Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM

175 posts, read 460,120 times

Advertisements

I know how u feel. But you already on the lists so hopefully they will update soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 PM

whats up everyone any new updates?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 AM

29 posts, read 64,498 times
I received a letter today from the development I was approved for through the outreach program. Just a basic format letter asking me if I was still interested in remaining on the waiting list for an apt and that I had 45 days to respond back to them or they would dead my application. I mailed it right back asap. Hopefully that is a sign I will be hearing something back within the next few months.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM

226 posts, read 1,100,203 times
I recieved the same letter from my developement. Im in the same situation as u.hopefully this is a good sign

Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 PM

22 posts, read 67,745 times
Got the same letter in the mail from housing sent it the same day in the mean time called hud buildings to get applications did as many as possible trying to get out the shelter asapppppp which ever comes first i will take im hoping and praying for a miracle soonnnn

Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,962,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrombklyn View Post
Got the same letter in the mail from housing sent it the same day in the mean time called hud buildings to get applications did as many as possible trying to get out the shelter asapppppp which ever comes first i will take im hoping and praying for a miracle soonnnn
Why not apply for a job at Maison Harlem instead ? Or at the same time that you "pray" for a miracle, consider doing something to make one "happen." Hint: They don't. They come when you act.

Maison Harlem is also in West Harlem ! And the owner is a very nice guy.
You could also try one of the many other places that are hiring in the area.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM

8 posts, read 22,198 times
I too have received a letter today from nycha asking if I was still interested and wanted to remain on the waiting list.and also who would be living with me when I move .hopefully the next letter would be to come view an apt..Good Luck everyone

Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 AM

75 posts, read 311,882 times
i think everyone has received that letter lol i dont know whats going on here.. i just hope the hurry i just think its no need for everyone to be waiting like this after you done had your interview, certified and they got all their needed documents... and news flash to the A'Hole who keeps saying stupid things out his mouth you don't get no extra taxes for living in nycha. the government feels since you already paying low than there is no need to get that earn credit ... Learn ya fax before speaking out ya mouth please ....n stop sending me stupid inboxes

Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 AM

the letters are just to update and see if u still want the apt. half the time people say no because they are tired of waiting which benefits people like us who need the apt to free up the waiting list to make room. im not saying its going to be asap but it should just move you up in the list. so have hope everyone and keep checking your status with nycha

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM

22 posts, read 67,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Why not apply for a job at Maison Harlem instead ? Or at the same time that you "pray" for a miracle, consider doing something to make one "happen." Hint: They don't. They come when you act.

Maison Harlem is also in West Harlem ! And the owner is a very nice guy.
You could also try one of the many other places that are hiring in the area.
ummm who da **** told u i didnt have a job stop jumping into conclusion and mind ya bizness for ur info i have a job so mind urs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery