Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM

49 posts, read 79,555 times

Advertisements

Today was our last walk thur, loved the way the building is coming along. Also mail is being delivered to the building and few people have moved in. Our closing date is Monday this coming week. And closing cost for us is around 8600
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,946 times
I have been reading the blog in the last few days. I have to say this is going to be a good group of people! Good energy! I am closing on Tuesday and I am so happy to move to La Celia!

I am using Moishe's Movers http://www.moishes.com. The company was recommended to me by a friend. They have very good rates especially if you are not moving a lot of stuff.

Last edited by nyclady0108; 04-12-2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 PM

3 posts, read 4,467 times
I had my final inspection and closing today. Evertything went smoth. They told me that there are 5 apartements occupied. They gave me the keys for the mail at the inspection. The apartment looks great. I am moving next week. The process of the closing was about an hour.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 AM

131 posts, read 338,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2013 View Post
I had my final inspection and closing today. Evertything went smoth. They told me that there are 5 apartements occupied. They gave me the keys for the mail at the inspection. The apartment looks great. I am moving next week. The process of the closing was about an hour.
Congrats to you Summer, I know the relief you must be feeling.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM

131 posts, read 338,480 times
Default Sven Moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108thSt View Post
I am interested, so please let us know how you like them.

I got a quote of $600 for a full one bedroom from Movers, Not Shakers in Brooklyn.
They were excellent, they were very professional, they showed up on time, they got right to work, and did not waste a mintue the whole move time. The job was finished within the 3 hour time period. The longest period of time of course was the travel time. Ask for Kyle and James, they really worked well together. I am going to give them a nice review on yelp.

As long as you are ready and packed to go, it will go well.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:14 AM

49 posts, read 79,555 times
Got a question to ask. Did your lawyers charge for SONYMA, even though you did all the work to get the application done your self.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM

184 posts, read 334,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
Got a question to ask. Did your lawyers charge for SONYMA, even though you did all the work to get the application done your self.
the lawyers charge a flat rate regardless of what is done. your lawyer, sponsors lawyer, bank lawyer, you pay them all...

Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclady0108 View Post
I have been reading the blog in the last few days. I have to say this is going to be a good group of people! Good energy! I am closing on Tuesday and I am so happy to move to La Celia!

I am using Moishe's Movers Moishe's® New York Movers & Storage, Local Movers NYC Moving Companies Quotes. The company was recommended to me by a friend. They have very good rates especially if you are not moving a lot of stuff.
moishe is a very questionable company....good luck...they may or may not show up and might send someone else in their place. They have changed names thru the years...

Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waiting1001 View Post
Is this 2 bedroom still available? Which Floor? No more one bedroom?
Thanks
I was told in the office only 1 - 2 bedroom unit was avail @ $373k and based on price would be a higher floor. the lower the price the lower the floor..

Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHesitantOne View Post
108thSt, thanks that is an insightful answer. I know you have been on this thread from the beginning. Have you moved in yet?

I have another question when time comes to sell I understand there will still be income limits equal to mean of income for the area this will go on for 30 years until HDC loan is paid off. What about asset limits for me it was $144K which I off course don not have, but for the second buyer do the asset limits also apply? I think offering only mentions mean income including trust funds, pensions, dividends etc... I don't think I have seen anything about assets.

Thanks.

P.S.
I drove by the building yesterday night 10-11 pm and there was one window with lights on the south side facing the park (kind of) maybe 8th floor . Is some one in there already? Is that person on the forum? Congrats on moving in.
Your unit restrictions are different from mine...you can sublet and I can not...I have a huge resale restriction yours does not. The resale of all units will be based on area income at that time. The profits will depend on your length of ownership. No one makes $$ on real estate in 5 years unless there is a huge upswing in the economy or you are flipping a property. Because of closing cost and interest rates they's minimal equity. The subsidy of each unit also makes it almost impossible to make a profit in 5 years. If you lose your job your hope would be to walk away without a loss and that should be a deciding factor.
You asked about parking or did you? Every time I've been at the building their is street parking available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery