Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM

75 posts, read 311,641 times

Advertisements

It only depends on your development you choiced but you good. One bedrooms get called back faster than any other. The only thing is its you against the rest of them one bedroom seekers in your development. And whos need base is first. But i would say less than a month
or two but ask them questions they can answer for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 01:24 PM

13 posts, read 61,326 times
My process so far has seemed to go by faster than most others, I'm not sure why... I'm not outreach or anything, just a priority N4. I applied 9/20/12 and had an interview on 10/25/12. They sent me a letter asking for some more info from me... Basically a paper stating why I'm behind on rent. I sent it back and got my letter on 12/10/12 that I am certified eligible. I have a large family though and so I am eligible for for 5 bedroom which I'm told can make things kind of different because you don't pick a development only a burrough. When I was at my interview I wasn't sure which one to pick because I wanted to fastest one so I was thinking the Bronx, but then my interviewer suggested sort of off the record that I go with Manhattan, he told me that for any other size Manhattan would be longer but not so for a 5 bedroom so I went with his advice. I am now waiting for an apartment and have no clue how long it will be... I haven't met anyone else who is in or applied for a 5 bedroom and I have no idea which developments even have 5 bedrooms. If anyone knows please let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in housing court next month so I don't know if that will change my status or not, but I guess I will find out. Good luck to everyone waiting on an apartment, I will keep you in my prayers.... Hope you have a blessed Christmas!

Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Merry xmas every one but anyways sunny, a five bedroom isnt as common as a two nor one so yours should be faster hut usually people with five bedrooms and they move to nycha they usually dont move out since they have a large family. But it all has to do with your family need base and everyone at nycha has a
different worker whom takes as long as they feel on peoples application.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM

205 posts, read 978,889 times
They tell me that the computer randomly selects people. Idk if this is true. The computer must be broken because I've been waiting just for an interview since March 2011 lol

Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 PM

13 posts, read 61,326 times
The guy who interviewed me told me the computer picks applicants based on the anticipated vacancies they have for the next 9 months... When they have an anticipated vacancy in the size apt you need, you get picked "supposedly" according to the priority code they assigned you based on the info you put on your app. I have met a lot of people who have been waiting a long time for an interview. I think the only reason I got one so quickly is because he told me not that many people are eligible for a 5 bedroom because you have to have 9-10 people in your household. Good luck, I hope they contact you soon!

Last edited by sunnygirl35; 12-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Misspelling

Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 AM

22 posts, read 67,698 times
hi guys im single mom currently in family shelter wit my son i did interview for nycha march 9 2012 it took about 6 months for eligiblity to be completed got my tenament selection oct 4 2012 sent it out before the deadline which was november 30 i sent ma paper around thanksgiving they sent me a letter sayin everything is completed im on the wait list i call them every other day same thing the computer generates it based on priorites and my a working family and need based perference I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE SHELTER SO FRASTRUATING BEING HERE I DONT MAKE THAT MUCH IM LIVING OFF MY SON SSI AND PART TIME JOB SO SICK OF THIS PLACE NOW THEY THREATING TO NEXT STEP ME CAUSE I BEEN HERE TOO LONG GOD PLEASE SEND ME A MIRACLE SMH

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM

I feel you ray im in the same boat as you. Dont let them threatens you. don't let.them scare you. Your in a shelter for a reason and you have yet to leave because you have no where to go or turn. They trying to next step every one so.....as long as you.doing what you need to do they r not suppose to touch you

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM

11 posts, read 47,302 times
Simliar sit. I have been n 2 shelt. the past yr. Ive been certified since 2010 for a studio but now i have a baby an im still waiting only now for a 1 bedroom w/ n1 priority

Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Was it outreach? N Did you update them?. And you can complaint.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 PM

226 posts, read 1,099,368 times
Dream are you certified yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery