Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 PM

58 posts, read 281,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
Yeah I called this morning @ty but the reps don't know much because they said I have to wait to hear from a development manager since its the boro waiting list. @mzineed, thank you it did go by fast like dang. I was 8 weeks pregnant and he's 8 months now. I'm a little sad because I rent a studio next to my moms house and she watches him while I work, but hopefully the rent is cheaper. I am going to stop working overtime until my rent is calculated. I am on my way to the bronx office now to see if those reps have more information, because I swear I feel as if I was being mislead by the phone reps.
Be careful... I was twice told I got the apartment and I'm still waiting. They are very unorganized but I hope that's not your situation. However, keep up with it all so you don't miss out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 03:50 PM

79 posts, read 201,660 times
Yea I just came back from the office they said I am selected but to come back tomorrow so that they can check the tsap whatever the thing that selects you and then they can give me the development. I got there 10 mins before 5 so that department had left already. I don't know how this is going to turn out but I'll just keep following up. They said I was selected feb 28 and that if they can't get the development name tomorrow that I'm just going to have to wait until a manager contacts me. We will see.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Yea I just came back from the office they said I am selected but to come back tomorrow so that they can check the tsap whatever the thing that selects you and then they can give me the development. I got there 10 mins before 5 so that department had left already. I don't know how this is going to turn out but I'll just keep following up. They said I was selected feb 28 and that if they can't get the development name tomorrow that I'm just going to have to wait until a manager contacts me. We will see.
Nice... GoodLuck. I know you're excited.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Thank you. I am excited but the thing is that I'm nervous about the building. If I get a building I don't like, I'll just stay in my studio. Also, I work a lot so now moving will be dreadful, I am grateful but there's a lot to do when moving and I work over 40 hours per week with a baby that's now learning to walk and destroy things. I hope you're next on the list. Did you check the self service? What does it say?

Old 03-18-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I am excited but the thing is that I'm nervous about the building. If I get a building I don't like, I'll just stay in my studio. Also, I work a lot so now moving will be dreadful, I am grateful but there's a lot to do when moving and I work over 40 hours per week with a baby that's now learning to walk and destroy things. I hope you're next on the list. Did you check the self service? What does it say?
It would be an act of God if I'm next on the list and for which I'd be grateful. I'm at the point where whatever I'm given I'll make the best of it. My status still says certified. I haven't been selected but I'm praying and hoping I will be. If you are doing well and don't need it then refuse it so someone else can have it but i would recommending doing so with great consideration.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM

Yea if I see that it won't be convinient I will refuse. I pay almost 900 for a studio and its decent. However I work in wall st and its almost 2 hours commute so I'll just have to wait it out. Again I hope you will be next because you have been waiting for a long time.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Yea if I see that it won't be convinient I will refuse. I pay almost 900 for a studio and its decent. However I work in wall st and its almost 2 hours commute so I'll just have to wait it out. Again I hope you will be next because you have been waiting for a long time.
Thank you! I appreciate the thought

Old 03-23-2014, 02:19 PM

After going to nycha, I was told that I was selected for the polo grounds. The manager said she was getting ready to move on to the next person because she allegedly sent me a letter with no reply, at the nycha office they said the letter was generated but never sent out. I didn't argue with the manager and went ahead and met up with her. I refused the apartment because I got a horrible vibe. They will call me or send me a letter with a second offer and if I get the same vibe from that development, I will refuse again and remain where I am now.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
After going to nycha, I was told that I was selected for the polo grounds. The manager said she was getting ready to move on to the next person because she allegedly sent me a letter with no reply, at the nycha office they said the letter was generated but never sent out. I didn't argue with the manager and went ahead and met up with her. I refused the apartment because I got a horrible vibe. They will call me or send me a letter with a second offer and if I get the same vibe from that development, I will refuse again and remain where I am now.
I kinda figured it was the polo grounds... Yea, those projects are said to be horrible and out in west bumble bumble but it seems they are trying to send everyone there who is waiting for Manhattan because no one wants to go there. I get it. If you feel uncomfortable, stay where you are but hopefully you'll get some place much nicer and not so far out. Good luck

Old 03-23-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks, yeah I got a horrible feeling about em. The location was okay...the D train...I noticed there's like nothing around but a few habibi stores and something that looks like a train but really isn't. I didn't like the fact that the manager claimed she sent me a notice and I never got it and then the nycha office told me otherwise. Just started out bad from the get. Hopefully I get something else that is not as bad. If not then whatever. Thanks for the support and i'll keep the forum updated. When you do get selected don't listen to the phone reps, my application was about to be deemed dead because they kept telling me to just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery