Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM

205 posts, read 979,773 times

Advertisements

They are SO unhelpful at the 707 #
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM

9 posts, read 29,327 times
yes they are they never have any information to give. They kept telling me that my application was not even processed that i didn't have an application online. But yet I already had the interview for eligibility i had to keep going into the Atlantic office because they confused my husbands names with my daughter and kept asking for my daughter work verification she was 4.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhotg1rl View Post
yes they are they never have any information to give. They kept telling me that my application was not even processed that i didn't have an application online. But yet I already had the interview for eligibility i had to keep going into the Atlantic office because they confused my husbands names with my daughter and kept asking for my daughter work verification she was 4.
I went to the office before. The lady I got was rude. She just said oh youre on the waiting list. And gave me attitude when i asked to speak to a supervisor. Of course she said there was no supervisor. I didnt feel like arguing and i just left. It was aggravating because she didnt tell me anything new. That was one years and a half ago. I havent gone back to that office. I wasted time going there. Not fun at all.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:55 PM

22 posts, read 67,745 times
does anyone know how long is the wait till they show u an apartment im on a waiting list for harlem river houses since decemeber 2012 how long is the wait i pass the eligibility interview already in october just waiting for an apartment

Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM

226 posts, read 1,100,203 times
Well right now all developements are on a hold due to hurricane sandy....the lady at my development im supposed to go too when they have apts vacant for me said that she doesnt know when the big heads that make the decisions on the developments are gonna give then the ok to start back renting vacant apts. Right now they are focusing on fixing the apts and doing repairs for all developments. So who knows when they will call us to view apts. Trinigirl was lucky,she got in before the hurricane happened lol...i secretly envy her lol. But yeah,all developments are on a hold right now

Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Well right now all developements are on a hold due to hurricane sandy....the lady at my development im supposed to go too when they have apts vacant for me said that she doesnt know when the big heads that make the decisions on the developments are gonna give then the ok to start back renting vacant apts. Right now they are focusing on fixing the apts and doing repairs for all developments. So who knows when they will call us to view apts. Trinigirl was lucky,she got in before the hurricane happened lol...i secretly envy her lol. But yeah,all developments are on a hold right now
Does this also mean that they are putting interviews for eligibility on hold?

Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 PM

226 posts, read 1,100,203 times
No,its only for people on waiting list

Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 PM

22 posts, read 67,745 times
omg forget nycha uughhhh then im glad im eligible for hud subsidy thank god whatever comes first i will take it to get the **** out of the shelter

Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 AM

Nycha takes forever. Whenever you ask them something they say. .. Oh there is no time frame. Nonsense!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,232 times
Default Nycha info

Hi...im currently in nc and applied for nycha in dec 2012 and called today 3/18/2013 and found out im on the waiting list for an interview (STEP ONE) okay so I lived in nycha housing before but it was under my grandma. I moved back to nyc in 2011 and was in the shelter for 6
months I applied for housing then but they said I never applied...so hear I am. I chose manhattan 1st then bronx 2nd (i know what a wait lol) newho

How long should I have to wait? I have a daughter so just 1/1?
Also the shelter kicked me out because they said I had no proof that couldnt live with a family member
that lived in housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery