down all of these letters, LMI, DPAL to get myself a great rate too! LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve kershaw View Post
Is there an income requirement to obtain SONYMA w/CHASE? 3% is darn good.
Steve, yes there is...go to sonyma and read the requirements. I tried to find it on the page but couldn't. However it does state there are income limits...

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
3.0% is awesome good for you...is this for a 30 year or 15 year fixed?

I'm gonna have to write down all of these letters, LMI, DPAL to get myself a great rate too! LOL
LOL! Thanks. Yes it for a 30 year fixed.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP10029 View Post
My lawyer has said this regarding non-preferred lenders:

"The thing is, Chase and Citi have both now cleared the building for closings, i.e., approved the building internally to make loans. If another bank can say that won't be an issue for them then you can go ahead and use them, but you need to ask that question to make sure it won't be a problem down the road"

BOBBY
That's great info Bobby...what is interesting is that Bank of America (I think) was at the info seminar but they aren't offered as an option. A friend who is Weichert says BofA is doing great work in mortgages in NYC.

Does anyone recall this and have contact info ?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Steve, yes there is...go to sonyma and read the requirements. I tried to find it on the page but couldn't. However it does state there are income limits...
Yes there is an income requirement it's $68,710 a yr. For the rates and more info go to Sonyma products in www.nyhomes.org.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
LOL! Thanks. Yes it for a 30 year fixed.
Perfect! I'm really psyched for you...

Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
That's great info Bobby...what is interesting is that Bank of America (I think) was at the info seminar but they aren't offered as an option. A friend who is Weichert says BofA is doing great work in mortgages in NYC.

Does anyone recall this and have contact info ?
Yes I remember because I got my prequalification from Nigel Hypolite in BOfA back in June. He was on La Celia's preferred lender list. In my second interview with La Celia, I brought this up and they said BOfA back down from the project. I was annoyed because BOfA ran my credit for no reason.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM

131 posts, read 338,602 times
Quote:
This response has prompted me to say once again, how much I and I know others appreciate how everyone, including the newcomers have been so forthcoming with information. It will/has, proven to be very very helpful. With that said, I previously looked into information about the sonyma loans, but I wasn't totally clear on what discounts applied to get the best rates, discounts. I now understand more of what I read about regarding the different assistance they have based on your information. Thanks again.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
This response has prompted me to say once again, how much I and I know others appreciate how everyone, including the newcomers have been so forthcoming with information. It will/has, proven to be very very helpful. With that said, I previously looked into information about the sonyma loans, but I wasn't totally clear on what discounts applied to get the best rates, discounts. I now understand more of what I read about regarding the different assistance they have based on your information. Thanks again.
Thank YOU for starting this thread as it has been very helpful for me too. This is all new to me. As for the LMI (low to moderate income) discount applies to all of us it doesn't matter how much you make because of the property location and most banks offer them. Just ask for it every little bit helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery