Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 AM

131 posts, read 338,510 times

Advertisements

It was nice meeting Spaha, and the other bloggers that have moved in, (but haven't posted). We have a nice community in the making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread in the hopes of getting information on buying an affordable coop. There's another project which is I the final stages, it's called The Park clinton, in Hell's Kitchen. Maybe I'll start a thread on that one since this one has been so helpful.

I was wondering if anyone here received help for the down payment or you had to come up with the money on your own. My husband and I are saving as much as we can with one income, but we're not sure if we are going to have enough when the time comes.

Sorry for hijacking the thread and thanks in advanced!

Do it! the question is @ what point to start the thread, to early then it becomes long and drawn out.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times
I havent closed yet and kind of left hanging...I received my mortgage commitment and now all I hear are crickets chirping...have to email everyone and their mother today to see whats what..

Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM

36 posts, read 56,747 times
For those that already closed, did you close on the initial date given by your bank?
Or did you get a second closing date for X reason? Just want to know how soon should I start selling furniture!

Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM

49 posts, read 79,568 times
We closed on our given date but my lawyer asked me for a early date but I couldn't. It all depends if there are any open dates were they can do more then one close.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 PM

49 posts, read 79,568 times
It was good to meet our new neighbor soontobehomeowner hope to see more in the next few days.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM

24 posts, read 44,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
El Barrio,

I am pushing for you!

Thanks soon2b! I'm still waiting to hear from the bank that I have been cleared and my closing is in less than 10 days. I'll be on Dave's back calling him like crazy this week.

On another note, I guess you should change your name since your are no longer soon to be!
Oh and question, how soon after the closing did all of you move? I haven't done anything about selling furniture, I guess i'm still nervous and until I get that key, I wont believe it.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Default right back @you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
It was good to meet our new neighbor soontobehomeowner hope to see more in the next few days.
Likewise Lqqk, it was really nice meeting the two of you!

Old 04-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Default What's in a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
Thanks soon2b! I'm still waiting to hear from the bank that I have been cleared and my closing is in less than 10 days. I'll be on Dave's back calling him like crazy this week.

On another note, I guess you should change your name since your are no longer soon to be!
Oh and question, how soon after the closing did all of you move? I haven't done anything about selling furniture, I guess i'm still nervous and until I get that key, I wont believe it.
no way, I am keeping that name, it worked well for me! LOL

I felt the same way, until it's all said and done, I won't believe it, but then you may end up getting stuck w/ a lot of stuff that you didn't plan to keep. I moved 2 weeks later,

Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM

26 posts, read 44,321 times
Hey all! So nice meeting some of you and can't wait til we get more of you in!! I moved 2 days after my closing (couldn't wait another second!)

On a slightly less cheery note...anyone else having serious issues with hot water in their shower? I had it for about a second once and now it's consistently lukewarm at best. Not cool. I need my hot showers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery