Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,099,276 times

Advertisements

Oh bty..thanks for the compliment of my name lololol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM

75 posts, read 311,604 times
Yes, my interview was in brooklyn as well but i applied to live in the bronx. i believe all outreach interviews are being held in the bronx. I was told it could take up to 6months as well but not 1year and someone told me (off the record) that have 3months to atleast start on your interview process when your in outreach but as you said i will keep you all posted and i hope you do the same <3
anytime on the compliment lol. but there is a difference thats why it is an outreach but i understand i just want out and be able to make it in the world without really having to worry to support my family. Thank you ladies i enjoyed the talk im still excited i had the chance to go through the interview process knowing i am a step forward tho..
Trust me i went through the streets to sumones apt, sumones room to the streets again and into a shelter all before the age of 18 so i know it is tough and i am still going through it now so i know this is the best for me and after this i am going to work on getting my life together. this is going to be more than just an apt to me when they do call me back

Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 AM

175 posts, read 459,697 times
im realizing that they both told you in your brooklyn interview that it takes up to 6 months. im not sure why my interview told me three. if she told me 6 months my brain wouldnt be so focused on this three month thing. but up to 6 months means october so i def need to sign my lease. im going to ask for a month to month or a 6 month lease. im not really trying to go back in the shelter jus because of all the rules then i have to change my address and all kinds of things i got to do. and then i dont want to keep moving my son around either. the next time i want to move is too my permanent nycha apartment. so i guess this is a sacrifice i have to make in order to make this nycha thing work. the customer service people that answer the phone need to be divided by cases and should be better able to assist you when you call. atleast know more info when they look in the cpu. they dont really help me when they say your case is still in eligibility review and theres no time frame. everything was going good till it got in that eligibility review lol. i feel so close but yet so far away lol

Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 AM

226 posts, read 1,099,276 times
Yea she told me 6 months because its takes 3 months for processing for eligibility. Then after that,it goes to the development you choose to wait on a waiting list for an apt to come up. She said once it goes out of the hands to the development,they have no control over how long the wait for an apt is. Thats why i say im not gonna think im moving in less then 6 months. Maybe a year or so and if it just so happens that i get an apt within 6 months thats excellent,but i know nycha has a long long waiting list.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM

My person told me it could take anywhere from 3 to six month. and like they say on the phone it is all about how much paper work they asked you for. i know everyone case is different but all i gave them was a work letter, s.s, birth certificates for everyone and 1 court letter. it should take that long @Trini your case is still under review??? I was told since it is outreach everything changes!
they would only hit us up because they have apt's available and once we get to development stage if there is nothing available then they would give me a whole new listing on available apt's. I dont understand this. they mess with peoples lifes they should have did a review when you first apply. Trini i dont think you want to go to a shelter. unless you want to save up. there is nothing they are really doing for anyone. Once your here for 5months they list you as a long time stayer.
Plus it is to stressing.. if you can make do with what you have then you should but the only program they have is for people who get evicted from their apartments.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 PM

175 posts, read 459,697 times
I spoke to my landlord today. He told me they would make an exception only if its for housing because they have plenty of people waiting for an apartment and plus they want to raise my rent when I leave. They only lowered my rent because I had the work advantage program. I asked if he can lower my rent again he said call him back next week and hell see what he can do. So I feel a bit better now. I still don't want to sign a new lease and continue paying this expensive rent. But they are willing to work with me and I appreciate that much. @dream it be nice to save up. But its exactly that I did it once before and I dont like their rules. Neither does my bf so we decided to stay where w e at

Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 AM

wow, i heard they stopped the work advantage program about a year and a half ago. THAT IS GREAT! I AM HAPPY FOR YOU. And yes i think staying out the shelter is best for everyone it breaks people down and each day it has me praying more and more for housing, No one knows what i am going through but i am going on www.nyc.gov i heard someone tell me if you write them then someone will apply with hats going on with your case.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM

14 posts, read 54,719 times
could someone answer my question on the 18th of June 2012 i had my interview for housing were i had to take all my documents and i had to pick one out of the four housing apt where i want to lived i would like to know when you pick where you want is that mean you will get the apt

Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 AM

Unfortunately No. you still have to processed and if you are Elgible. its about four processes that should take short but they end up taking long smdh they said it could take 3 to 6 months

Old 09-01-2012, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 12,525 times
The outreach letter I received was for a particular building they said they had 2 bedrooms. So I see that after the interview and background check they send it off to the development and you have to wait for them to call you for move in? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery