Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM

226 posts, read 1,098,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
Okay so I accepted the apartment! It was completely ruined! However, I still saw the beauty in it. It was large and the kitchen was separate and so was the living room. It is safe to say that I love it. They are going to completely renovate it and put new appliances. It will be ready in a month or so. The area doesn't seem bad. I also asked for you @ty so check your email for what I am going to say.
Just know that they start charging you rent from.the day you accept the apt. So if the apt isnt ready yet,u still have to pay for the month they are renovating the apt. If move in the apt may,u need to pay for april may and ur security plus fees. They dont tell u that,it.just shows up on your rent statement and your like wtf why am i being charger X amount of dollars.Fyi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM

79 posts, read 201,388 times
Isn't that convinient for them lol! Thanks girl, they better renovate the hell out of it since I have to pay without being there.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 AM

39 posts, read 109,348 times
Quote:
Okay so I accepted the apartment! It was completely ruined! However, I still saw the beauty in it. It was large and the kitchen was separate and so was the living room. It is safe to say that I love it. They are going to completely renovate it and put new appliances. It will be ready in a month or so. The area doesn't seem bad. I also asked for you @ty so check your email for what I am going to say.
Good drew rite I told u the area was cool. So now u wait another month. But still u got it congrats

Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 AM

Yeah, thank you hun ! The area is good, I like that there's a store on every corner and sight lol. She said 3 weeks, but by reading what others have posted here and how bad the place was destroyed, I am giving it a month or so.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah, thank you hun ! The area is good, I like that there's a store on every corner and sight lol. She said 3 weeks, but by reading what others have posted here and how bad the place was destroyed, I am giving it a month or so.
I'm thinkin yours took so long because of hurricane Sandy. I check my status twice a day , Gettin lost I'm nycha trick bag is no fun.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:25 AM

Yeah I was thinking that too, but today I realized that maybe it wasn't that. This girl said she had been waiting since 2011 and she had n1 priority. She said she finally got selected and then never responded because she didn't receive anything in the mail, so now she has to reapply without the n1 priority. I am a firm believer in the phrase "Everything happens when its suppose to happen". Keep checking but don't drive yourself nuts, I got selected feb 26th and didn't notice until march 18th because I went from checking all day everyday to not checking it for weeks at a time. When I saw that it said selected I was extremely shocked like dang does it really say this.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking that too, but today I realized that maybe it wasn't that. This girl said she had been waiting since 2011 and she had n1 priority. She said she finally got selected and then never responded because she didn't receive anything in the mail, so now she has to reapply without the n1 priority. I am a firm believer in the phrase "Everything happens when its suppose to happen". Keep checking but don't drive yourself nuts, I got selected feb 26th and didn't notice until march 18th because I went from checking all day everyday to not checking it for weeks at a time. When I saw that it said selected I was extremely shocked like dang does it really say this.
I know u were shocked, Smh an it's sure case by case I met a women at witness aide she got the whole process done, an got her apartment in 6 months. But I'm hopefull my situation is diff only because om still at the address where the crime happen I'm more or less feelin like i wanna be safe some where no one can find me. So I try to not t hink about it but o have to keep checking "drive myself crazy"an also I wanted to say how thwy gonna charge u rent an they not lettin u sleeo there smh they have no heart. Ppl need they money to live day by day an they have the nerve hope u get ur keys than so u can walk in an out at least chrck up on they progress since its urs. Lol

Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 PM

48 posts, read 139,330 times
Quote:
It takes long because it's a computer deciding how important a human's situation is. I've been waiting since summer 2011 but thankfully a friend of mine told me to make sure I stay up to date with everything on a day to day basis or I too could have been knocked off the waiting list and I've returned maybe six canvas letters since applying and call customer service or check the self service at least once per week for any new notification as the truth is they don't care. It's going on 3 years now I've been certified and 5 since I applied and still no apartment with the highest priority. I'm not sure what's going on and have tried everything and I mean everything lol... I'm laughing because I'm actually not exaggerating and feel a little silly because I wish I were. As an emergency candidate on the borough-wide waiting list it seems I have less options than a non-emergency candidate. I were actually told by ISAAC Houses that they would help me if I were on their waiting list but sadly I can't be place on any specific developments waiting list because when you're on the borough wide waiting list, though you are waiting on all developments but not in the developments systems waiting list which I don't get but then again I don't get a lot about NYCHA. I think I could do a better job of running that place with my eyes closed and a second job. The whole thing sucks and you know how the saying goes, you only loose when you fight back... So I can't call the news people, fear calling 311 and filing a complaint and there is no room to request a hearing because guess what... That only for people living in housing or denied housing. I guess I'm stuck until this computer finds me a worthy human.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:00 PM

48 posts, read 139,330 times
Does anyone know if it's possible for NYCHA to notify you that you were selected by text message. I have heard they sometimes call but not sure how true that is or is it basically by mail that you are notified... Anyone is the past that got notified of being selected, please post it to the thread as to how you received notification. Also, if anyone has pics of what a NYCHA studio looks like it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 PM

tuh, the polo grounds didn't even call me. I doubt they would send a text when they don't even bother calling. They send letters out. I have heard that they us to call, but I think they got too fancy for phone calls. hey ty, somewhere in a thread here I saw one girl saying her studio in Manhattan was big with many closets. I also saw somewhere in a thread of a person getting a call when selected but that was years ago. The poster was tallmissfit or something like that. I will see if I find the threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery