Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 AM

23 posts, read 44,140 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if February is still realistic given they need to provide 30 days notice prior to closing. I don't think the building has been converted to co-op yet. Does anyone have the scoop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM

184 posts, read 334,438 times
As I posted earlier I was told while in the office they were looking to start next month and another posting stated they were preparing to start walk-thrus. The walk throughs, closings and move-ins are all scheduled events so my guess would be the process will begin for those ready & able. It will take sometime to get each buyer through each step since it's handled by lawyers, sponsor and mgmt company. Your lawyer can confirm the steps as outlined in the offering plan. Of course this is all assuming what we have heard is correct.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 AM

49 posts, read 79,546 times
Hello everyone, I'm also on the waiting to do the walk thur on the apartment. I called the office about a week ago and they said hopefully to start in late February or the beginning of march. We been waiting, I just can't wait anymore. We picked our apartment July of last year.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM

has anyone utilized Citibank with a sonyma first time home buyer mortgage? Wonder if anyone looked at Chase vs Citibank..The rates should be the same with the sonyma for a first time home buyer low interest rate program but perhaps I'm wrong. If anyone has first hand knowledge I'd love to hear from you.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM

49 posts, read 79,546 times
Sorry wouldn't know I have chase. If someone else has citi loan we can compare and see which one is lower or better.. My loan is for 270000. Monthly pay is 1138 and maintanc is around 765

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 AM

131 posts, read 338,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
has anyone utilized Citibank with a sonyma first time home buyer mortgage? Wonder if anyone looked at Chase vs Citibank..The rates should be the same with the sonyma for a first time home buyer low interest rate program but perhaps I'm wrong. If anyone has first hand knowledge I'd love to hear from you.

Hi Marshland,

I had the opportunity to compare both banks, and receive gfe, and What I found was that if you are going the sonyma route, imho, Dave @Chase is the man. He has a lot of experience and has specialized w/that type of loan. Not that another loan officer could not do it. The rates would be the same regardless of which bank you went with.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 AM

ThANK YOU LQQK & SOON2B....any info we can share that helps maneuver this process can benefit us all.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
A&E

11 posts, read 19,411 times
I just received a call from La Celia to schedule our initial walkthrough.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&E View Post
I just received a call from La Celia to schedule our initial walkthrough.
Thats great! Congrats...

Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
A&E

11 posts, read 19,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
Thats great! Congrats...
Thank you, hopefully this means the process will begin to move a bit faster for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery